News: 2019 NFL schedule rankings: Cowboys face rough ride, Eagles have easiest schedule in the NFC

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wouldn't have it any other way. You only find out about yourself or your team when you are tested. I want to see them play the best at their best and none of this getting giddy if an opponent is wounded.

Want to have easier playoffs? Have a tough regular season schedule.

As Buddy Ryan once told Jimmy Johnson "there are no East Carolina States in the NFL".
Cream puff schedules can produce cream puff winners that wilt in the playoffs. Give me the tough schedule if we want a tough Cowboys team. It's the only way to get better and not have doubts.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As far as Washington goes, that would be difficult considering their QB issues. The rookie would have to play and play great for them to win the division.
Like the Cowboys' did? Don't know about him as a pro but he was a lot better college QB than Prescott.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We're a better constructed team. There's no reason to assume we won't take the division. Which is job 1. Win the division = playoffs.
I don't know if I agree with that, they have the better lines and Jordan Howard can be a handful and they have better coaching.

It all comes down to them keeping Wentz healthy, he's the key to their season. If they can do that, I would pick them to win the East this year.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Like the Cowboys' did? Don't know about him as a pro but he was a lot better college QB than Prescott.

I don’t know about a lot better, but regardless, it’s meaningless when it comes to playing in the NFL. Many QBs that set the world on fire in college have failed miserably in the NFL. Conversely, many that were somewhat overlooked went on to greatness (Brady, Montana, Romo, etc.). Maybe the rookie will be great, but the odds say it definitely won’t happen in year one.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I don't know if I agree with that, they have the better lines and Jordan Howard can be a handful and they have better coaching.

It all comes down to them keeping Wentz healthy, he's the key to their season. If they can do that, I would pick them to win the East this year.
Philly does NOT have a better Oline, and we’re closing the gap on them as far as Dline goes.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t know about a lot better, but regardless, it’s meaningless when it comes to playing in the NFL. Many QBs that set the world on fire in college have failed miserably in the NFL. Conversely, many that were somewhat overlooked went on to greatness (Brady, Montana, Romo, etc.). Maybe the rookie will be great, but the odds say it definitely won’t happen in year one.
What were the odds with a 4th round 3rd string backup in 2016?

Not saying it will happen but they've pulled this stuff before, like with GriffinIII. No one thought they'd win the East then either. They just have this knack for coming out of the dark.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
What were the odds with a 4th round 3rd string backup in 2016?

Not saying it will happen but they've pulled this stuff before, like with GriffinIII. No one thought they'd win the East then either. They just have this knack for coming out of the dark.

The Skins just aren’t talented enough to overtake both us and the Buzzards, barring crippling injuries to both teams. Of course that’s just my opinion. I think their passing game is going to be pretty bad, average at best.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
The Skins just aren’t talented enough to overtake both us and the Buzzards, barring crippling injuries to both teams. Of course that’s just my opinion. I think their passing game is going to be pretty bad, average at best.

They were last year but I dont see it this year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think they should wait until the regular season has played out before they determine a schedule is hard or easy.
This is a valid point. These predictions of tough schedules are purely based on last years results.

Unfortunately it doesn’t prevent these preseason analysis.

Reactions: G2

mmohican29

Reaction score
Wouldn't have it any other way. You only find out about yourself or your team when you are tested. I want to see them play the best at their best and none of this getting giddy if an opponent is wounded.

Want to have easier playoffs? Have a tough regular season schedule.

As Buddy Ryan once told Jimmy Johnson "there are no East Carolina States in the NFL".

Then, suddenly the Eagles became the NFL equivalent of East Carolina- to Johnson's Cowboys ot least.

Cattle_Rancher

Reaction score
I actually think the Eagles have a tougher schedule I think the Rams could fall off they finished that SB flat I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t even make the playoffs. I think the Seahawks and maybe 49ers could be better. Cowboys beat NO pretty easy last year and I think ATL could bounce back and be a playoff team this year.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Cream puff schedules can produce cream puff winners that wilt in the playoffs. Give me the tough schedule if we want a tough Cowboys team. It's the only way to get better and not have doubts.
Now that's a Cream puff of a post! :thumbup:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This is a valid point. These predictions of tough schedules are purely based on last years results.

Unfortunately it doesn’t prevent these preseason analysis.
Exactly. It's fun to guess I guess.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The entire difference between the DAL and PHI schedules is that we play NO and LAR, while they play ATL and SEA. If that's enough to separate hardest from easiest NFC schedules, then the spread can't be that great.

No, the difference is we get to play you twice and that’s determined as the easiest schedule. They call yours the hardest because you have to play us twice.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I actually think the Eagles have a tougher schedule I think the Rams could fall off they finished that SB flat I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t even make the playoffs. I think the Seahawks and maybe 49ers could be better. Cowboys beat NO pretty easy last year and I think ATL could bounce back and be a playoff team this year.

If the Dallas defense plays as it did against New Orleans, they can beat anyone this year.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
If the Dallas defense plays as it did against New Orleans, they can beat anyone this year.

And if you play as you did against Indianapolis, it’s gonna be another rough one.

You’re not defined by one single game, you’re defined by all of them.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Cowboys will miss playoffs this year. Can see the Eagles making a lot of noise.