2024 Cowboys Draft Class Overall Grade

rambo2

Reaction score
I’d probably give it a C.

I’m all about maximizing value and we had 2 blinking red lights IMO this year. Arnold falling to 24 was laughable and we traded away from him and Franklin in the 2nd would’ve been a home run IMO.

We did nothing in FA though so I understand forcing the issue at needs. Trading back and adding a 3rd and still getting Guyton was solid.

I know Kneeland was pegged around where we took him but I have a really hard time getting excited about small schoolers with borderline zero production.

Beebe in the 3rd was our best pick in the draft.

Marist might’ve been our worst pick in the draft. Big reach and we drafted another RB that is a good blister and in coverage but not good against the run due to eyes / instincts.

Carson was outstanding value. Think he’ll get snaps year 1 and be CB3 by year 2.

Rest of the picks were basically darts…like Thomas, didn’t like Flournoy and the DT is fine.

Not drafting a RB is wild to me…I would’ve probably used a future pick to grab a 4th this year to do so.
After looking at the backs in the 2025 draft, I like them better. Maybe they use one of their 1st three picks on a back next year. I understand why they went with a linebacker at 87 after they got caught short last year.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marist might’ve been our worst pick in the draft.
In your opinion. Clearly the Cowboys disagree by a lot. I have no idea how all this will turn out. But the fact they had multiple trade offers and turned them all down to take a player they targeted since before the draft tells me how valuable they think he is to the franchise.

rambo2

Reaction score
In your opinion. Clearly the Cowboys disagree by a lot. I have no idea how all this will turn out. But the fact they had multiple trade offers and turned them all down to take a player they targeted since before the draft tells me how valuable they think he is to the franchise.
It looks like that is the linebacker they wanted. They had to want him badly to not take a runningback. Then they got lucky getting the corner and the 3rd olineman.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then they got lucky getting the corner and the 3rd olineman.
Didn't stop there. They got Flournoy, Thomas and Rogers with their last 3 picks - all players they wanted plus the UDFA TE they wanted.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Correct..how they build their board is part of the drafting problem.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Draft grades right after the draft are guesses. There should not be a “Final Draft Grade” for at minimum two years.

The grades we are seeing right now for this year’s draft are not based on a single moment in an NFL uniform. They are based on pre-draft rankings which are not always accurate.

Proof

Reaction score
After looking at the backs in the 2025 draft, I like them better. Maybe they use one of their 1st three picks on a back next year. I understand why they went with a linebacker at 87 after they got caught short last year.
they got caught short at rb last year, and then lost the guy that didn't even pose a credible threat lol. lb at least they have guys coming in already. looking towards next year is a silly excuse.

rambo2

Reaction score
they got caught short at rb last year, and then lost the guy that didn't even pose a credible threat lol. lb at least they have guys coming in already. looking towards next year is a silly excuse.
Simple math.