2018 Bold Predictions

BigBlacKahuna

22Cowboys21
Reaction score
We will be the same predictable team that doesn't adjust to what's happening on the field. We'll continue to force feed Dez while running his TWO routes, Jason Witten will get even slower. Stupid a** Jason Garett will still be clapping while we're getting our doors blown off! Same stuff, different year.......

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have 7.5 years of evidence with Garrett as HC. My only hope is that somehow Garrett shows us something he has never shown in all his years with this team: Innovation.

Innovation is what transforms a team to consistently maximize its talent. (Like the rams did this year) Our hopes are pinned to the idea that Garrett is somehow able to do things he hasn’t been able to in 7.5 seasons. Hope, not confidence is all we have.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Like this season the 2018 schedule looks tough. I think the Jags, Houston, Detroit, Colts, Commanders, and Tampa all improve. Having a hard time figuring out what the new excuse will be. They will struggle at home and be 4-4 there. That is a perennial handicap. Could be 8-8 with another excuse. High end 10 wins and a first round exit from the playoffs. That really is the best you can hope for with Jason Garrett,

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
My BOLD predictions for 2018...

- Jerry moves up in the draft to grab Roquan Smith.
- They make a trade w/ Seattle for Earl Thomas.
- This will be the first year, in quite some time, that the Dallas Cowboys go the entire season 'suspension free'.
- Zeke falls 12 yards short of Dickerson's record. The Clapper decides to rest him the final game of the season.
- Dez catches 80+ balls, goes over 1k in yards and scores 10 tds. Yet, there will be a minimum of (5) new threads started here that state he's washed up, too slow and needs cut.
- 1st round bye in the playoffs.
- Result..TBD. I'm not THAT BOLD!

phildadon86

Reaction score
In order to get Kris Richard to come here (besides promising him the DC job whenever it comes open) they promised to draft defensive front 7 in the first two rounds. I am certainly not opposed to this and the defense improves to playoff caliber. Unfortunately the offense will still lack play makers and run the same predictable plays leading to an 8-8 record.
Is there any legitimacy to what you are saying about drafting DL in the first 2?

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
My bold prediction is Cooper Rush will get his 1st NFL start in week 9 and it won't be because Dak is injured. He will have an outstanding pre-season and the fans will start screaming for him by week 9 because we will be 3-5 after week 8. Oh and ummm JG gets the boot after next season is over

mardwin

Reaction score
We will have a top 10 draft pick in 2019 and not via trade.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
We will barely make the playoffs and go one and out. Unfortunately, JG gets fired after the 2018 season.

risco

Reaction score
We all know the trend of late. Cowboys will bounce back from a dismal 2017 season and end up 12-4 with Garrett’s/Cowboys’ 1st NFC Championship game since 1995, next January.

Atlanta or Carolina will be our opponent in that game at AT&T Stadium.

Defense will bolster an overall top 5 ranking.

Cowboys first two picks in this year’s draft will be day 1 starters.

Witten retires at the end of next season.

Blast away! :cool:
Hmmm- How do you suppose we will get by the eagles? Their team is bolstered already and their coaching staff is already fantastic. Unless I'm missing something, Dallas is quite aways away from being in the playoff let alone the championship game next year.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Hmmm- How do you suppose we will get by the eagles? Their team is bolstered already and their coaching staff is already fantastic. Unless I'm missing something, Dallas is quite aways away from being in the playoff let alone the championship game next year.
We were quite aways away according to fans and pundits alike before last season too. Merely a bold prediction on my part.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Dallas getting more than 10 wins is Indeed a bold prediction. Dallas usually bounces back the next year after a bad season because they get an easy schedule. Not the case next season.
How is it a hard schedule?

HungryLion

Reaction score
We were quite aways away according to fans and pundits alike before last season too. Merely a bold prediction on my part.

You didn’t know, the Eagles are the division champs for the next 5 years. It’s alreasy been set in stone. Cowboys might as well not even bother trying to get better.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
My bold prediction is that we will be relegated to making bold predictions about the upcoming season two weeks before the superbowl.

Fmart322

Reaction score
Jason Garrett and his coaching staff who will lead this team to a 6 win season

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1. Dez cut after won't take pay cut - signs with Cincy - produces but isn't a #1
2. Dallas goes DL in 1st - WR in 2nd - both day 1 starters
3. 1 splashy move in FA(Earl Thomas signed after release) with depth added on OL
4. Zeke and Dak attack back in full force next year - top 5 offense
5. Defense plays solid - top 10
6. Playoffs - w/ bye
7. NFCC game - close win vs. Carolina
8. Super bowl - All TX Bowl - Cowboys vs Texans - Dallas wins going away
9. I stop getting drunk in the morning.....

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
How is it a hard schedule?

Looks hard but this year did to and it ended up being really easy. Last year was decently easy also. Next year looks to be mean compared to the last 2 seasons.

Last edited:

HardBlitz

Reaction score
Patriots will win the Superbowl again fans will complain about the refs favoring them in one or multiple playoff games and ratings will decline further until the only fans left are Patriots fans. After many years of this the NFL is reduced to a sideshow like the Harlem Globetrotters where the Patriots come to your hometown and play in your old NFL stadiums that no longer have teams "whats the point" and destroy whatever football team you throw at them.