2019 Schedule

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Exactly. Don't back your way in because your division is weak. Earn it. And let the head coach earn his extension, and the quarterback as well.

Earn your way, earn your pay.

Accountability!
:thumbup:

Fully agree with you, I think you test your team by facing top rated opponents and how the team responds to the challenge. I look forward to it.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Now that’s sticking your neck out! 8-8

:clap:

Due solely because I'm skeptical that Kellen's play calling will be accomplished without Garrett's fingerprints all over it. When Romo was asked if there might be significant change under the guidance of Moore and JG, he indicated it probably wouldn't be much different. I suspect he's very likely right.

Last edited:

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I would not be surprised if Saints and Rams underperform

I'm not surprised by anything Vision. I agree that the Rams play is trending up. It will be interesting to see who they draft now that they're bottom round draft feeders. Kupp coming back will help but I wasn't impressed by their WR's in the SB. Goff had a pretty average last quarter of season and playoffs too. Not super impressed by the Rams at all really. The Saints? Not far removed from 3 consecutive 7-9 seasons. IDK. It's gonna be an interesting off season, long but interesting. At least our temperatures have warmed up here or it would be a long cold off season

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
My only concern is that the NFL doesn't give us too many cold weather away games late in the season:

Away
Bears
Patriots
Jets
Giants
Eagles
Commanders

We have 6, so it's going to happen, just hoping that it's 3 or less down the stretch.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
My thoughts on the Rams? Instant karma! Blown call, shouldn't have been in the SB. That Karma bites man

Yoko couldn't sing a lick but she could knit :laugh:

Last edited:

Rajveer

Reaction score
Home and away with
Eagles
Giants
Commanders

Home
Packers
Vikings
Bills
Dolphins
Rams

Away
Bears
Lions
Patriots
Jets
Saints

Not doing any predictions just looking at who we play and some interesting matchups.

Both SB teams. The Saints who most believe should of been in SB. Bears another playoff team. Packers are always a hated team for me at least could be interesting I’m dating a Packers fan so that’s a must win game. Might open up Thursday night in NE. Probably looking at several SNF games. Lots of interesting Turkey Day games Packers or Rams would be my top choices.

What are your thoughts?
The only teams I see that can give us trouble are the Bills, Dolphins and Jets. The rest of them look pretty beatable especially the Rams and Patriots. I am sure we can score more than 13 points with our new stud OC calling the plays. That's my analysis and I am sticking to it. :flagwave:

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Due solely because I'm skeptical that Kellen's play calling will be accomplished without Garrett's fingerprints all over it. When Romo was asked if there might be significant change under the guidance of Moore and JG, he indicated it probably wouldn't be much different. I suspect he's very likely right.
Yeah, when I heard Romo mention, “not much change...,”
my heart sank a little. Can only hope Dak was right when he said that Kellen had the mind for it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s how it’s shaping up. Seems like Dak, Garrett and Zeke are going to have to earn a new contract in a year where the schedule is tough,

That's definitely the way I would approach it.

If things work out and the team has success in 2019? Great! Pay everyone! Lock them all up to contract extensions. After all, they would have earned it.

But, by the same token, if things don't work out, nobody should be extended, because nobody has earned it.

And, if you're making a big change at the top of your coaching ladder, you shouldn't be locked into long term contracts who might not fit with what your new coach wants to do. Therefore, it's best to retain that flexibility to make your decision one way or the other, without being unnecessarily tied to it before you have to.

I'm of the belief that Jerry Jones has a plan in place for 2020, and that plan includes Garrett getting an extension, Sean Payton, Lincoln Riley, and Kris Richard. I feel that one of those four people will be this team's head coach for 2020.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yeah, when I heard Romo mention, “not much change...,”
my heart sank a little. Can only hope Dak was right when he said that Kellen had the mind for it.

I hope KM has the mind for it, also. I'm mindful that it's popular at this time of the year for optimism to reign supreme. However, knowing how Jerry has such blind faith in Garrett to deliver the goods, I tend to think he'll allow JG to influence Moore's play calling to his heart's content. Of course, there may very well be others having a say in that as well. Hopefully, things will work out for the best, come what may -- time will tell. ;)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

If things work out and the team has success in 2019? Great! Pay everyone! Lock them all up to contract extensions. After all, they would have earned it.

But, by the same token, if things don't work out, nobody should be extended, because nobody has earned it.

And, if you're making a big change at the top of your coaching ladder, you shouldn't be locked into long term contracts who might not fit with what your new coach wants to do. Therefore, it's best to retain that flexibility to make your decision one way or the other, without being unnecessarily tied to it before you have to.

I'm of the belief that Jerry Jones has a plan in place for 2020, and that plan includes Garrett getting an extension, Sean Payton, Lincoln Riley, and Kris Richard. I feel that one of those four people will be this team's head coach for 2020.
Yeah I’m all for everyone earning

Im for it. Let them earn a new contract. You get your best football when people are playing for their money.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Home and away with
Eagles
Giants
Commanders

Home
Packers
Vikings
Bills
Dolphins
Rams

Away
Bears
Lions
Patriots
Jets
Saints

Not doing any predictions just looking at who we play and some interesting matchups.

Both SB teams. The Saints who most believe should of been in SB. Bears another playoff team. Packers are always a hated team for me at least could be interesting I’m dating a Packers fan so that’s a must win game. Might open up Thursday night in NE. Probably looking at several SNF games. Lots of interesting Turkey Day games Packers or Rams would be my top choices.

What are your thoughts?

May be Bills or Dolphins for the T-Day game. It will be CBS year for them to televise the game. Usually means an AFC team. Though now with the new agreement it could be an NFC team I guess.

Also the schedule may not be as tough as what it seems. As most fans will look at us sucking and every other team being better. It is how it works.
Last year, there were 7 new playoff teams from the year before. So chances are 4 to 6 teams last year will miss this next season.
And there are those that will say, Dallas could be one of them to miss. And I don't blame them. I need to see what happens in FA and the draft before I even think about if this team improves or not. Then we will need to see how the new OC / schemes will work even if it seems the roster has improved.

Can't see us at NE opening game. They will save that for a SNF game. Just my opinion.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I’m all for everyone earning

Im for it. Let them earn a new contract. You get your best football when people are playing for their money.

There are one or two contracts that I might extend this year, and those would be for Demarcus Lawrence and Amari Cooper.

Lawrence for obvious reasons, most of all that he's proven himself and earned it. Rewarding him would be setting the example of what continued hard work gets you. He would be your success story.

And for Cooper, I know that it has to be done, for two reasons. One, he's in the last year of his contract and you traded away a 1st round pick for him. You have to sign him to a long term deal based on what you gave up to acquire him. He and his agent have to be thrilled knowing that.

And second, he's also proven and also worth it. He's arguably a top 5 receiver in the league right now, super young, and the definition of an anti-diva receiver. If anything, the guy is exceedingly humble.

I don't see question marks with either of those two so I would work to get their new deals done to get some work off of your plate, and to help with forecasting and allocating money for the future.

And I don't think that any potential new coach would be upset by having either of those two locked in long term.

BenTramer

Reaction score
Dear Sweet 6 lb Baby Jesus,
Please make sure that we play Chicago in September or October; that is the away game I plan on attending (since away games are 10X better than home games).

SIncerely,
Ben Tramer

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
There are one or two contracts that I might extend this year, and those would be for Demarcus Lawrence and Amari Cooper.

Lawrence for obvious reasons, most of all that he's proven himself and earned it. Rewarding him would be setting the example of what continued hard work gets you. He would be your success story.

And for Cooper, I know that it has to be done, for two reasons. One, he's in the last year of his contract and you traded away a 1st round pick for him. You have to sign him to a long term deal based on what you gave up to acquire him. He and his agent have to be thrilled knowing that.

And second, he's also proven and also worth it. He's arguably a top 5 receiver in the league right now, super young, and the definition of an anti-diva receiver. If anything, the guy is exceedingly humble.

I don't see question marks with either of those two so I would work to get their new deals done to get some work off of your plate, and to help with forecasting and allocating money for the future.

And I don't think that any potential new coach would be upset by having either of those two locked in long term.
Yeah Lawrence and Cooper have to get new contracts this year so to me they are different.

JustChip

Reaction score
The Saints are just 2 years removed from 3 consecutive 7-9 seasons. Brees is nearing the end and the team has to overcome a devastating blown call. Seattle had to overcome "the interception" too and it took a couple of years to overcome that bitter bitter taste. Not afraid of any schedule. It's just a schedule.

At some point, age will overcome experience and skill for Brees. Manning lost arm strength pretty quickly and was a shell of himself the year Denver won the SB (thanks to the defense). Brees is a little different in that their offense isn't particularly vertical, but as we saw in Dallas and them against the Saints, his effectiveness can be limited. I think Atlanta and Carolina will be significant competition for the Saints to overcome, and Tampa will be a dark horse (depends TOTALLY on Winston).

I think Seattle will win that Division over the Rams. It's possible, not necessarily likely though, that the 49ers end up ahead of the Rams next year.

The key to our season is going to be getting off to a good start. I don't think we could pull another turnaround from 3-5. And the key to getting off to a good start is pre-season.

JustChip

Reaction score
Dear Sweet 6 lb Baby Jesus,
Please make sure that we play Chicago in September or October; that is the away game I plan on attending (since away games are 10X better than home games).

SIncerely,
Ben Tramer

What? You aren't pumped to be sitting in the stands in the single digits? I could see playing there in November, but the league has concentrated division games in the last 1/4 of the schedule so the probability is it wouldn't be in December.