2018 Draft Chatter

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I know I am one of the few people who actually like Josh Allen. Kind of interesting he is visiting the Dolphins.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
I can. Over the (many) years of following the draft, pass-rushers, cb’s, and OT’s fly up everyone’s boards come draft day. That has been especially true since the advent of free agency. All three of those positions require a team to have two good players to be a strength, and almost no one can afford to have two good ones unless one is on a rookie contract.

In normal drafts there better OT’s and more high quality pass rushers. With that being said I can see a OT or go before we pick, but not one is worth a pick over James or Fitzpatrick, and I can see Landry gone before our pick.

I don’t see how either James or Fitzpatrick falling much past 10 if it all. You figure 4 qbs, Chubb, Nelson, Barkley, Edmunds, and you would figure those 2 are next in line.

cnuball21

Reaction score
In normal drafts there better OT’s and more high quality pass rushers. With that being said I can see a OT or go before we pick, but not one is worth a pick over James or Fitzpatrick, and I can see Landry gone before our pick.

I don’t see how either James or Fitzpatrick falling much past 10 if it all. You figure 4 qbs, Chubb, Nelson, Barkley, Edmunds, and you would figure those 2 are next in line.

IMO, I wouldn't be surprised to see the following going before us:

Darnold
Rosen
Mayfield
Allen
Barkley
McGlinchey
WIlliams
Nelson
RIdley
Another WR overdrafted
Chubb
Landry
Fitz
Ward
JAmes

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score

Darnold
Rosen
Mayfield
Allen
Barkley
McGlinchey
WIlliams
Nelson
RIdley
Another WR overdrafted
Chubb
Landry
Fitz
Ward
JAmes

Depending on the order if Fitz or James is there in the teens I see us moving up.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Depending on the order if Fitz or James is there in the teens I see us moving up.

I was going in no particular order, just saying who could go.

I also left out Smith and Edmunds who will be gone...

That's 17 dudes gone...Still on the board:

Vea
Hurst
Wynne
Daniels
LVE (please no)
Evans (please no)
J Jackson
DJ Moore (unless he's the surprised WR taken)
Sutton (unless he's the surprise WR taken)

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score

Vea
Hurst
Wynne
Daniels
LVE (please no)
Evans (please no)
J Jackson

I wouldn’t be surprised if Roquan is there at 19.

RS12

Reaction score

Darnold
Rosen
Mayfield
Allen
Barkley
McGlinchey
WIlliams
Nelson
RIdley
Another WR overdrafted
Chubb
Landry
Fitz
Ward
JAmes
I definitely see McGllinchey. O Line play in the league is terrible, the draft is weak at OT, and the temptation of a cheap rookie deal will be too much to pass up. He goes before 19.

RS12

Reaction score

Vea
Hurst
Wynne
Daniels
LVE (please no)
Evans (please no)
J Jackson
All is well then.

RandyOh

Reaction score

Vea
Hurst
Wynne
Daniels
LVE (please no)
Evans (please no)
J Jackson
It seems the entire league is enamored with LVE. I have a feeling he goes before our pick.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Joey Bosa

6'5" 269
Arm length: 33 3/8"

40: 4.85
3 cone: 6.88
BJ: 10'0"
VJ: 32"
20 yard shuttle: 4.21

Sam Hubbard

6'5" 270
Arm length: 33 1/8"

40: DNP (plays probably like a 4.8 guy)
3 cone: 6.84
BJ: 9'8"
VJ: 35"
20 yard shuttle: 4.32

What gets me is that people say Hubbard can't edge rush. "Oh, he's more of an effort guy than an athleticism guy", "6-8 sack player in the pros", "lacks explosive traits". I heard these exact same criticisms about Bosa coming out, heck, I voiced them myself. Not explosive, can't turn the corner, I was that guy.

Bosa's put up 23 sacks in 2 years in the pros, and he's done it with some pretty darn athletic edge rushing. Then people see literally his athletic spitting image this year and say that guy is a limited effort player. Maybe it's how Greg Schiano uses his ends at Ohio State and doesn't really show them off. I don't know. But I've seen some really intriguing moments with Hubbard showing some serious explosiveness and bend when he was allowed to pin his ears back, and I wonder if he is going to have a Bosa-esque "where did this guy come from" breakout in the pros. He's not a blue-chip prospect like Bosa was, but I'm not making the same bet against him again.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Joey Bosa

6'5" 269
Arm length: 33 3/8"

40: 4.85
3 cone: 6.88
BJ: 10'0"
VJ: 32"
20 yard shuttle: 4.21

Sam Hubbard

6'5" 270
Arm length: 33 1/8"

40: DNP (plays probably like a 4.8 guy)
3 cone: 6.84
BJ: 9'8"
VJ: 35"
20 yard shuttle: 4.32

What gets me is that people say Hubbard can't edge rush. "Oh, he's more of an effort guy than an athleticism guy", "6-8 sack player in the pros", "lacks explosive traits". I heard these exact same criticisms about Bosa coming out, heck, I voiced them myself. Not explosive, can't turn the corner, I was that guy.

Bosa's put up 23 sacks in 2 years in the pros, and he's done it with some pretty darn athletic edge rushing. Then people see literally his athletic spitting image this year and say that guy is a limited effort player. Maybe it's how Greg Schiano uses his ends at Ohio State and doesn't really show them off. I don't know. But I've seen some really intriguing moments with Hubbard showing some serious explosiveness and bend when he was allowed to pin his ears back, and I wonder if he is going to have a Bosa-esque "where did this guy come from" breakout in the pros. He's not a blue-chip prospect like Bosa was, but I'm not making the same bet against him again.

Surprised he's not getting more love. Top 5 in Power 5 Edge Defenders in pressures last year and led the Big 10 in run stops the year prior.

Like you said, he's not on the same planet as Bosa but a quality prospect none the least.

When do you think he goes? Early 2nd?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

If the reactions to this Tweet are any indication, there may be a riot on draft day if he is taken number one.