2017 NHL Playoff

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Hopefully the cap goes up more than it has been, otherwise Montreal will have problems cap wise...

He is their best player, pretty hard to let him walk in a year.

Radulov signed with the Dallas, I'm hearing 5 years @ 6 million per...

I'm glad in a way, I'm not a huge fan of Russian hockey players, they are more in it for themselves...

Look at Ovi, the best pure goal scorer the last 10 years, Washington arguably the best regular season team the last 3-4 years, nada cups, and probably last season was their best chance.

The loss of Radulov is compensated by the pickup of Drouin who I think is a better with way more upside. With that being sad, I'd bring Markov back for 2 years and hope someone in the AHL is ready to step up within 2 years...only because Montreal has no choice.

Overall Montreal needs to remake their entire FO...Bergeron is not a good GM, he tried to bring both Radulov and Markov back...in the end it sounds like is initial offers were to low and probably offended both, a more prudent GM would have targeted just one to bring back.

It will be pretty much the same as last season, I'm not expecting much from Montreal...another disappointing off-season to say the least.
Certain Russians are ok. Voynov, for example, is a fantastic top-4 D, team guy, and solid leader -- he just got deported for beating the crap out of his wife. We have a kid, Prohorkin, on the other hand, who would rather stay in Russia because he doesn't want to play in the damn AHL for a season.

Yeah, Ovi is a crap leader. Good guy and all, he's worthless in the postseason. Sergei Federov, on the other hand, was amazing.

If signing Price to that extension came at the expense of Radulov, don't let the door hit you (Radulov) on the way out. Price is an elite, nearly generational goalie. True, elite goalies don't grow on trees. Top-6 fwds don't either, but Rodulov ain't no Price! :)

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Hopefully the cap goes up more than it has been, otherwise Montreal will have problems cap wise...

I'm glad in a way, I'm not a huge fan of Russian hockey players, they are more in it for themselves...

Look at Ovi, the best pure goal scorer the last 10 years, Washington arguably the best regular season team the last 3-4 years, nada cups, and probably last season was their best chance.

The loss of Radulov is compensated by the pickup of Drouin who I think is a better with way more upside. With that being sad, I'd bring Markov back for 2 years and hope someone in the AHL is ready to step up within 2 years...only because Montreal has no choice.

Overall Montreal needs to remake their entire FO...Bergeron is not a good GM, he tried to bring both Radulov and Markov back...in the end it sounds like is initial offers were to low and probably offended both, a more prudent GM would have targeted just one to bring back.

It will be pretty much the same as last season, I'm not expecting much from Montreal...another disappointing off-season to say the least.
And we really, really, need the cap to go up, Lukin!!! Hoping the players exercise the escalator.

It's really looking like we're headed for at least another lockout, possibly another strike.

lukin2006

Reaction score
And we really, really, need the cap to go up, Lukin!!! Hoping the players exercise the escalator.

It's really looking like we're headed for at least another lockout, possibly another strike.

Trouty, I agree I think another lockout or strike is likely...

I kind of figured we were headed that way when the owners wanted the NHLPA to extend the contract a couple years to allow players the participate in the Olympics in 2018.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Radulov wants 6-7 year contract at 7 million per. He's not worth that much, and no way I give him 6-7 years. I'd go 5 at 6 million per. Not really sure he's is a priority, Montreal now has Drouin, Galchenyuk and Max as high end wingers...they need defense and a center. Myself, I'd sign Galchenyuk and move him to center and leave him there, let him develop, then I'd try and sign Gagner as my number 2 center, try and get Radulov signed and get a free agent defense man.

Trouty, I read that Thorton is in contact with LA, I think he either plays in LA or resigns with the sharks. I've also heard he'd consider Montreal, him setting Radulov, Drouin or Max could be a dangerous number 1 line...I just don't see him leaving the west coast.
Radulov is a typical Russian mercenary. Good riddance. No real loss. I am always delighted to see the Habs dump a BS russian. Amen.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Sad news, loved this guy growing up, and he was such a big part of Gretzky's success.

Dave Semenko, the Edmonton Oilers enforcer who served as Wayne Gretzky's bodyguard, dies at 59

http://nationalpost.com/sports/hock...t-59/wcm/257cc15d-3752-4653-9742-440da291574f
The loss of Semenko really saddens me. A good Canadian who played his role the way it was meant to be played. It seems like yesterday that he was playing and young and powerful. Hard to believe he is gone. Sad day for Canadian hockey fans.

haleyrules

Reaction score

**** Radulov and all russian bum mercenaries. Good riddance.