2023 Cap Hits: Brock Purdy 1M, Jordan Love 4M, Dak Prescott 27M

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Can we trade Dak for russel Wilson? I bet both would love a change of scenery.

1942willys

Reaction score
I think 35-40 will be low and not happen.

If he did it, that would certainly take a lot of heat off of him. I think there are ways to construct the deal where it appears he got mega bucks but also it is max flexibility for the team.

We will see...

If he comes in and is looking to break the bank and wont budge like he did last time...i think that is when the contingency plan kicks in (lance) and they look to trade him. Likely after June 1st...
This is where he needs to ignore his brother and everyone else bleating about money

Dak already has all the money he needs for the rest of his life
What he SHOULD do is say to Jerry
"I will take less than my market value if you use that money to go out and get FA's that will get us over the hump"

1942willys

Reaction score
None of their defenses choked and tapped out was the bigger key.
60% D and 40% Dak means he still carries a lot of the can
Until he performs better when it matters he has no right to demand the big money

Reactions: Ken

Ken

Reaction score
This is where he needs to ignore his brother and everyone else bleating about money

"I will take less than my market value if you use that money to go out and get FA's that will get us over the hump"
See....this is a good response without name-calling.

Nice.

stiletto

Reaction score
Dak's playoff performances have put him in the Michael Gallup level of uselessness as far as what they are getting paid. We will probably have to deal with Dak for a couple more seasons but hopefully they draft his replacement soon. Jerry isn't moving to another expensive QB or an unknown. He thinks the team is too good right now. Just isn't happening. Gonna be a long couple years.

Ken

Reaction score
60% D and 40% Dak means he still carries a lot of the can
Until he performs better when it matters he has no right to demand the big money
The Cowboys negotiations really need to harp on the fact that the Playoff performance hasn't been top-dollar worthy. Then bring up Mahomes' numbers in the playoffs....

If he doesn't budge...i can see it going to Plan B.

I have said this since they traded for Lance...teams don't do that because they wanted someone for the "future". I said it as soon as the Eagles took Hurts....my best friend eagle fan buddy thought I was crazy.

Zordon

Reaction score
2024 Update: Purdy 800k, Love 12M, Dak 59M

Dallas:
Dak Prescott would have had to be significantly better than both Purdy and Love in the playoffs, he was less than both.
We needed a healthy Stephon Gillmore (or Diggs) to play man coverage with Bland, instead injury forced Quinn into playing zone, a disaster. We needed a healthy LVE
to have a chance at stopping the run, instead we had safeties playing LB and got blown off the ball against the run.

SF: The extra QB money allows SF to field a better overall roster and the best in the NFL
For example, the extra 26M pays for cap hits on Nick Bosa 11M, Fred Warner 9M and Dre Greenlaw 5M

GB: With Jordan Love at 4M, the three WR's on rookie contracts (Watson, Doubs, Reed) they played WAY above their pay grade.
GB is young, talented and have great coaching. They're a very dangerous team until Love wants 50M, the Wr's and DB's want 20M each

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/cap/2023/
Why didn’t account for Dak’s leadership? That’s worth at least 20M per season at least.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

:hammer: :hammer:

shabazz

Reaction score
Agreed. No argument there.

Dak NEEDS to accept a contract extension of between $35 - $40 mil/year and give the team a good discount so we can keep the main pieces in place while able to keep building the team.
I agree but Dak isn't giving any discount. His agent is out for blood and Jerry has no REAL backup plan.

He didn't for Romo either. Lance and Rush aren't real options.

Gambit

Reaction score
So Stephen can pocket the money?
This argument is so incredibly intellectualy dishonest.

There is a slayed amount of money for the cap. If a team doesn't use it, the owner doesn't just get to pocket the difference.

I'm not saying you are seriously claiming this, I just saw it and used it to point out the absurdity of it as I see it all the time

Creeper

Reaction score
People forget Dak was 13-3 his rookie season. He took the Cowboys to the divisional playoffs which the Cowboys lost to the GB Packers 34-31. Dak had two game tying drives in the 4th quarter but each time Arron Rodgers brought his team back to score the go ahead and finally game winning FG.

Dak threw for 302 yards, and 3 TDs in that game. He had 1 INT, just like Aaron Rodgers.

How much was Dak getting paid in 2016?

Gambit

Reaction score
People forget Dak was 13-3 his rookie season. He took the Cowboys to the divisional playoffs which the Cowboys lost to the GB Packers 34-31. Dak had two game tying drives in the 4th quarter but each time Arron Rodgers brought his team back to score the go ahead and finally game winning FG.

Dak threw for 302 yards, and 3 TDs in that game. He had 1 INT, just like Aaron Rodgers.

How much was Dak getting paid in 2016?
The problem with this is, they will point out Dak lost the game. Thus he is never deserving of any money beyond what their feelz tell them.

And for the record I agree Dak shouldn't get $60 mil a year. But he's going to.

Gambit

Reaction score

Would love to see it. But not going to happen, especially now he's a father.

CowboysFanKY88

Reaction score
Obviously Dak won’t play with that cap hit next year. He will either be cut (unlikely), or extended and the cap hit pushed out (more likely).

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
We needed a healthy Stephon Gillmore (or Diggs) to play man coverage with Bland, instead injury forced Quinn into playing zone, a disaster. We needed a healthy LVE
to have a chance at stopping the run, instead we had safeties playing LB and got blown off the ball against the run.
"But why was Quinn playing zone?"
A hobbled Gilmore, nothing at LB, nothing at DT.
Tough row to hoe for Quinn.

I think the lack of roster at least partially points back to Quinn and his philosophy. Not sure whether the failure to use Parsons at MLB should be attributed to Quinn or our GM. Likely both for both these problems.