2018 Draft Chatter

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I just don't see it in Kirk...especially for our team being loaded at Slot WR.
Kirk compares to our slots (Beasley and Switzer) in size only. He's much more dynamic and more of a home run threat.

He's Reggie Bush/Percy Harvin where Beasley and Switzer are Wes Welker/Danny Amendola types.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Kirk compares to our slots (Beasley and Switzer) in size only. He's much more dynamic and more of a home run threat.

He's Reggie Bush/Percy Harvin where Beasley and Switzer are Wes Welker/Danny Amendola types.

I'm not talking about size comps, I'm talking about what I'm reading in scouting reports.

Not worth the 1st round selection for me let alone top 20.

Beaker42

Reaction score
But when you draft players you have to set up a board and draft players by round, based on their value and comparison to their peers for that specific year.

We did a great job in doing so they year we drafted Byron, as he has exceeded a lot of his peers that were selected in close proximity to where we got him.

After an up and down first few seasons, we got what appears to be an average NFL starter at the bottom of the 1st. If you have perspective and look big picture, that's actually pretty solid.
Maybe so, I expected more based on his tape and combine. I want James bad. Now THAT’S a safety.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I'm not talking about size comps, I'm talking about what I'm reading in scouting reports.

Not worth the 1st round selection for me let alone top 20.
I want more at 19 as well. He feels like a 2nd round pick.

I still think he might slip into the late 1st round.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
We all want every pick to be a stud, I hear ya.

Man James might be my top target in the draft, love what he could bring to our D.
Are we in agreeance that there is a very high chance that one of
Derwin
Wynn
Vea
Or Roquan

Will be at our pick, correct?

Off ball LBs dont go as high in the draft as most fans think.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Interesting, because of the player personally or the depth at IOL for the draft?

His tape is top notch, is it his traits?
I watched him play and thought he struggled with speed, athletic edge rushers. I realize he's being projected to move inside to Guard but I don't know if he's nasty enough. I think he'll be a good player but again, I want more at 19.
Is there a player you'd replace him with in that grouping?
Edmunds. Payne.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I watched him play and thought he struggled with speed, athletic edge rushers. I realize he's being projected to move inside to Guard but I don't know if he's nasty enough. I think he'll be a good player but again, I want more at 19.

Edmunds. Payne.
Gotcha.

Seems l'll be higher on Wynn, and you'll be higher on Payne.

I'll throw Edmunds on that list. I think one of them will be there at our pick.

cowboyec

Reaction score
dream board at 19....hope they are there but probably not.
°Quenton Nelson,G-Notre Dame
°Roquon Smith,LB-Georgia
°TreMaine Edmunds,LB-Va Tech
°Derwin James,S-Fsu
°Calvin Ridley,WR-Bama
°Vita Vea,NT-Washington
°Marcus Davenport,DE-Utsa
°DaRon Payne,NT-Bama

more realistic board
°Maurice Hurst,DT-Michigan
°Isaiah Wynn,G-Georgia
°Billy Price,G-Ohio St
°Will Hernandez,G-Utep
°Rashaan Evans,LB-Alabama
°Harold Landry,DE/LB-Boston College
°Ogbonnia Okoronkwo,LB-Ou

but we got a LONG way to go.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Are we in agreeance that there is a very high chance that one of
Derwin
Wynn
Vea
Or Roquan

Will be at our pick, correct?

Off ball LBs dont go as high in the draft as most fans think.

I agree about the off ball LB's but in pretty weak class at the top I think Smith, Edmunds, Derwin and Vea are all gone before we pick.

I've said it before, but not a fan of a G at 19.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I watched a little of Logan Woodside (QB). I like the idea of taking a QB often and hopefully keeping 3 on the roster. Can possibly swing a guy for a pick as well.

I thought this guy was pretty good. He needs work, but his % rate and YPA were both great, and he threw the ball all over the field. Solid intangibles (leadership stuff, etc)

Needs work, and maybe I don't know anything about him, but I wouldn't mind him as a late round pick.