2022 college football season

terra

Reaction score
Well Notre Dame last hired a coach with No college Head Coach experience in Gerry Faust. Beginning to look like another big mistake.
Went with the media darling and look what they got.
A team that played OSU hard for all four quarters loses to Marshal? That is coaching right there.

DFWJC

Reaction score
App State had North Carolina on the ropes last week, but lost the shootout 63-61.
It was an upset in College Station, but not really THAT big of an upset.

Many thought the Aggies were way overrated and a year a way from being what some thought they were.
Early season rankings don't mean crap.

Maybe not even the biggest upset today, imo.

Marshall beat Notre Dame, for example.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Well Notre Dame last hired a coach with No college Head Coach experience in Gerry Faust. Beginning to look like another big mistake.
Went with the media darling and look what they got.
A team that played OSU hard for all four quarters loses to Marshal? That is coaching right there.

ND’s AD should be fired. The Freeman hire was awful. Guy was a DC for 1 year. No way did he earn that ND job. The OSU game was all you needed to see.

RonWashington

Reaction score
How did Texas stay with Bama . Saban losing his touch or what . And Young as an NFL QB hmmm I don’t know about that .

Much like this is a prove year for Tua . And Jones in NE let’s see Act 2 .

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Great college Saturday.
SEC came back to earth after elite week 1 with some ugly performances.
ACC seemed to really shine this week.
Mixed bag for most conferences.

Bama is definitely not the top team int he country and are no where near as good as Georgia.

USC appears to be the class of the PAC12 now that they have a coach.
Not a good conf though for sure.
Florida's ugly home showing vs Kentucky makes that Utah loss look pretty bad.

The Aggies are the most underachieving team over the last 50 years of college football. It is just insane. As bad as UT gets overrated yearly at least they did win a title in that period.

STOP rewarding team rankings based off recruiting classes. Should be no rankings at all til week 3.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
How did Texas stay with Bama . Saban losing his touch or what . And Young as an NFL QB hmmm I don’t know about that .

Bama has lost all its receiving talent and are relying on freshmen.
Really surprised they didn't target a guy in the portal like Addison.
Bama will figure it out but they aren't the best team in the country.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
App State had North Carolina on the ropes last week, but lost the shootout 63-61.
It was an upset in College Station, but not really THAT big of an upset.

Many thought the Aggies were way overrated and a year a way from being what some thought they were.
Early season rankings don't mean crap.

Maybe not even the biggest upset today, imo.

Marshall beat Notre Dame, for example.
UNC is a mediocre to bad football team who has eeked by two non conf foes in a row. They have no defense at all.

TAMU has insane amounts of talent on that team but could not move the ball for jack on a team UNC put 60+ on.

TAMU didn't just lose that game they were bullied all day. App state ran the ball and pushed it at TAMU. TAMU ran like 2 plays in App state territory all game.

Notre Dame was a fraud too. Neither ND nor TAMU have a QB situation or offense figured out.
They could def meet up in a bowl of overrateds to see who wins 3-0.
Because the pre-season rankings and name brands they may steal back into the top 25 but they sure don't deserve it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
UNC is a mediocre to bad football team who has eeked by two non conf foes in a row. They have no defense at all.

TAMU has insane amounts of talent on that team but could not move the ball for jack on a team UNC put 60+ on.

TAMU didn't just lose that game they were bullied all day. App state ran the ball and pushed it at TAMU. TAMU ran like 2 plays in App state territory all game.

Notre Dame was a fraud too. Neither ND nor TAMU have a QB situation or offense figured out.
Because the pre-season rankings and name brands they may steal back into the top 25 but they sure don't deserve it.
Yeah, preseason rankings can be silly

joseephuss

Reaction score
I was surprised Frost wasn't fired in the off season. That program may never make a comeback.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Bama does not have any WRs or Rbs or OL that look like 2023 first round picks. Thats a rarity. This is the weakest wr core they've had in 10 years and the worst OL I've seen in Sabans tenure. They can be beaten and probably should have been Saturday.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
My Appalachian State Mountaineers are a story line for the third straight week.

Unbelievable Hail Mary to win against a very competitive conference opponent.

It's great to be a Mountaineer!

terra

Reaction score
My Appalachian State Mountaineers are a story line for the third straight week.

Unbelievable Hail Mary to win against a very competitive conference opponent.

It's great to be a Mountaineer!
That was up there with the original Hail Mary by Roger.

terra

Reaction score

Yawn.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Weekly reminder that college kids (I guess adults too) can have letdowns.

I'm sure these teams will rally but

• Maryland is beating #4 Michigan 13-10 in the 2nd
  • Kent is only losing to Georgia 10-12 halfway thru the 2nd qtr...lol. That will be a blowout eventually, but still....can't believe they scored 10 already on that defense.
  • Central Michigan is tied 14-14 AT Penn St

:laugh:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not that ya'll care, but fwiw, my schools have fun games today

3-0 UNC hosts Notre Dame
2-1 ECU Hosts Navy

what about your teams?

Here are a few other teams that my family members attended and pull for
Ohio St
Clemson
Texas