2018 Draft Chatter

Sydla

Reaction score
I can't believe I have to actually rationalize why a team wouldn't want to add another 1st round pick salary to a DE position they are already paying a franchise tag player and a 1st round pick from last year.

You're just scared they are going to draft Arden Key.

rags747

Reaction score
How about a trade up for Derwin James, because I have a feeling that's in the cards. Real glad we beat Philly that last week. Really helped Garrett and screwed us
I said the same yesterday...It's Sickening that it was so freaking important for us to win an absolutely meaningless game 3-0 or was it 6? A faster Cam Chancelor...I'm down for that.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I can't believe I have to actually rationalize why a team wouldn't want to add another 1st round pick salary to a DE position they are already paying a franchise tag player and a 1st round pick from last year.

If we were in position to just draft excess, then you could justify taking an end in the first round, but we're not in that position. At safety, we have a UDFA and a couple of fifth-rounders, and none of them are surefire starters. At linebacker, we have an aging and injured second-round pick, a young second-round pick who's still working his way back from a devastating injury, a fourth-round pick and a special-teammer. Even tackle has less resources used on it than end.

Any end we add to this group will have to be a late-round pick that we hit on, and that's if we even draft an end.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
My old school ...........Go Brahma Bulls !!

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-south-florida

Pro Day - South Florida
Nichols_0.jpg

picture-1-1481123868.jpg

Tony Pauline
Draft Analyst Writer
I’m told twenty eight teams were on hand today for USF pro day including several defensive line coaches. Results are starting to come in.

Underrated cornerback Deatrick Nichols, who had a terrific week of practice for the Shrine Game, looked fantastic. I’m told he timed in the mid to low 4.3’s in the forty with several times reading 4.33s. He then looked outstanding in drills.

Nichols will be a steal on the last day of the draft as a dime back that can be used in zone coverage or backed off the line of scrimmage.

Safety, who has been struggling with a hamstring issue, timed the forty in the high 4.5’s.

Defensive lineman Deadrin Senat stood on his combine numbers and only participated in drills. The feeling leaving pro day is Senat won’t get out of the fourth round.

His teammate Bruce Hector timed the forty between 4.98s to 5.03s.

Unheralded defensive end Mike Love had a big pro day. The senior, who posted 11 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks last season, completed 24 reps on the bench press, touched 35 inches in the vertical jump and reached 10-feet-1-inch in the broad jump. He timed 4.76s in the forty and 7.05s in the 3 cone then looked good in both defensive line and linebacker drills.

Love met with the Washington Commanders, Indianapolis Colts as well as the Los Angeles Chargers, who really like him. He will be working out for the Tampa Bay Bucs this week.

Receiver Marquez Valdes-Scantling stood on his combine numbers but caught the ball well in drills. Scouts on hand were reasonably happy with the way Quinton Flowers threw the ball.

RS12

Reaction score
Splash?
At 19?
DJ Moore?
Ridley?
Davenport?
Hard to imagine Jerry not wanting to get his mug on TV early and often with the draft in Dallas. As far as OG, I think if Corbett was there in the 3rd they'd be happy. I know I would.