2017 NHL Playoff

lukin2006

Reaction score
Man, you guys were steaming from the mouth when that trade went down. Then the season started and everyone loved Weber, lol.

I remember PK had just built a hospital and Hab fans were saying that the trade was done because PK was getting larger spotlight than the Habs themselves. They were so pissed. Lol

I actually prefer Weber as well, PK is very flashy...I like Weber's leadership, Montreal just came up against great goaltending in the opening round...I think Lundquist only gave up 12 goals in 6 games...pretty tough to win when you come across that kind of goaltending.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I actually prefer Weber as well, PK is very flashy...I like Weber's leadership, Montreal just came up against great goaltending in the opening round...I think Lundquist only gave up 12 goals in 6 games...pretty tough to win when you come across that kind of goaltending.
Oh, I know. Once Weber started playing for y'all, he laid to rest a lot of the fan's concerns. Outside of Habs' land, we all thought the trade was fair.

Yeah, Lundqvist sure did turn on that switch, brother. Price is the best netminder in the league and King Hank outplayed him. Just wasn't your year, brudda.

haleyrules

Reaction score
I have been a lifelong Montreal fan and have attended countless games at the old Forum. Including the 1975 new yrs eve game vrs Red Army. The organisation has long ago gone soft with their idiotic fixation about European soft assed losers. I haven't seriously followed them in years. The once great franchise has sadly lost its way.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Oh, I know. Once Weber started playing for y'all, he laid to rest a lot of the fan's concerns. Outside of Habs' land, we all thought the trade was fair.

Yeah, Lundqvist sure did turn on that switch, brother. Price is the best netminder in the league and King Hank outplayed him. Just wasn't your year, brudda.
The club just was not good enough Trouty.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Unfortunately Letang is done for the year, but at least Kunitz is back for the Caps.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I have been a lifelong Montreal fan and have attended countless games at the old Forum. Including the 1975 new yrs eve game vrs Red Army. The organisation has long ago gone soft with their idiotic fixation about European soft assed losers. I haven't seriously followed them in years. The once great franchise has sadly lost its way.

Agree, '93, last championship. I watched New Years Eve '75 game with my brother and father, some call that the greatest game ever played...it was a classic, very envious that you attended that game and many others in Montreal, I unfortunately live to far away and have only been to 1 game at the old Forum, an exhibition game when the '76 Canada Cup was taking place. Yes, I'm not a huge fan of European players ether, however Radulov was their best forward against NY.

The greatest game I think ever played was the gold medal game Canada vs USA in 2010 at the Vancouver Olympics, that was a classic as well.

lukin2006

Reaction score

That's the the thing with hockey, a goalie can steal a series...or like '93, Montreal's last cup, Roy put on the greatest goaltending clinic through 4 rounds that will never be duplicated...11 straight playoff wins, 10 of the 16 wins came in OT...amazing. I call my Montreal's Stanley Cup drought the curse of St. Patrick...time for Montreal to hire Roy in some capacity, bring him back to his rightful home.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
That's the the thing with hockey, a goalie can steal a series...or like '93, Montreal's last cup, Roy put on the greatest goaltending clinic through 4 rounds that will never be duplicated...11 straight playoff wins, 10 of the 16 wins came in OT...amazing. I call my Montreal's Stanley Cup drought the curse of St. Patrick...time for Montreal to hire Roy in some capacity, bring him back to his rightful home.
He didn't do too well as a HC, but maybe in the FO?

lukin2006

Reaction score
He didn't do too well as a HC, but maybe in the FO?

I was thinking FO, maybe assistant coach/goalie coach...many former head coaches become assistants, I think he wanted to take some time away from the game...probably been involved in hockey since he was 5, up here in Canada we learn to skate before we can walk...hockey is a religion to some folks. I just want him back in the organization in some capacity, I was really down on the team for trading him...it was ridiculous dispute with Mario Trembley before his last game in Montreal against Detroit...

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Uh, they traded for Ott and Martinsen at the deadline. Their whole team, sans maybe Plekanec and Galchenyuk, is tough.

Not having enough "soft" players with skill is exactly why they lost lol

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Uh, they traded for Ott and Martinsen at the deadline. Their whole team, sans maybe Plekanec and Galchenyuk, is tough.

They need to re-sign Dwight King so we get that compensatory pick. He's isn't skilled, either, but at least he brings a winning pedigree and is strong on the boards/puck. Do it, Habs! Help a brudda out!

John813

Reaction score
They need to re-sign Dwight King so we get that compensatory pick. He's isn't skilled, either, but at least he brings a winning pedigree and is strong on the boards/puck. Do it, Habs! Help a brudda out!

No. Want the Panthers to sign him.
Would be a good fit for the 4th line down here.
Problem is that Tallon will overpay him due to character lol.

lukin2006

Reaction score

They lost because Lundquist was outstanding...and that happens, sometimes great goaltending beats you.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
They lost because Lundquist was outstanding...and that happens, sometimes great goaltending beats you.
Not really. Lundqvist was good but he didn't have to make more than a handful of great saves the entire series.

The Habs have no scorers outside of Max Pac and Radulov, so they went all in on goon hockey at the deadline. When the Rangers were responsible, MTL couldn't generate chances. What'd they have, 2 goals in the entire series when they had to go 200 feet?

haleyrules

Reaction score
He was outstanding as a rookie in 86 as well. That club had like 10 rookies including the HC and won many OT games...incredable run.