2019 Schedule

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cattle_Rancher, Feb 5, 2019.

1. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

3,580 Messages
    2,167 Likes Received

Haven't heard anything in that regard, but then as I said, don't give a rat's behind what the iggles do, we beat them twice last year and we can do it again!

2. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

29,102 Messages
    22,826 Likes Received
    First place schedule - put up or shut up.

Pantone282C, CCBoy, stasheroo and 2 others like this.
  3. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

55,317 Messages
    55,755 Likes Received
    What's the saying? Iron sharpens iron?

Personally, I'm liking the way things are shaping up.

Let's be tested this year. From top to bottom, from the head coach and front office, down to the last roster player.

Everyone should be on notice. Get it done this year or nobody is safe. No extensions, no guarantees, no excuses.

4. northerncowboynation

northerncowboynation Well-Known Member

7,926 Messages
    6,303 Likes Received
    Always hard to predict anything before FA, draft and freak injuries in camp. I think we're on the right track to compete with all of them. FA has so much impact with teams losing key players and trying to replace with others who come from a different team culture. There is a reason for parity in the NFL. When I look at the ultimate winner in 2018, the Patriots, I even see parity with the exception of 2 key spots...,. QB and HC. Truly amazing what Brady and Bellichick have accomplished in the FA era. We have a solid team, build on it

My thoughts, we know who our key in house FAs are and it all starts with decisions on them and maintaining/building team chemistry

5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

95,016 Messages
    20,682 Likes Received
    I agree and I like it. Tough schedule but I think to show you are a true contender you must show you are capable of beating the best teams in the league.

Bleedblue1111 and stasheroo like this.
  6. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

55,317 Messages
    55,755 Likes Received
    Exactly. Don't back your way in because your division is weak. Earn it. And let the head coach earn his extension, and the quarterback as well.

Earn your way, earn your pay.

Accountability!
    :thumbup:

Pantone282C and Doomsday101 like this.
  7. JustChip

JustChip Zone Supporter

2,619 Messages
    2,237 Likes Received
    It's a formidable schedule if you simply base it on this year's results. There is some carry-over from one year to the next, but there're also teams that regress (we may be one of them). Our first priority is to win the East and all teams play essentially the same schedule save 2 games. We get the Rams and Saints while Philly, which I believe is the competition for the Division, gets Seattle and Atlanta. IMO, Rams and Saints are only slightly more difficult collectively than the Eagles' Seahawks and Falcons. We can certainly win the Division, but I do think a 1st round bye is going to be tough to get even if we win the Division.

8. LACowboysFan1

3,580 Messages
    2,167 Likes Received
    The Pats have a patsy schedule most years, just due to their annually weak division, but it doesn't keep them from winning SBs. So yeah a tough schedule can prep you for the playoffs, but then again it can also get your team beat up and you have to play your entire playbook to beat folks, leaving nothing new to spring on playoff opponents.

Really to me you worry about building the best team you can, and to heck with who you play, just play the team you see...

9. northerncowboynation

7,926 Messages
    6,303 Likes Received
    IMO, throw out the previous year record, factor in FA and player changes, look at the teams who are headed in the right direction. NE always. The Rams and Bears in the NFC. The rest of the NFC is a bit of a mystery at this point. That includes Seattle and the Packers. The entire NFC east is a mystery today. Alex Smith may miss the entire season. Foles V Wentz has to be sorted out in Philly. The Giants appear to be going with Sheli again. The Cowboys, today on paper, look to be the most stable

LACowboysFan1 likes this.
  10. LACowboysFan1

3,580 Messages
    2,167 Likes Received
    Agreed.

Other than Atlanta, Saints have a weak division, they're sort of like NE, easy to win their division and get the 13-3 or 12-4 record. Same goes for the Rams, I think Seattle has peaked and is on the downslide, for example. Those two teams should have the byes again this year. Bears could also do that, they're like us, strong defense but not that great on offense, though Trubisky seems to be improving.

But again, build your team and don't worry about who you play....

11. camelboy

camelboy mgcowboy

3,763 Messages
    2,020 Likes Received
    We Will Beat The Patriots. You read it here first

:cool:

12. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

24,117 Messages
    16,047 Likes Received
    That’s how it’s shaping up. Seems like Dak, Garrett and Zeke are going to have to earn a new contract in a year where the schedule is tough,

Willfreedom909 likes this.
  13. LACowboysFan1

3,580 Messages
    2,167 Likes Received
    :thumbup:

14. northerncowboynation

7,926 Messages
    6,303 Likes Received
    The Saints are just 2 years removed from 3 consecutive 7-9 seasons. Brees is nearing the end and the team has to overcome a devastating blown call. Seattle had to overcome "the interception" too and it took a couple of years to overcome that bitter bitter taste. Not afraid of any schedule. It's just a schedule.

Fletch and LACowboysFan1 like this.
  15. LACowboysFan1

3,580 Messages
    2,167 Likes Received
    It's refreshing to see that, according to Spotrac.com, which is usually pretty accurate, that the Cowboys are above the league average in cap space!

northerncowboynation likes this.
  16. northerncowboynation

7,926 Messages
    6,303 Likes Received
    when the going get's tough.... ya da ya da ya da :)

Pantone282C likes this.
  17. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

11,608 Messages
    5,705 Likes Received
    1st place schedule so the 2 NFC opponents have to be 1st place teams

18. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

16,662 Messages
    11,308 Likes Received
    Now that’s sticking your neck out! 8-8

:clap: