2022 college football season

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The first top five matchup occurred in week one, conveniently for the networks televising games.

Ohio State, trying to replace top NFL picks Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson, hosted #5 Notre Dame. OSU's lone returning experienced WR, Rose Bowl MVP Jaxson Smith-Njigba, was injured in the first quarter.

Notre Dame's defense, led by former Ohio State star Marcus Freeman as head coach, clamped down and held a 10-7 lead at halftime. The Buckeyes fought back in the second half. Their defense, the liability that ruined their playoff chances last season, shut out the Irish in the second half thanks to new DC Jim Knowles.

Final score: #2 Ohio State 21, #5 Notre Dame 10.

Frankly, and I don't enjoy saying this, Georgia and Alabama are the two best teams until proven otherwise. But in the meantime, I'm enjoying my Buckeyes beating Notre Dame again. The Domers haven't beaten the Buckeyes since 1936.

terra

Reaction score
The first top five matchup occurred in week one, conveniently for the networks televising games.

Ohio State, trying to replace top NFL picks Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson, hosted #5 Notre Dame. OSU's lone returning experienced WR, Rose Bowl MVP Jaxson Smith-Njigba, was injured in the first quarter.

Notre Dame's defense, led by former Ohio State star Marcus Freeman as head coach, clamped down and held a 10-7 lead at halftime. The Buckeyes fought back in the second half. Their defense, the liability that ruined their playoff chances last season, shut out the Irish in the second half thanks to new DC Jim Knowles.

Final score: #2 Ohio State 21, #5 Notre Dame 10.

Frankly, and I don't enjoy saying this, Georgia and Alabama are the two best teams until proven otherwise. But in the meantime, I'm enjoying my Buckeyes beating Notre Dame again. The Domers haven't beaten the Buckeyes since 1936.
well only played you guys maybe half a dozen times in 80 years so that is nothing to brag about since Woody Hayes and pretty much all the rest of the so called Buckeyes continually refused to agree to any regular season games. This is the first regular season game against the Buckeyes in how long?
ND was starting a new QB with very limited experience so what was Strouds excuse for being contained? We have a brand new HC who is having to learn on the job and you guys supposedly have a top veteran coach
I see how you had your excuses all lined up

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Hogs took care of business against a mistake ridden Cincinnati but that Hogs secondary is awful. They're in a for a rough ride in the SEC and will have to depend on the offense.

All in all, the SEC teams had a pretty good Saturday. 11-0 with LSU playing the Noles tonight. UGA's D lost a lot of players to the NFL but they found some more. Damn, the rich get richer with recruiting.

terra

Reaction score
The Hogs took care of business against a mistake ridden Cincinnati but that Hogs secondary is awful. They're in a for a rough ride in the SEC and will have to depend on the offense.

All in all, the SEC teams had a pretty good Saturday. 11-0 with LSU playing the Noles tonight. UGA's D lost a lot of players to the NFL but they found some more. Damn, the rich get richer with recruiting.
The Georgia D recruiting is the best there is; no doubt about it.

Sydla

Reaction score
well only played you guys maybe half a dozen times in 80 years so that is nothing to brag about since Woody Hayes and pretty much all the rest of the so called Buckeyes continually refused to agree to any regular season games. This is the first regular season game against the Buckeyes in how long?
ND was starting a new QB with very limited experience so what was Strouds excuse for being contained? We have a brand new HC who is having to learn on the job and you guys supposedly have a top veteran coach

ND has an OL problem. If they had an OL, they could have won last night. Correll, the center, was a real liability last night. Not having Patterson who is out with an injury was a big blow.

Hardline

Reaction score
Texas vs Alabama next Saturday.
Let's all hope for an upset.

terra

Reaction score
ND has an OL problem. If they had an OL, they could have won last night. Correll, the center, was a real liability last night. Not having Patterson who is out with an injury was a big blow.
Last year the O line stank it up early in the season; got better and was pretty good by the end
Same problem this year between graduation and injury. Just bad luck we had OSU first game. IT is what it is.

uvaballa

Reaction score

11-1 now

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
LSU drives 99 yards in 65 seconds, only needing an extra point to send the game to overtime. Brutal. :laugh:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
(1)well only played you guys maybe half a dozen times in 80 years so that is nothing to brag about since Woody Hayes and pretty much all the rest of the so called Buckeyes continually refused to agree to any regular season games. (2)This is the first regular season game against the Buckeyes in how long? (3)ND was starting a new QB with very limited experience so what was Strouds excuse for being contained? (4)We have a brand new HC who is having to learn on the job and you guys supposedly have a top veteran coach

My alma mater won, so no "excuses" are necessary for me. You seem to have a number of them, though. :muttley:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
If Texas knocks off Alabama that would be arguably the upset of the century.

Yeah, nah. Double-digit underdog Ohio State ending Miami's 34 game winning streak to win the national championship beats any game played in September.

Sydla

Reaction score
LSU drives 99 yards in 65 seconds, only needing an extra point to send the game to overtime. Brutal. :laugh:

As a ND fan, that game was quintessential big game Brian Kelly. Bad special teams. Inconsistent red zone offense. Dumb penalties. Bizarre timeout usage.

LOL FSU goes for 4th and goal and doesn’t get it. Change of possession and LSU’s offense comes on field. They have to burn a timeout before even running one play. How does that even happen? Who knows but it happened quite a bit at ND.

Kelly will win games given the talent, but LSU fans better be prepared for a lot of frustration in big games.

terra

Reaction score
My alma mater won, so no "excuses" are necessary for me. You seem to have a number of them, though. :muttley:

Ducking us when we were on top means Buckeyes are front runners and nothing else. Had any luck against Alabama and company lately for all your boasts?

joseephuss

Reaction score
As a ND fan, that game was quintessential big game Brian Kelly. Bad special teams. Inconsistent red zone offense. Dumb penalties. Bizarre timeout usage.

LOL FSU goes for 4th and goal and doesn’t get it. Change of possession and LSU’s offense comes on field. They have to burn a timeout before even running one play. How does that even happen? Who knows but it happened quite a bit at ND.

Kelly will win games given the talent, but LSU fans better be prepared for a lot of frustration in big games.

I agree with all that you said. Those are the reasons I didn't see him being a good NFL head coach.

Hardline

Reaction score
Alabama gets away with 2 blatant pass interference penalties