2024 QBs

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Ok 2024 Draft will be here next year. This is a Who are you watching in College football this coming year with the Idea of Cowboys Drafting them. and what rounds do you think they will be drafted.

Here are mine Personally i like the Pac12 guys the most NIX, WARD followed by Sanders:

Last edited:

Hardline

Reaction score
I want Caleb Williams, But we would have to have the worse record in the league to get him.
There's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't use a first round pick on QB next year even if it requires a trade up. You forgot to add Drake Maye.
And I will definitely have my eyes on this QB.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
I want Caleb Williams, But we would have to have the worse record in the league to get him.
There's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't use a first round pick on QB next year even if it requires a trade up. You forgot to add Drake Maye.
And I will definitely have my eyes on this QB.

yeah i did not think we would be in WIlliams or Drake's area. i fully expect us to win 10 - 14 games so we would be out of those 2 area. they are for sure going top 10

calicowboy54

Reaction score
The Cowboys should trade their entire draft to move up as high as possible to get the one they want.

A) Dak needs the competition and B) I don't want Dak getting an extension.

Draft his replacement and let's move on with life.
I personally think Dak has warts to his game (Reading Defense/Accuracy), but he's better than most so i cannot complain there. is he top 5 in the league NO but top 10 one could argue. now his 3rd contract is another story. if he's wanting top 3 money we need insurance to say NO.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The problem is NIL money is available to the young guys that might have come out early before the world changed in 2020. I don’t think Saunders is coming out unless he is a top 5 pick. I heard Williams might get over 10 million in NIL money from USC next season.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
The problem is NIL money is available to the young guys that might have come out early before the world changed in 2020. I don’t think Saunders is coming out unless he is a top 5 pick. I heard Williams might get over 10 million in NIL money from USC next season.
This is true, but I doubt that would apply to Williams. I think it's more relevant to sort of that second tier of quarterbacks - Nix, Penix, Milton, etc. - who won't go early, especially if they think there's a chance they fall out of the first round.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
NIL might pay more than a stud QB's rookie deal, but not more than his second deal, and it blocks him from getting huge NFL money one year faster. It basically cuts off one year of his professional earning potential.

The only way taking an NIL deal makes sense is if you think that one extra year of college will pay more than one extra year of your second pro contract. Otherwise, NFL players are now in kind of the same boat as MLB players, who want to get started as early as possible and get to arbitration.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Drafting a QB in the first round next year would be so stupid.

If you do that, you might as well trade everybody, because it means you're rebuilding.
Wrong. So wrong. Do you think the Cowboys will win a super bowl with Dak? Then why are you trying?

MOVE ON. Keep everyone. Trade draft picks. That's what teams want. Won't be a rebuild at all. Go draft someone who you think can get the team over the hump. A rookie deal is peanuts in the salary cap world.

The very stupid extension he will be getting next year is just wasted cap space. So the truth is the team is getting ready to make 2 huge mistakes. Keep Dak and overpay him. Why not use that money on FA's?

Once again, Do you think the Cowboys will win a super bowl with Dak? Then stop trying!

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Drafting a QB in the first round next year would be so stupid.

If you do that, you might as well trade everybody, because it means you're rebuilding.
I don't think this thread is about drafting someone in the 1st round. its about who do you like in the upcoming college season and what round do you think the cowboys would look at them.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
NIL might pay more than a stud QB's rookie deal, but not more than his second deal, and it blocks him from getting huge NFL money one year faster. It basically cuts off one year of his professional earning potential.

The only way taking an NIL deal makes sense is if you think that one extra year of college will pay more than one extra year of your second pro contract. Otherwise, NFL players are now in kind of the same boat as MLB players, who want to get started as early as possible and get to arbitration.
The problem is you can’t just think 10 quarterbacks will come out in this draft. Why come out and face scrutiny and get embarrassed like the Kentucky kid. When you can stay in school and collect millions while improving your draft stock.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Wrong. So wrong. Do you think the Cowboys will win a super bowl with Dak? Then why are you trying?

MOVE ON. Keep everyone. Trade draft picks. That's what teams want. Won't be a rebuild at all. Go draft someone who you think can get the team over the hump. A rookie deal is peanuts in the salary cap world.

The very stupid extension he will be getting next year is just wasted cap space. So the truth is the team is getting ready to make 2 huge mistakes. Keep Dak and overpay him. Why not use that money on FA's?

Once again, Do you think the Cowboys will win a super bowl with Dak? Then stop trying!
I dont know if Dak can take them to a superbowl only time will tell. but looking forward to 2024 QB class who do you like that could be drafted by cowboys.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This is true, but I doubt that would apply to Williams. I think it's more relevant to sort of that second tier of quarterbacks - Nix, Penix, Milton, etc. - who won't go early, especially if they think there's a chance they fall out of the first round.
Williams is a lock to be top 3 unless he gets injured. Penix is the reason why you stay in school. Two years ago at Indiana he was a 4th round pick at best. I am hearing now he might be the third quarterback taken, top 10 draft pick guaranteed.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Williams is a lock to be top 3 unless he gets injured. Penix is the reason why you stay in school. Two years ago at Indiana he was a 4th round pick at best. I am hearing now he might be the third quarterback taken, top 10 draft pick guaranteed.
yeah Penix is one of those fast risers, looking at injury history and you say NO WAY. but then you look at when he's healthy and has a good cast around him and he looks almost Lamar special. i think personally he's going in top of 2nd round