2018 Draft Chatter

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Poor draft at TE. The SC guy is worth a 2nd but he's not fast enough for me. Let's wait a year.

TE's is one of the least utilized positions in the college game, and there is a reason guys come out of nowhere at this position to become stars.

Ian Thomas' measurable's are in line with Travis Kelce, Tyler Eifert, Hunter Henry to name a few.

6'4 with a good build to his frame, 34 1/8 arm length, and 11 1/4 inch hands both the arm length and hand size match some of the top OT's in this class. His athleticism skills match guys named above mid 4.6 speed, mid 30's in the vert and around 10' on the broad.

Under utilized target at a school that is not a powerhouse this guy has a ton of potential and is a guy this team should take into consideration in the 3rd round, because he is Dak friendly, and will make defenses cover him for more then 5-10 yard pass plays.

IMO this guy would be a great get if utilized properly, but as we've seen time and time again we cannot bet on it. Someone is going to get a really good player in this guy if they know how to use him.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
TE's is one of the least utilized positions in the college game, and there is a reason guys come out of nowhere at this position to become stars.

Ian Thomas' measurable's are in line with Travis Kelce, Tyler Eifert, Hunter Henry to name a few.

6'4 with a good build to his frame, 34 1/8 arm length, and 11 1/4 inch hands both the arm length and hand size match some of the top OT's in this class. His athleticism skills match guys named above mid 4.6 speed, mid 30's in the vert and around 10' on the broad.

Under utilized target at a school that is not a powerhouse this guy has a ton of potential and is a guy this team should take into consideration in the 3rd round, because he is Dak friendly, and will make defenses cover him for more then 5-10 yard pass plays.

IMO this guy would be a great get if utilized properly, but as we've seen time and time again we cannot bet on it. Someone is going to get a really good player in this guy if they know how to use him.

I forgot about him. Yes, he's a good pick for a smaller TE. But he does have the wingspan. He needs to be used more as a receiver.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Combo TEs take so dang long to develop as it is, I hate to add a raw prospect to the mix.

The interesting thing is that these new breed of non-blocking TEs seem to pick up the game really quickly. Hunter Henry played right away for the Chargers. Evan Engram led the Giants in catches last year - I thought a 1st round TE was a stretch at the time, but they literally forced him to be their #1 receiver and he responded pretty well. Maybe we could get a guy like Mark Andrews and plug-and-play him like those guys.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Favorite value TE in the draft.

RS12

Reaction score
Listening to SD ESPN radio this afternoon doing their weekly segment with John Clayton. His comment in the Dez situation was that moving him opened the door for Earl Thomas. Said he thought 50 and something else would get it done. I think Clayton is based in Seattle and probably has good contacts there. All FWIW.

cowboyec

Reaction score
been feeling like our pick at 19 would be Calvin Ridley.
then I thought DaRon Payne.
After today....it just feels like its gonna be Ridley.
wishful thinkin probably.
gonna be a fun draft night.
this pick is WIDE OPEN.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Listening to SD ESPN radio this afternoon doing their weekly segment with John Clayton. His comment in the Dez situation was that moving him opened the door for Earl Thomas. Said he thought 50 and something else would get it done. I think Clayton is based in Seattle and probably has good contacts there. All FWIW.

50 and beasley