2019 College Football Thread

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think a lot of the NFL offenses have pulled college ideas into their schemes.
Certainly to name a few, KC, Carolina, and Philly. But also just in general, a ton of teams run RPO at least occasionally now. At the very least, many spread it out in the passing game as well.

Again, there is no offensive dogma. RPO worked on a few teams briefly but NFL defenses caught up to it and most teams don't want to get their QB killed by running him. Sure it can work if you surprise a defense, but so can a flea flicker.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Florida State is 80-2 all-time when scoring 31 points at the half and since Bobby and Jimbo took over something ridiculous like 40-0 when having an 18 point lead in the second half. Willie Taggert has is the 2 in 80-2 against Miami last year and Boise State Saturday.

FSU is in for a few more meltdowns and will be dismantled by Clemson and Florida. He has been bringing in nice recruits but the team still plays sloppy still makes dumb mistakes and takes bad penalties.

It's going to be another long season in Tallahassee.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Hat's off to these P5 programs for scheduling a P5 opponent outside of conference this week. .

Texas AM at Clemson
LSU at Texas
West Virginia at Missouri
Nebraska vs Colorado
Syracuse at Maryland
Vandy at Purdue

I almost included the American conference as a "P6"--as they are kind of the bridge league between P5 and G5--but not quite. So I left them out.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Boise looks like they have a legitimate QB and he's a true freshman. Florida grasped defeat from the jaws of victory, but Boise's QB played a hell of game. Unlike previous Boise QBs who had to try to muscle everything, this guy has a respectable arm. He took some huge hits and kept his composure. He has no business being in he Mountain West. While he had offers from major programs, if he were 2 inches taller there wouldn't be a chance in hell that he's in Boise.

Yeah I was super impressed with his poise! He had some rookie mistakes, which is to be expected, but overall I was impressed. He came into Boise State highly touted. So far, so good!

Johnny23

Reaction score
Yeah I was super impressed with his poise! He had some rookie mistakes, which is to be expected, but overall I was impressed. He came into Boise State highly touted. So far, so good!
The kid is a stud. He shredded FSU's defense. He looks real good.

Hoofbite

Reaction score

The kid is a stud. He shredded FSU's defense. He looks real good.

Was talking to a friend of mine and I told him that Bachmeier has no business being in the Mountain West. Pretty crazy he turned down much larger programs for a chance to start. Their loss, and Boise's gain....for now at least.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Was talking to a friend of mine and I told him that Bachmeier has no business being in the Mountain West. Pretty crazy he turned down much larger programs for a chance to start. Their loss, and Boise's gain....for now at least.
Yeah Boise State has gained some traction in recruiting. I get what you're saying though. I wonder if he was thinking he had a better chance at starting with Boise than another program.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Absolutely, he is an Idaho boy. That probably helped he is by far the best recruit they have had. Highest ranked QB, he is fun to watch even though he shredded my team.

John813

Reaction score
Not sure what to expect from Collins in GT. I expect a few down years due to taking over from Paul Johnson.
Expected the Clemson beatdown.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Absolutely, he is an Idaho boy. That probably helped he is by far the best recruit they have had. Highest ranked QB, he is fun to watch even though he shredded my team.
Californian

But yeah.
4 star recruit and 6th ranked pro style QB coming out.
Tons of offers from P5 programs (UCLA, UW, WSU, Tenn, Ole Miss, etc) but liked BSU best anyway.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Maryland seems improved.

Also, curious tosee if Cincy can at all hanf with Buckeyes. Assume OSUwill eventually pull away, but the Bearcats aren't terrible.

DFWJC

Reaction score
People forget that Ohio State QB Justin Fields was considered as rare a prospect as Trevor Lawrence coming out of HS.

He may end up being the best QB to wver play at OSU.

Dude is special.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Kudos to Army.

For the 2nd year in a row, they take a top 10 team into OT on the road.
Last year at Oklahoma, this at Michigan.

Tough loses but very impressive

DFWJC

Reaction score
Assuming Aggies will give Clemson a decent game.
Jimbo Fisher knows them very well and has good talent at A&M
Clemsonlost 5 of 6 top defensive players so may need a few weeks to get rolling.

Tough place to actually win though

uvaballa

Reaction score
Assuming Aggies will give Clemson a decent game.
Jimbo Fisher knows them very well and has good talent at A&M
Clemsonlost 5 of 6 top defensive players so may need a few weeks to get rolling.

Tough place to actually win though
Game is about what I expected.