Twitter: 2021 salary cap set at 182.5 million

Creeper

Reaction score
The good news is that is $2.5 million more than what was projected. But I have to admit, I thought they would make it higher through some agreement with the NFLPA and the owners. The the contract restructures begin!

Winonesoon

Reaction score
The league is becoming much more about this side than coaching. I don't care how good a coach you have Jameill Showers is just not going to be an all pro.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't do conspiracies, but man it always seems like the NFL announces things like this right after Dallas makes some sort of move.
It probably has something to do with Jerry being in on a lot of these meetings....the timing isn't probably coincidental its probably Jerry trying to get in front of the announcement.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We should see some good quality free agents for cheap........excellent time to bargain shop
I don't know if you're being sarcastic but it honestly is. If you are a bargain shopper and the economy is down(salary cap)....if you do it right, you can come out of this with some gems.

Bullet22

Reaction score
Will be a lot of good players who will not be employed....the draft is more important than ever..

Sydla

Reaction score
In theory given the situations facing teams, there could be some cheap-ish, one year deals out there for some good players.

That would excite me if we had a GM/owner who knew how to work FA properly.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't know if you're being sarcastic but it honestly is. If you are a bargain shopper and the economy is down(salary cap)....if you do it right, you can come out of this with some gems.

The problem is this franchise hasn't "done it right" for years. Their FA hit rate is pretty shoddy. They've had a few successes (Cobb was one, Quinn was a trade) and a lot of dogs (I can't bring myself to list all of them, it's sad).

Maybe with Quinn being here the mindset, at least on defense in free agency, will change. I think the front office gave too much latitude to Marinelli when it came FA options. Marinelli was the guy who pushed for total dogs like Carroll, Paea, etc.

Creeper

Reaction score
That $2.5 million is roughly all that the Cowboys have in current cap space.

No free agency for us this year.

Actually, with a rookie pool needed of about $7.5 million, they still need to come up with $5 million to get under the CAP.