2024 QBs

calicowboy54

Reaction score
We need a 1st round QB right now.
if we say got a 1st round QB. knowing the learning curve it takes in the nfl. do you really think this QB could beat out Dak and or get you 12+ wins to replace daks current production. and if so who is that Qb

Hardline

Reaction score
if we say got a 1st round QB. knowing the learning curve it takes in the nfl. do you really think this QB could beat out Dak and or get you 12+ wins to replace daks current production. and if so who is that Qb
I can't see into the future. What I and most people know is you have to keep trying until you get your elite QB.
Dak has peaked and regressed. He will never be anymore than he already is.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
I can't see into the future. What I and most people know is you have to keep trying until you get your elite QB.
Dak has peaked and regressed. He will never be anymore than he already is.
well the thread was who are you watching in college football this year at the QB position and what round do you think they would get drafted in.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes you did. You just won't admit that you're wrong on how to approach it.
I nailed it. It is 100% stupid to sign Dak to an extension when we know he won't win a super bowl. Dump him and take a chance on a rookie.

Why commit all that money and salary cap space? Makes NO sense. You just won't admit that I'm right. Oh I forgot, you think Dak can win a super bowl for the Cowboys. I have no idea why.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would you rather give Dak that insane extension he is going to get.....only to never deliver a super bowl W?

I mean, the Cowboys didn't come thru for Ware or Witten so why start now, right?

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Would you rather give Dak that insane extension he is going to get.....only to never deliver a super bowl W?

I mean, the Cowboys didn't come thru for Ware or Witten so why start now, right?
yeah i’d rather not pay him like a top 3 qb, but he’s going to be better than a rookie. so again who would you draft this year to be his eventual replacement what round and who are you watching this year.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yeah i’d rather not pay him like a top 3 qb, but he’s going to be better than a rookie. so again who would you draft this year to be his eventual replacement what round and who are you watching this year.
Dak is going to be better than a rookie. OK. If the goal is to win a super bowl, how does that get you closer to the goal? Not try to argue just asking. It's either draft his replacement or pay Dak top 3 or top 5 QB money. No thanks to that.

I don't know who I would trade up for next April. I know there are at least 2 QB's better than any in the draft two months ago.

I get that some wouldn't want to make a move like that because it seems like we are giving up on the next couple of years riding a rookie. It's either that or make two mistakes and pay Dak and ride out the next couple of years knowing we aren't winning a super bowl and always draft in the 20's. I'd rather plan for the future and get the higher draft picks from winning less games getting there.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Dak is going to be better than a rookie. OK. If the goal is to win a super bowl, how does that get you closer to the goal? Not try to argue just asking. It's either draft his replacement or pay Dak top 3 or top 5 QB money. No thanks to that.

I don't know who I would trade up for next April. I know there are at least 2 QB's better than any in the draft two months ago.

I get that some wouldn't want to make a move like that because it seems like we are giving up on the next couple of years riding a rookie. It's either that or make two mistakes and pay Dak and ride out the next couple of years knowing we aren't winning a super bowl and always draft in the 20's. I'd rather plan for the future and get the higher draft picks from winning less games getting there.
In a perfect world you don't pay Dak a 3rd contract (Jerry and his jersey sales need the 3rd contract on Dak) and you Draft someone at the bottom of the 1st round - 2nd round that can compete with him while he rides out his contract for a few years and move on. I personally like Nix at the bottom of the 1st he's better than Lewis who was drafted in 2nd round and behind Stroud so that would put him at bottom of Round 1. Draft Bo Nix and still have draft capital to surround Dak and Bo with weapons and OL and let the best man win.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In a perfect world you don't pay Dak a 3rd contract (Jerry and his jersey sales need the 3rd contract on Dak) and you Draft someone at the bottom of the 1st round - 2nd round that can compete with him while he rides out his contract for a few years and move on. I personally like Nix at the bottom of the 1st he's better than Lewis who was drafted in 2nd round and behind Stroud so that would put him at bottom of Round 1. Draft Bo Nix and still have draft capital to surround Dak and Bo with weapons and OL and let the best man win.
:bow:

Love this post!

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I nailed it. It is 100% stupid to sign Dak to an extension when we know he won't win a super bowl. Dump him and take a chance on a rookie.

Why commit all that money and salary cap space? Makes NO sense. You just won't admit that I'm right. Oh I forgot, you think Dak can win a super bowl for the Cowboys. I have no idea why.
You're not right.

If you don't want to extend him, fine. But the idea that you release him and spend money on FAs is completely wrong. It's a total teardown.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
How is that a teardown? I truly don't understand how changing QB's is that at all.
Because if you release Dak you are doubling the cap spend on QB than if you extend him and likely getting a worse player.

It's a dumb bet to think that a rookie is going to give you a better chance to win than Dak, which means you also have to acquire a veteran QB. You're not going to win that way, so you have to just tear it down and commit to a rebuild. The approach you want is basically what the Colts and Commanders have done for the last 5-6 years. It's a terrible operation and never works.