2023 Cap Hits: Brock Purdy 1M, Jordan Love 4M, Dak Prescott 27M

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Agreed. No argument there.

Dak NEEDS to accept a contract extension of between $35 - $40 mil/year and give the team a good discount so we can keep the main pieces in place while able to keep building the team.
You know he's not going to do that, right?

This man buys Louis Vuitton bags and tries to say he does it because the LV keeps his mind on the Super Bowl.

Dak is as Hollywood as they come and he and his agent are going to get every single penny they can get.

Brooksey

Reaction score

Dak NEEDS to accept a contract extension of between $35 - $40 mil/year and give the team a good discount so we can keep the main pieces in place while able to keep building the team.
I don't think he'll take the team friendly deal and I'm not sold that he'll overcome the playoff anxiety if he does.

If we could sign Dak at 35M and get regular season Dak in the playoffs, I'm in

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't think he'll take the team friendly deal and I'm not sold that he'll overcome the playoff anxiety if he does.

If we could sign Dak at 35M and get regular season Dak in the playoffs, I'm in
If Dak gets greedy once again, Jerry needs to make him a post June 1st cut! Dak needs to give the team a discount if he wants to remain a Dallas Cowboy.

starfan1

Reaction score

I agree but it isn’t happening he’ll bend Jerry over

kevm3

Reaction score
Well it’s because we have Stephen doing the negotiations. We know he sucks at it. We could have had Dak at 28 million and they stalled.
Pretty much. Stephen had a couple of people to do 'prove it' deals and when they proved it and the team had no viable options to replace them with, they had to pay out a record contract. Wentz and Goff were getting in the low 30s, so we could have easily extended Dak for that amount at that time.

kevm3

Reaction score
If Dak gets greedy once again, Jerry needs to make him a post June 1st cut! Dak needs to give the team a discount if he wants to remain a Dallas Cowboy.
He needs to give them a discount for what? So Stephen can pocket the money? We didn't do anything when Dak was on the rookie contract, nor did we go all in during Dak's whole stay here. I don't think any major player is giving Jerry and the boys a discount because they haven't shown to be good stewards of the money. Dak should make a demand that he'll give the team a discount if they hire an actual GM.

Brooksey

Reaction score
He needs to give them a discount for what? So Stephen can pocket the money? We didn't do anything when Dak was on the rookie contract, nor did we go all in during Dak's whole stay here. I don't think any major player is giving Jerry and the boys a discount because they haven't shown to be good stewards of the money. Dak should make a demand that he'll give the team a discount if they hire an actual GM.
A discount for his playoff performance or if he wants a chance at a title.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Meh….Mahomes and Allen are still playing today and their contracts are way more than Dak’s.
So you're saying we are not paying dak enough? If we pay him more we will go farther in the playoffs?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

If he doesn't, then what? June 1st cut?

Ken

Reaction score
2024 Update: Purdy 800k, Love 12M, Dak 59M

Dallas:
Dak Prescott would have had to be significantly better than both Purdy and Love in the playoffs, he was less than both.
We needed a healthy Stephon Gillmore (or Diggs) to play man coverage with Bland, instead injury forced Quinn into playing zone, a disaster. We needed a healthy LVE
to have a chance at stopping the run, instead we had safeties playing LB and got blown off the ball against the run.

SF: The extra QB money allows SF to field a better overall roster and the best in the NFL
For example, the extra 26M pays for cap hits on Nick Bosa 11M, Fred Warner 9M and Dre Greenlaw 5M

GB: With Jordan Love at 4M, the three WR's on rookie contracts (Watson, Doubs, Reed) they played WAY above their pay grade.
GB is young, talented and have great coaching. They're a very dangerous team until Love wants 50M, the Wr's and DB's want 20M each

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/cap/2023/
All 3 teams left in the afc have Mega contracts at QB.

kevm3

Reaction score
A discount for his playoff performance or if he wants a chance at a title.
There's zero chance at a title here because the owner and son won't hire a GM.
If Dak wants a title, he should go to another organization.

You come to the Cowboys to get paid, be in front of the cameras and have low accountability, not to win.

You give a discount to a prime Patriots or Steelers, not a Cowboys who hasn't gotten past the 2nd round in 27+ years.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
In other words, unless you think Trey Lance is a hidden talent waiting to explode, we don't have the next wave of great young QBs on our Team.

Dak and his Bros handing it off to Brock Purdy, Jordan Love, CJ Stroud, Tua, Burrow, et al

We're still in line waiting for a Championship. Dak trying to jump higher than Mahomes, Lamar, Goff, Stafford, and his fellow $40-$80 million brotherhood.

Ken

Reaction score

I think 35-40 will be low and not happen.

If he did it, that would certainly take a lot of heat off of him. I think there are ways to construct the deal where it appears he got mega bucks but also it is max flexibility for the team.

We will see...

If he comes in and is looking to break the bank and wont budge like he did last time...i think that is when the contingency plan kicks in (lance) and they look to trade him. Likely after June 1st...

Aven8

Reaction score
So you're saying we are not paying dak enough? If we pay him more we will go farther in the playoffs?
No I’m saying you can still build a team when paying QB’s.

Ken

Reaction score
There's zero chance at a title here because the owner and son won't hire a GM.
If Dak wants a title, he should go to another organization.

You come to the Cowboys to get paid, be in front of the cameras and have low accountability, not to win.

You give a discount to a prime Patriots or Steelers, not a Cowboys who hasn't gotten past the 2nd round in 27+ years.
I think it is a neat sound byte saying to say we don't win because of the Jones'.

They have changed quite a bit and it truly operates in a collaborative and team oriented approach to roster building. McClay is essentially the GM.

This works for them but they have had some obvious hang ups. The over belief in their guys...it has paid off in some cases and really hurt us in other cases.

The talent on the roster indicates this approach works they have to get better at their weak spots...