2018 Bold Predictions

TwentyOne

Reaction score
We all know the trend of late. Cowboys will bounce back from a dismal 2017 season and end up 12-4 with Garrett’s/Cowboys’ 1st NFC Championship game since 1995, next January.

Atlanta or Carolina will be our opponent in that game at AT&T Stadium.

Defense will bolster an overall top 5 ranking.

Cowboys first two picks in this year’s draft will be day 1 starters.

Witten retires at the end of next season.

Blast away! :cool:

Do we lose that game ?

Only joking. I like that prediction.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Dak gets hurt Week 6 ; Jason Garrett comes out of retirement to win all remaining games , including the Super Bowl.

Jerry signs him to a lifetime contract , hires a hit man to off Garrett's father , and subsequently adopts Clapping Carrot Top.............................

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks hard but this year did to and it ended up being really easy. Last year was decently easy also. Next year looks to be mean compared to the last 2 seasons.
NFL schedules are “hard” every year because unlike college football, the gap in talent between top teams and teams like Cleveland is actually pretty thin. Every team on our schedule every year is a potential win or potential loss.

And that is exactly why coaching matters so much in the NFL. With razor thin differences in talent, having an innovative and resourceful coach who can draw the best from his players is so critical. This is why I have such a hard time getting excited about Garrett. He is so dang conservative and predictable, our opponents might as well be in the huddle. His average coaching abilities creates pressure on the front office to produce superior talent at every position because that’s the only way to win long term with JG. He couldn’t outcoach anyone.

RS12

Reaction score
Ok either way, is that legitimate?
These are predictions so, that is my prediction, but to get Richard to come here I would be shocked if personnel upgrades werent discussed. Remember, Jerry is a fan of the Seattle defense.

Silverstar

Reaction score
CRush outperforms Dak in preseason, as a result Dak breaks record for most passes without INT to start season...again.

Gregory comes back with a vengeance has more sacks than DLaw. :eek:

Cowboy are #1 defense and leads league in takeaways.

Cowboys sweep division!

Riding the Zeke train Cowboys make playoffs...Zeke is rushing champion.

Cowboys beat Steelers in SB...has the highest rating in history.

:D

canters

Reaction score
Until we get better talent in some areas, this is a slightly above average team that can get 11 wins or more under ideal circumstances but also could be 8-8 if we need our coaches to get us through rough patches.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These are predictions so, that is my prediction, but to get Richard to come here I would be shocked if personnel upgrades werent discussed. Remember, Jerry is a fan of the Seattle defense.
Does Jerry remember that he’s a fan of Seattle’s defense?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Prediction? Garrett goes 3-13 and gets a 10 year extension. Why? Because Jerry will be so busy counting his cash from ticket sales he will miss the fact that Garrett sucks

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
We all know the trend of late. Cowboys will bounce back from a dismal 2017 season and end up 12-4 with Garrett’s/Cowboys’ 1st NFC Championship game since 1995, next January.

Atlanta or Carolina will be our opponent in that game at AT&T Stadium.

Defense will bolster an overall top 5 ranking.

Cowboys first two picks in this year’s draft will be day 1 starters.

Witten retires at the end of next season.

Blast away! :cool:

You do realize that the Eagles will be better next year and will have Wentz back healthy.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
You do realize that the Eagles will be better next year and will have Wentz back healthy.
Maybe. Maybe not. They’ll get a lot of love the entire offseason, but things often do change. I suspect we’ll be better next season than we were this season.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Maybe. Maybe not. They’ll get a lot of love the entire offseason, but things often do change. I suspect we’ll be better next season than we were this season.

The scary fact is they will be returning most of the team as they are under contract. Sucks for us, but yes I agree things change in a year unless your NE.

agk136

Reaction score
Dak has another bad start and Garrett knowing his job is on the line suits up and takes the cowboys to the Superbowl and wins. JJ gives JG another contract.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Like this season the 2018 schedule looks tough. I think the Jags, Houston, Detroit, Colts, Commanders, and Tampa all improve. Having a hard time figuring out what the new excuse will be. They will struggle at home and be 4-4 there. That is a perennial handicap. Could be 8-8 with another excuse. High end 10 wins and a first round exit from the playoffs. That really is the best you can hope for with Jason Garrett,

Every year we say the schedule is going to be harder and that these teams that had bad years are all going to be better and it always seems to even out that the schedule is pretty much the same year in and year out. We need to worry less about the schedule and more about making our team the best team they can be.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Every year we say the schedule is going to be harder and that these teams that had bad years are all going to be better and it always seems to even out that the schedule is pretty much the same year in and year out. We need to worry less about the schedule and more about making our team the best team they can be.

I agree 100 pct. Year to year hard to predict teams. That said, the arrow should be pointing up on all those teams. The Jags, Lions, Colts have been dogs for a long time. I think they are all going to be good.

Verdict

Reaction score
Cowboys and Jaguars. In spite of our FO and coaching staff.

Browns will go 8-8 if they get a QB. Steelers and Patriots and Eagles take a step back, miss the playoffs.

Man the Patriots could be a different team entirely by the end of next year. Part of me wishes all of the Patriots coaches bail. How smug would ole Tom be at the end of the year. Anyone's guess.

GenoT

Reaction score
Jerry turns 76yo, 11-5, 2nd place in div, wildcard win, 2nd round loss, more churning of the assistant coaching staff (Marinelli retires), Garrett remains HC with Jerry’s blessing.