2017 NHL Playoff

haleyrules

Reaction score
I never like it when management/coach's ego's get in the way...I still think Montreal regrets trading Roy over a issues with Roy and the coach at the time.
Roy was the best goalie of all time and not just in Montreal thats saying something. I wstched him play countless games live and Dryden too. Nobody was better than Patrick.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Tremblay acted like a dork!! But, Mario was a good guy...just not a good coach!!
Used to see Tremblay around the city and even at the Forum...he was a guy that would always say hello...very approachable..both he and Roy gave my son autographs years ago...at different times...my boy was very sweet and got autograghs from big Larry Robinson and an aging Rocket Richard...that was no easy task!!

lukin2006

Reaction score
Used to see Tremblay around the city and even at the Forum...he was a guy that would always say hello...very approachable..both he and Roy gave my son autographs years ago...at different times...my boy was very sweet and got autograghs from big Larry Robinson and an aging Rocket Richard...that was no easy task!!

Larry Robinson easily my favorite defense-man, to have an autograph from him and the Rocket, that's special, then throw in Roy...awesome.

A little Robinson trivia, he's the all-time +/- leader at 730+. the surprising stat, no one is even close to him, Bobby Orr is second at 597, Wayne Gretzky is at 518, and that's the shocking part, I figured Gretzky would have been he all-time leader seeing he had such monster point years.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Larry Robinson easily my favorite defense-man, to have an autograph from him and the Rocket, that's special, then throw in Roy...awesome.

A little Robinson trivia, he's the all-time +/- leader at 730+. the surprising stat, no one is even close to him, Bobby Orr is second at 597, Wayne Gretzky is at 518, and that's the shocking part, I figured Gretzky would have been he all-time leader seeing he had such monster point years.
The Richard autograph was the toughest...he was an old man...watching the game from the stands...no way to get close to the icon....my boy simply walked up while he was seated...unreal...and ole Richard smiled, at this Englush speaking boy, and signed. He let him sit on his lap and allowed his Mother to take a picture. Good guy...that never made lot of money. Good Canadian. Big heart.

lukin2006

Reaction score
The Richard autograph was the toughest...he was an old man...watching the game from the stands...no way to get close to the icon....my boy simply walked up while he was seated...unreal...and ole Richard smiled, at this Englush speaking boy, and signed. He let him sit on his lap and allowed his Mother to take a picture. Good guy...that never made lot of money. Good Canadian. Big heart.

Awesome for your son...:)

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Well it is over, LV has Fleury......pencil them into the Stanley Cup Finals against the Pens.....

lukin2006

Reaction score
Glad that stupid expansion draft is over and the NHL draft is history...now onto FA. Montreal needs to sign someone of significance. I think this is Bergeron's last year as Montreal's GM, after that horrible draft he should be gone now, and that 1st round selection what a joke, I am not a fan of US college players, less of a fan of freshman college players...their number 1 pick (Ryan Poehling) has bust written all it

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
If I was Pittsburgh I'd be glad he's gone. I'm not a Fleury fan. If Murray doesn't get healthy Nashville wins the cup.
I am not sure about that. Fleury did play well for the most part, and did have a shutout.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Glad that stupid expansion draft is over and the NHL draft is history...now onto FA. Montreal needs to sign someone of significance. I think this is Bergeron's last year as Montreal's GM, after that horrible draft he should be gone now, and that 1st round selection what a joke, I am not a fan of US college players, less of a fan of freshman college players...their number 1 pick (Ryan Poehling) has bust written all it
What about Timmins??

lukin2006

Reaction score
I am not sure about that. Fleury did play well for the most part, and did have a shutout.

To me, once Fleury starts to trend towards mediocre as he did in the Ottawa series then it takes a while to get his game back, he doesn't bounce back from bad games like other goalies do...that been my observation since his days as a world junior goalie. I do agree without his great play in round 1 and 2 Pittsburgh don't win the cup, but he was starting to trend the wrong way in the last half the Washington series.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
To me, once Fleury starts to trend towards mediocre as he did in the Ottawa series then it takes a while to get his game back, he doesn't bounce back from bad games like other goalies do...that been my observation since his days as a world junior goalie. I do agree without his great play in round 1 and 2 Pittsburgh don't win the cup, but he was starting to trend the wrong way in the last half the Washington series.
fair point.....well it is all moot now. He is a Golden Knight, and Murray is the present and future at goalie in Pittsburgh. I hope Fleury does well over there, he is my 2nd favorite goalie, behind Tom Barrasso. Murray is my 3rd favorite goalie, but will probably move up the charts, especially if he continues to have the success he has had so far.

lukin2006

Reaction score
fair point.....well it is all moot now. He is a Golden Knight, and Murray is the present and future at goalie in Pittsburgh. I hope Fleury does well over there, he is my 2nd favorite goalie, behind Tom Barrasso. Murray is my 3rd favorite goalie, but will probably move up the charts, especially if he continues to have the success he has had so far.

Murray is off to a good start, 2 Cup's and he's still a rookie.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Trever Timmins..he has been with the club forever..VP of Player personnel...makes the high end recommendations to the GM...was very high on Poehling. Bad 1st rd pick!

My sports knowledge usually doesn't extend into the front office beyond the GM...lol. Well I do not think Montreal's FO has done a good job overall...I think it show's. Personally when MT was let go I would have preferred an interim head coach. As for their number 1 pick, if he see'sthe NHL it'll be at least 3-4 years...they've had way to many bust in round 1. I don't know what the answer is, they do need a number 1 center...