2018 Draft Chatter

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
agreed.
OL drive grown men into the dirt.
what the hell is more "splashy" than that?

To think Jerry is going to sit there on draft night and say....ya know, any other year I would take this guy who is at the top of our board but the draft's here this year. I just can't do it. Let's go WR with the pick. I need flash.

A writer for the team should think better than that.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My gut feeling is they want to trade up to get R.Smith or D.James if they start to fall.
If not they sit tight and hope Ridley falls to them.

DiResta

Reaction score
To think Jerry is going to sit there on draft night and say....ya know, any other year I would take this guy who is at the top of our board but the draft's here this year. I just can't do it. Let's go WR with the pick. I need flash.

A writer for the team should think better than that.
firstly i do agree with you i think its stupid that JJ would do that for the sake of doing it plus imo Clarence can be an idiot

as someone else posted
JJ wouldnt trade up using his 2nd in this draft because its at AT&T stadium which i do believe carries a bit of weight. the exposure is worth $$$

not just directed at you but
it has me wondering how likely is it that Dallas would move back into the 2nd this year for a need like guard offense/defensive tackle lb or even safety
there should be some high percentage starters in the 2nd
if Dallas did move up for a very good player in the 1st i feel they would only do it with the intent of replacing that 2nd or 3rd pick

Reactions: BAT

Patrick

Reaction score
I don't think Jerry would do anything crazy just because the draft is in Arlington, but, we are in the spot just outside the true top guys and their are players at positions of need going in the top 12, so moving up could give Jerry his big splash and actually make sense for the team. Could be a significant move depending who they'd be going after.

Imagine us fans getting excited because they moved up with James/Vea/Smith on the board only to hear Ridley or LVE's name called because they thought they would be picked before #19 and really wanted them :laugh:

cnuball21

Reaction score
My gut feeling is they want to trade up to get R.Smith or D.James if they start to fall.
If not they sit tight and hope Ridley falls to them.

With Ros weaknesses being able to play through the trash and disengage blockers, where you playing him if we get him?

DiResta

Reaction score
Then what happens with Lee? Moving him back to the MIKE?

Good answer!!!
well Lee is a natural mike just like Kuechly the problem is injury and being a bit undersized
the answer is just my opinion ,Roquan at will could use his speed
Jaylon would backup Lee at mike i guess

CPanther95

Reaction score
If there was any motivation for Jerry to grab spotlight just for the sake of grabbing spotlight on draft night, that becomes less likely with the draft in Arlington - not more. If anything, playing host scratches that itch.

Having said that, it would still be idiotic to take an OG at #19. If you take 4 OL out of your last 8 #1 picks when you have so many holes on your defense, it's because you are more concerned about making the front office appear to be drafting better rather than truly making the team better. Anyone can consistently hit on their top draft picks if they are consistently drafting OL in the first round.

Jake0

Reaction score
I think Jerry cares more about catering to demographics moreso than grabbing some flashy skill position player. He'd make a move like taking Will Hernandez to appeal to the gigantic hispanic fanbase that is all over Texas. It'd pull in/further lock in a ton of El Paso fans for sure considering he went to UTEP.