2019 Houston Astros Thread

kskboys

Reaction score
Awesome game goin' on here. Ultra tough pitching by both sides. Real barn burner.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Great win tonight...

Fully expect a gem from Cole tomorrow

After losing the first two at home, I expected us to fold. But now, we have a good chance to take it in 6. Cole and Verlander will be very motivated.

kskboys

Reaction score
And Scherzer really looked quite hittable last time he pitched against us. He's facing a different team this time!!!!

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Schertzer is out for tonight. Scratched due to some neck issue. Advantage Houston for sure.

kskboys

Reaction score
Man, we are finally hitting the dang ball!!!!!

I might be wrong, but I think we will hit Strassy tomorrow night.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Who wins this game depends on which feeling is more motivating - the Astros' knowing they can close it out and win the Series, or the Nats knowing they lose and its over.

I'm thinking the former, the latter feeling is motivating, but they may very well tend to push too hard, take chances. And from the looks on their faces last night, it may be their psyche is too damaged, and are resigned to their fate. Losing 3 straight at home, after taking the first two on the road, needing only 2 wins in 5 games, is tough.

Only wild card is it's Verlander on the mound, what, 0-6 in World Series games? Either he'll finally break through (my bet) or the misery will continue. He's set the record for consecutive WS losses to start games, pressure is off, all he can do if he fails is extend his own record, 0-7 vs 0-6 isn't much worse...

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I came by to eat my words... eat my post.

Credit to Astros. Big time salute!

No flippin way they lose.

Astros in 6.

Verlander is going to pitch EXTRA out of his mind.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am torn between wanting to close it out in 6 for the sure win and wanting a game 7 for the sheer joy of a 7 game series. It's been such a weird one, anything could happen if it goes to 7, I wouldn't underestimate the visiting club winning every game in this Series.

Verlander needs to show up for the big bucks, that is what they got him to do.

gmb1

Reaction score
Would surprise me if the Nationals win these last two games