2019 College Football Thread

DFWJC

Reaction score
No I did not. But nice try. Go pin that cr...p on someone else.

I did predict LSU would blow out OU.

If you would read my post you'd see that I simply asked you a question and did not imply anything.
I did not know the answer, so I asked. Simple as that
Didn't try to pin anything on you.
A yes or no answer would be fine without all the emotion

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
It was meaningless to the highly ranked teams who just missed the playoff. Big win for Texas though. We see this happen all the time in these meaningless bowls. Thats how Florida A&M beats iowa State. You think that game meant anything to Iowa St?

Georgia wasn't that good last year and got beat. They had as much to gain as Bama did when they beat GA in the SEC CG.
Utah wasn't that good this year and got beat. I wish they would have been. I'm sick to death of seeing the same 6 teams go to the top 4

UT is a woefully inconsistent, overrated team that has had injury concerns but also has a lot of talent on the field in those bowl games.
You can't crow about recruiting rankings than ignore all of UT's highly recruited classes. 3rd in 2018, 3rd in 2019. 9th for 2020 thus far.

The Big12 was trash all year. I didn't want OU in the CFB but they were easily the 4th best choice becaaue everyone else was so bad.
A lot of bad football was played this year across the board.
Maybe's the transfers or too many teams breaking in QBs but this was about as bad collectively as I have seen in an NCAAF season.
The only conference that impressed me was the Big 10.

The SEC still often plays a middle school late in the year and only 8 conference games. Gross.
Hopefully they standardize scheduling at some point in the near future and expand the playoffs to 8 teams.
Harder to cry those games won't matter.

Hardline

Reaction score
It was meaningless to the highly ranked teams who just missed the playoff. Big win for Texas though. We see this happen all the time in these meaningless bowls. Thats how Florida A&M beats iowa State. You think that game meant anything to Iowa St?
Did they show up to play?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did they show up to play?

As you may or may not realize, football is a game of emotion. The team more hyped for the game usually wins the game. That game was Florida A&M's super bowl and they played like it. If that game was played in October, totally different game.

Hardline

Reaction score
As you may or may not realize, football is a game of emotion. The team more hyped for the game usually wins the game. That game was Florida A&M's super bowl and they played like it. If that game was played in October, totally different game.
I played football.
I played every snap like it would be my last.
I suspect most every player plays that way or they have no business playing.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Minnesota has been a pleasure to watch all season.
up on Auburn 31-24 and driving again w/ 5 minutes left in the 4th.
Well coached team!

DFWJC

Reaction score

Did Auburn fans say they weren't interested?
If so, I'd call BS on that one.
Minnesota just came out on top

The games where I most see teams show up more uninterested than normal are when that team has fought all year to reach a goal (say, the Football Playoff Final 4 or maybe even just the G5 representative in the Big 6 bowls) but they just come up short.
Then they end up in a bowl game vs maybe a lessor known or lower ranked or even unranked team.

Time and time again you see those teams show up flat

But in Auburn's case this year, they ended the season on a high and were playing a fairly equal ranked opponent in a New Years Day Bowl.
They were certainly interested.

Maybe not 2 years ago vs UCF, but certainly this year.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
A lot of bad football was played this year across the board. The only conference that impressed me was the Big 10.
Good thing you had stated that after the first comment (across the board) or I would have. :laugh:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Did Auburn fans say they weren't interested?
If so, I'd call BS on that one.
Minnesota just came out on top

The games where I most see teams show up more uninterested than normal are when that team has fought all year to reach a goal (say, the Football Playoff Final 4 or maybe even just the G5 representative in the Big 6 bowls) but they just come up short.
Then they end up in a bowl game vs maybe a lessor known or lower ranked or even unranked team.

Time and time again you see those teams show up flat

But in Auburn's case this year, they ended the season on a high and were playing a fairly equal ranked opponent in a New Years Day Bowl.
They were certainly interested.

Maybe not 2 years ago vs UCF, but certainly this year.
More often than not it is coaching.
Was Bama not "let down"? Of course they were but Saban was chewing their butts hardcore all game.

Most competitors will go out and injure themselves playing versus their cousin in a tackle on grass game.
They want to win period.
Flat is generally a short-term, 1 quarter or half malaise.
Total lack of prep because the staff is getting fired or going Pro is very different.

Last year Georgia was simply overrated. UT with comparable talent on the field came in more prepared and won.
This year Utah simply didn't have as many horses.

For a lot of kids this Bowl game is the last game they will ever play in.
They aren't looking ahead to next year like fans or crying about a missed opp.

College football players and were polled and they overwhelmingly love Bowl games.
Its a trip of a lifetime for many of them. A week in a very cool town with their teammates than nationally televised game generally versus a comparable opponent.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Good thing you had stated that after the first comment (across the board) or I would have. :laugh:
I generally despise the Big 10 but they were hands down the best conference this football season.
Some very good coaching hires there have lifted the middle of that conference

They were the first 10 team, 9 game conference and it pulled them down badly.
They were very smart to adjust and add that Maryland and NY/NJ area for recruiting.
I mean look where Chase Young came from.

I am hoping the Big 12 gets smart and does the same. Go to 14 with Florida and Louisiana schools in tow.
A little less money for a couple years could pay off big in 2024 when the contracts are all up.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Lots of big special teams plays in the bowl games Ive watched this season.

I didn't realize teams were allowed to score on ST after watching JG's Cowboys the last 9 seasons.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I played football.
I played every snap like it would be my last.
I suspect most every player plays that way or they have no business playing.

So football is not a game of emotion and all teams are equally excited about every game.

Whatever dude.

cowboyec

Reaction score
wisconsin did everything they could to give this game back to oregon.
they did.
unreal.
great game tho.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Great win for the Ducks. Good physical game from both teams. Mario Cristobal is turning out be a great HC and recruiter.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How does Texas not win the Big 12 every year? OU and Baylor look like cream puffs.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Baylor is outmatched. They used smoke and mirrors this year in a weak conference to get to 11 wins. They can't hang with a top SEC team