2018 British Open

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can say I respect Tiger as a Golfer. But as a person, he's a scumbag. So I have no problem whenever he falls down and eats sand in a sand trap.. That and the sports media and Tiger lovers wont shut up about him.

What Tiger did wrong wouldn't even register as a news event if he played football or basketball. He cheated on his wife and slept with a bunch of hot women. Thats par for the course in most pro sports. Sad but true. Hell, Kobe raped a girl , paid her off, and it barely affected his reputation.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
They should put Tiger back on the Ryder cup team so the U.S. can get smoked again whenever he plays. That was always fun to watch. :rolleyes:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What Tiger did wrong wouldn't even register as a news event if he played football or basketball. He cheated on his wife and slept with a bunch of hot women. Thats par for the course in most pro sports. Sad but true. Hell, Kobe raped a girl , paid her off, and it barely affected his reputation.

What made the Tiger-story go through the roof was the beat-down his wife gave him and him running off and smashing the SUV.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That gave it more tabloid gusto for sure. But he lost dozens of sponsors..........had his personal life magnified and scrutinized more than any other pro athlete in history. It was absurd.
Because he was the biggest sports figure on the planet and why he’s still drawing the attention when he shows up to a tournament .

But this has turned into a childish bullying exhibition which the Internet empowers not interested in an intellectual discussion. I’m out!

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
OK folks we've probably taken this as far as it needs to go...

C'mon, Man All we were doing was talking about how Tiger is Irrelevant and just average now but gets all of the attention just because of his past.

I never even got to mention how he had to run out of his house in his bare feet while being smacked with a 9 Iron. Oh well. Better luck next time.

But you're right. We've taken this as far as we can take it.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Because he was the biggest sports figure on the planet and why he’s still drawing the attention when he shows up to a tournament .

But this has turned into a childish bullying exhibition which the Internet empowers not interested in an intellectual discussion. I’m out!

You sound like one of those millennials that runs home to Daddy. And the only "intellectual discussion" you want is the one that agrees with your opinion. Some of us don't agree.

When is the last time Tiger won a PGA tour event? 2013. Sorry if I'm not impressed right now.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score

It still makes him a POS.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score

You finally said the magic word. "WAS" the biggest.

He's not even the biggest in his own sport anymore. I don't need to hear about an average Joe Golfer now who once was great but now has reduced himself to a has-been.

If the PGA was smart, they'd start promoting the younger guys while Tiger is still around. Otherwise, when Tiger bails, some of his fans win follow.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Morally many would disagree.

If I cheated on my wife, I would feel like I committed a crime.
About half the country is guilty of infidelity and why divorce rates in this country hover around 50%. Id argue many of those who haven’t committed adultry probably haven’t been tempted but that’s only an opinion.

In an era in athletics and sports where we have murderers, rapists, sexual abusers , domestic violence and drug abuse of all kinds being tolerated in society I find it very interesting we’d be so appalled with Infidelity which isn’t an unlawful act. But to each their own.

No, these attacks on Tigers morality is beginning to sound much more like an underlying agenda which Tiger has faced throughout his golfing career.

Everyone is entitled to cheer for or against whomever they choose but these reasoning or excuses is beginning to sound like justifying their bias. Like I said earlier. Hate who you want to but you don’t have to make excuses for it or hide your bias.

Since this was your thread and your a Mod who obviously can conduct themselves appropriately I decided to respond again but I won’t be taking the bait from any others here with their vitriol intent. Thanks

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, but that is a personal life issue. It shouldn't result in you losing your job or , god forbid, this sweet gig. I think, as a society , we have gotten way too involved in the personal lives of these celebrities.

It became a public thing very quickly... Partly due to his doing.

He did not lose his income making opportunity over it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, these attacks on Tigers morality is beginning to sound much more like an underlying agenda which Tiger has faced throughout his golfing career.

Yeah there is an underlying agenda with Tiger.

Many simply do not care for the guy.

Some of which is probably undeserved.

Some of which he created through his own personality quirks and mis-steps along the way.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It became a public thing very quickly... Partly due to his doing.

He did not lose his income making opportunity over it.

He lost dozens of sponsors including ATT, Gillette, and Gatoraide. That is lost income. Tiger is among the most private athletes in the world. He's not tweeting and posting his daily life on instagram.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He lost dozens of sponsors including ATT, Gillette, and Gatoraide. That is lost income. Tiger is among the most private athletes in the world. He's not tweeting and posting his daily life on instagram.

Sponsorships are entirely different.

The personal issues he had were the icing on the cake for many... Simply because they didn't like the guy.

Partly due to reasons that go beyond this board.

But partly due to his own personality and mannerisms.

Is that fair?

Doesn't matter. Life is what it is.

Some are liked for reasons that puzzle me and some are disliked for equally obtuse reasons.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sponsorships are entirely different.

The personal issues he had were the icing on the cake for many... Simply because they didn't like the guy.

Partly due to reasons that go beyond this board.

But partly due to his own personality and mannerisms.

Is that fair?

Doesn't matter. Life is what it is.

Some are liked for reasons that puzzle me and some are disliked for equally obtuse reasons.

I absolutely think many in the media were overzealous in their skewering b/c they didn't like him. So, in that way, perhaps his personality made him a bigger target and gave folks more motivation to dig. Where sports and the tabloids intersect is not something thats ever interested me. I don't care if Tiger banged 50 chicks a day.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I absolutely think many in the media were overzealous in their skewering b/c they didn't like him. So, in that way, perhaps his personality made him a bigger target and gave folks more motivation to dig. Where sports and the tabloids intersect is not something thats ever interested me. I don't care if Tiger banged 50 chicks a day.

And a lot of folks don't– And that's OK too.