2019 Schedule

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cattle_Rancher, Feb 5, 2019.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

32,675 Messages
    13,244 Likes Received
    If a Jerry owned team wants to earn real respect now, this is the schedule to do it...or it could say that he has been a talented person, but foolish with his own team.

Bring it own, I'm a fan and glad to see top play across the season. Tough it may be! Bring it on!!

northerncowboynation likes this.
  2. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

13,249 Messages
    10,530 Likes Received
    That's not at all an unreasonable view, so the question is what could happen that would allow the Cowboys to go beyond that. The hope for that would include (a) going 5-1 in the division, which will be tough to do, but I don't think is impossible, (b) avoiding the loss to the Vikes or Packers, and (c) winning one of those games against the Saints, Pats and Bears, which I think is very possible. Anywhere from 9-7 to 11-5 seems possible to me.

3. northerncowboynation

northerncowboynation Well-Known Member

7,926 Messages
    6,303 Likes Received
    For you newbie.....:lmao::laugh:

4. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Well-Known Member

1,859 Messages
    574 Likes Received
    Cowboys vs Pats week 1 book it. NBC will say that they haven't had those teams play against each other since NBC took over Sunday night.

5. LACowboysFan1

LACowboysFan1 Well-Known Member

3,580 Messages
    2,167 Likes Received
    If Tampa makes the playoffs then they could knock out Atlanta or Green Bay, etc. But I was talking about the Saints getting a bye, even if the bucs make the playoffs it doesn't mean they will be 12-4 or such and get the bye..

visionary likes this.
  6. jwooten15

jwooten15 Well-Known Member

4,823 Messages
    11,485 Likes Received
    It's an "odd year" next season, so in spirit of the Garrett-trend, we'll probably win 4 or 5 games

7. silvrNblue

silvrNblue Well-Known Member

1,533 Messages
    1,143 Likes Received
    Only 2 wins I give a hoot about is beating the slack out of the football god Rodgers and that smug mugged Rams team... we OWE both of them a good ole fashioned butt whuppn. The other games will take care of themselves, but it should be an interesting season....let's all hope JJ's newest alter boy is better then the vanillahan queen of the past, and that they address our needs in the draft.

8. BenTramer

BenTramer Benched

35 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Huh? I have season tickets. I've been to like 30 home games. Also, I'm no newbie. ;)

9. BenTramer

BenTramer Benched

35 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    I hope you're right, bud! As a Dallas kid, I CANNOT do cold weather.

Techsass and JustChip like this.
  10. Insomniac

Insomniac Active Member

157 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    Nah they'll save that game for mid October or early November. KC @NE will probably get a SNF game too. The other possible opening games are Steelers, Browns or Giants. (unless you think there's a chance they schedule a AFCE opponent)

11. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

16,860 Messages
    14,826 Likes Received
    A lot of their players like Peters, Talib and suh were rentals

northerncowboynation likes this.
  12. northerncowboynation

7,926 Messages
    6,303 Likes Received
    yeah, not sure if that's a good or bad thing. First of all they have to fit in with the team and not be disruptive rentals. I've had enough of bad boi's. I'm always amazed at how the Patriots seem to bring in average or slightly above average players and make them more then let them go and they revert back to average or less. Sometimes it's a real short term rental too. It's do it our way or the highway. I'd rather build through the draft. You?

13. northerncowboynation

7,926 Messages
    6,303 Likes Received
    But with 3 posts that makes you a newbie on here. Welcome

14. JustChip

JustChip Zone Supporter

2,619 Messages
    2,237 Likes Received
    Me either. Native Texan that never acclimated to the oppressive heat and always loved the cold. But that changed about 5 years ago as age got me. Give me August and 103 vs 35 anytime now.

Techsass likes this.
  15. DHCBF66

DHCBF66 Well-Known Member

1,062 Messages
    1,315 Likes Received
    I Finally get to go see my Cowboys play.....

JustChip and KingintheNorth like this.
  16. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

11,099 Messages
    4,509 Likes Received
    I love it, everything is shaping up for this to be Garrett's final season. That schedule is brutal!

Melonfeud and cowboyblue22 like this.
  17. CowboysWillRise

CowboysWillRise Well-Known Member

8,384 Messages
    11,987 Likes Received
    Since I NAILED IT last year, Ill be repeating again this following year. 12-4 BOOM!

Melonfeud likes this.
  18. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

16,558 Messages
    27,635 Likes Received
    Well, from the stats department comes this.

From 2018, the Cowboys will face 4 of the top 10 scoring offenses: LAR(2), NO(3), NE(4) and CHI(9).
    The Cowboys will face 3 of the top 10 scoring defenses: CHI(1), NE (7) and MN(9).

Dak Prescott will face 6 of the top 10 sacking teams: CHI(50), MN(50), NO(49), WAS(46), GB(44) and PHL(44),

Other than that, every off season we try to figure the strength of schedule and it's seldom accurate until we get to see how these teams are performing.

However, if I was a betting man, I would guesstimate 4-2 in the division, 2 losses at home to GB and LAR and 3 road losses to CHI, NE and NO. 9-7

gmoney112 likes this.
  19. Romo_To_Dez

Romo_To_Dez Well-Known Member

8,472 Messages
    5,999 Likes Received
    If we make the playoffs next season, then no one can say that it's only because of the NFC East being the "worst division." Because that's a tough schedule. Especially the Patriots and Saints on the road.

20. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

20,032 Messages
    4,006 Likes Received
    Only two games are first place games so the whole "first place schedule" argument is bogus.

JustChip likes this.