News: 2019 NFL schedule rankings: Cowboys face rough ride, Eagles have easiest schedule in the NFC

HungryLion

Reaction score
The entire difference between the DAL and PHI schedules is that we play NO and LAR, while they play ATL and SEA. If that's enough to separate hardest from easiest NFC schedules, then the spread can't be that great.

I’ve been thinking the same thing

Yes NO and LAR are on paper, tougher draws. But the eagles have to play the Seahawks who were a playoff team last year and the falcons, who over the past 5 years have been one of the better teams in the league. They had a down year last year because they were absolutely decimated by injuries.

I have always thought the pre-season Strength of schedule has been overblown. Nobody knows.

Brees and Kamara could go down in the first two weeks of the season. Then all of a sudden NO isn’t nearly as tough.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Only thing I dont like about the schedule is the Cowboys dont ever get two games in a row at home. That's a lot of traveling. They do have some tough games but if you want to get to heaven you gotta raise a little h e l l.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Why? They're already picking the pbers for this season.

Year round coverage means all of these stupid articles from people I've never heard of before offering their opinions, unsolicited.

I don't care about predictions because they are going to play the games to settle this.

The only fact I know about this is that no East team has repeated since 2004 when PHL did it. That's 14 years without a repeat winner; however, the Cowboys have won it 5 times in those 14 years. DAL 5, PHL 4, NY 3, WAS 2. If you go by which team's turn it is, that would be the NYG since they haven't won it since 2011 but I have a really hard time seeing that. However, those pesky Skins could sneak in there because when nobody's looking, that's when they show up.
We're a better constructed team. There's no reason to assume we won't take the division. Which is job 1. Win the division = playoffs.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Only thing I dont like about the schedule is the Cowboys dont ever get two games in a row at home. That's a lot of traveling. They do have some tough games but if you want to get to heaven you gotta raise a little h e l l.
To me, non of that matters. The better team and the better prepared team will win. What matters more to me is what they do in the postseason.

Flamma

Reaction score
Too much with percentages and statistical outcomes. The reason most teams that start 0-3 don't make the playoffs is usually because they are not a very good team in the first place, it's not the actual 0-3 start that makes it unlikely to make the playoffs. It's rare that a good team starts off 0-3. Good teams will end where they belong, that is regardless of their start or their schedule. No way can anyone blame a schedule. If you go by last season the Cowboys have 7-8 games against good teams on their schedule. They'd have to lose most if not all of them to not make the playoffs. If they did that, can we really consider them a good team? Good teams will find a way to win most of their games regardless of schedule.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's always an undeniable challenge anytime your schedule is considerably tougher than that of your division competitors. Nevertheless, the Cowboys should be very competitively in the mix of the competition. In 2019, we'll find out if Wentz is able to withstand the rigors of NFL football. This is precisely what he's had trouble with up to this point in his career. Will we be able to contain DeSean Jackson, as well? Let's hope so.

We'll also see if the changes made by our offense (and defense) actually take root, just as we have all hoped they would. I'm encouraged that we've progressed on both sides of the ball, although, the challenge of a tough schedule is one that will demand error-free football to become a reality this season and beyond. Kindly join me in hoping (and praying) that our 2019 success comes to fruition. It will be an intriguing ride for sure. ;)

Last edited:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
But there isn't some conspiracy? Why is it the Cowboys keep getting a harder schedule than the Eagles every year?
Good question that's been asked since the McFlabb years. I can see the 'Boys schedule being tougher this year being they won the Division last season. But that sure hasn't been the case for decades. Any Egals fan will say it's not any easier than the Cowboys.

I like to see our 'Boys win the Division yet again. By doing so, they would become the first team in division to win back-to-back titles.
We'll see how easy the Eagles have it when Wentz is injured by week 4.
Roseman will be in tears. :laugh:

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Line up the haters and lets roll. Looking forward to the Boys asserting themselves as the top team in the division and making a postseason run.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
The entire difference between the DAL and PHI schedules is that we play NO and LAR, while they play ATL and SEA. If that's enough to separate hardest from easiest NFC schedules, then the spread can't be that great.

Yep and I’ve repeatedly posted that just because New Orleans and the Rams were the best teams in their respective divisions last year does not mean they will be this year. Either Seattle or Atlanta (or both) could be better and healthier this year. You never know. Generally around 5 teams that made the playoffs the previous year fail to make it the next. It’s a year to year league unless you’re New England and have three turds every year in your division.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Why? They're already picking the pbers for this season.

Year round coverage means all of these stupid articles from people I've never heard of before offering their opinions, unsolicited.

I don't care about predictions because they are going to play the games to settle this.

The only fact I know about this is that no East team has repeated since 2004 when PHL did it. That's 14 years without a repeat winner; however, the Cowboys have won it 5 times in those 14 years. DAL 5, PHL 4, NY 3, WAS 2. If you go by which team's turn it is, that would be the NYG since they haven't won it since 2011 but I have a really hard time seeing that. However, those pesky Skins could sneak in there because when nobody's looking, that's when they show up.

As far as Washington goes, that would be difficult considering their QB issues. The rookie would have to play and play great for them to win the division.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Whether you play the tougher teams at home or the easier ones also is a factor. For example, Seattle is much easier to beat on the road than at home. While New Orleans is a really tough matchup at home as well. Seattle travels to Philly. We have to go to New Orleans.