News: 2019 NFL schedule rankings: Cowboys face rough ride, Eagles have easiest schedule in the NFC

CCBoy

Reaction score
2019 NFL schedule rankings, NFC East: Cowboys face rough ride, Eagles have easiest schedule in the NFC
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ride-eagles-have-easiest-schedule-in-the-nfc/

*(well worth the complete read)

It's been more than 20 years since the Dallas Cowboys have repeated as division champions in the NFC East, and although the drought could finally end this year, don't look for that to happen, and that's because the Cowboys have the most difficult schedule in the division, at least according to our NFL schedule rating.

According to our formula, the Cowboys should probably be worried about the Eagles, and that's because Philadelphia has the easiest schedule in the NFC this year. With the regular season still three months away, you might be wondering how we already know that the Eagles have the easiest schedule in the NFC, and that's because we went ahead and ranked all 32 schedules.

The easiest way to rank each schedule in the NFL is to use strength of schedule, but the problem with going that route is that it's not exactly the most efficient way to rate schedule difficulty, which is why we went ahead and devised a formula.

So how does this formula work? Glad you asked...

CCBoy

Reaction score
I hate this time of year.
OOPs sorry, I said I was on board with not using the hate word anymore,,, my bad.

Getting up for the actual start of a season, isn't an easy process for a fan. Many just hunker down and pout until cheering time just explodes on the scene.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Last year looked to be a tough schedule and it wasnt. You never really know.
Oh, this year is a tough one, alright. It will test this group of Cowboys. It also might prove the challenge that the Doctor ordered up.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wouldn't have it any other way. You only find out about yourself or your team when you are tested. I want to see them play the best at their best and none of this getting giddy if an opponent is wounded.

Want to have easier playoffs? Have a tough regular season schedule.

As Buddy Ryan once told Jimmy Johnson "there are no East Carolina States in the NFL".

mcmvp

Reaction score
We will know the schedule difficulty for each team at the time they play the games. You can never predict it simply by looking at the so-called ‘strength of schedule’. The only constant in the NFL is that every year brings new surprises. Teams that are supposed to suck, don’t...and vice versa

ItzKelz

Reaction score
No one knows at this point what teams are going to look like.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's all a matter of opinion at this point. I think the Cowboys playing in the NFC East alone gives them 6 wins in 2019. Seems there are so many out there hyping the Eagles but I just don't buy it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think they should wait until the regular season has played out before they determine a schedule is hard or easy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they should wait until the regular season has played out before they determine a schedule is hard or easy.
Why? They're already picking the pbers for this season.

Year round coverage means all of these stupid articles from people I've never heard of before offering their opinions, unsolicited.

I don't care about predictions because they are going to play the games to settle this.

The only fact I know about this is that no East team has repeated since 2004 when PHL did it. That's 14 years without a repeat winner; however, the Cowboys have won it 5 times in those 14 years. DAL 5, PHL 4, NY 3, WAS 2. If you go by which team's turn it is, that would be the NYG since they haven't won it since 2011 but I have a really hard time seeing that. However, those pesky Skins could sneak in there because when nobody's looking, that's when they show up.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
But there isn't some conspiracy? Why is it the Cowboys keep getting a harder schedule than the Eagles every year?