Twitter: 25 yr old woman suing Jerry Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motorola

Reaction score
BTW, DID U WATCH THE BREAK? Nick Eatman was epic! He went scorched Earth on Jerry and Stevie. Its a must watch segment. He defends the fans and says we are owed better due to our loyalty etc.
No - isn't Eatman part of the "inner circle" regarding the franchise = 'Dallas Cowboys.com' - and his long association with the team (books, etc.)?
Will pull it up to watch ..Thanks

Rayman70

Reaction score
No - isn't Eatman part of the "inner circle" regarding the franchise = 'Dallas Cowboys.com' - and his long association with the team (books, etc.)?
Will pull it up to watch ..Thanks
I think he finally just snapped.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The question is “why now”?

And why is she named in the Charlotte divorce case? We are obviously missing some key bits of info — and it is none of the public’s business anyway.

One thing for sure is true: If JJ is indeed the father— his choices brought the situation about and he will have to face the consequences— and so will his family.

Family is complicated and this situation is straight painful for many involved. I am no one’s judge. I hope love, compassion, forgiveness, dignity, and human decency win in the end and they can all move forward in a healthy way.

JJ is having one ROUGH offseason. My goodness
There’s a couple potential reasons why now.

One is her mother has Cancer. And if it’s terminal Alex might be wanting to bring some closure into her real fathers identity once and for all. I can definitely sympathize with that scenario. When her mother Cindy passes , if that’s the case, then she loses her only legal parent. And that possibly could end the agreement with Jethro . IDK but those seem like reasonable thoughts .

And perhaps she’s prepared to end the agreement which could include ending her financial settlement her mother made so she can legally claim Jethro as her father.

I’d be curious to know if once the financial agreement matured which her last payment is scheduled when she’s 28 if she can then come out publicly. Since it’s already out I’d think this also would allow Jethro to counter sue ending the agreement if he chose to go down that path.

Alex apparently has attempted to end this personally with Jethro but he’s refused which I would assume she feels this is her only recourse if she’s intent on legally establishing he’s her father.

And I don’t know enough about Charlottes divorce case to speculate.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think he finally just snapped.
Jethro’s biggest concern is if his wife Gene was fed up and filed for divorce which is unlikely at their age. But it might have been likely 25 years ago.

That would be the only scenario which could threaten his Cowboys ownership .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Gene isnt screwing her children over by forcing Jerry to sell. Those kids have put in years helping build that brand with Daddy...why would she screw them over. Seems unlikely.

The kids been on tv and has good jobs. I assume Jerry directly or indirectly has aided in this. Not saying she didnt work hard in school...not saying she isnt deserving of those jobs. Just saying that those just happen to be jobs powerful people are into...and his fun baby just happens to be involved in all of them. Doesnt sound like a coincidence to me.
I said a divorce is very unlikely at their age. 25 years ago who knows.

Alex has no doubt made the most of her opportunities including her academic achievements at SMU. Her TV position was mostly aided by her mothers association with Jethro as it was reported Cindy still had contact with him over the years.

But becoming a White House aide and now a congressional aide could have been positions she earned on her own merit. Regardless it’s been a career any parent would be proud of.

And I’d expect a Jethro fan to side in favor of the illegitimate daughters father. He’s someone you can really get behind in this situation. Bravo!! Lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep— that is what her camp is saying. However— she has been living on trust money for 25 years. If all she wanted was to be free from the NDA— why not seek to annul it when she turned 18?

Also— she claims to have sought to settle the matter privately but was blown off. If she can provide solid proof that she was trying to resolve the issue with Jerry privately— and he indeed was unresponsive— that would strengthen her position.

Finally— it won’t matter if money is not her motivation. That will be the perception of her motives by many people. Count the cost before you go to war, and understand what your objectives are.

If all she wants is the right to publicly name JJ as her father— she will pay a very high price in the court of public opinion to do so— especially if there is an undisclosed settlement after 3/31.

Regardless— this is a very bad look for JJ and a tough story for a young woman to deal with— even acknowledging the trust money.
It’s difficult for me to see any downside on her behalf as far as public opinion . It’s not like it’s the mother who is reneging on settlement .

Unless she loses out on the final installments of settlement as a result. Which makes me think because of the timing it’s not just about the money or she’d wait until she was 28.

And I think Jethro could save face by publicly admitting she is his daughter. Or at least agree to paternity test to find out. He doesn’t have much to lose, only his other children who probably are more concerned than he is.

plymkr

Reaction score
As if not having your approval is such a terrible thing. Get over yourself.
He asked me a question and I answered it. If you don't like my answer then don't read it. You not approving of me is not a terrible thing so get over yourself.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He asked me a question and I answered it. If you don't like my answer then don't read it. You not approving of me is not a terrible thing so get over yourself.
Think about what you just said there. How am I going to know if I like your answer unless I read it first? I would be so happy to comply with what you said if it were possible. Sometimes you do post something worth reading so when I see you've posted something, I have to read it to know if I like it. While we are getting over ourselves, I want to apologize for my jerk tone toward you in my previous post. It was uncalled for.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Damn, what is he quitting or just wants to get fired? This is on the cowboys site?

I think the dude is just fed up with this team, just like most of us fans are, and just has a "screw it, I'm going to say what I am thinking no matter the consequences" attitude.

Wouldnt be surprised if he is fired or reassigned to the mailroom however. The same thing happened to Broaddus, he went off on the team and front office and the next week he was gone.

plymkr

Reaction score
Think about what you just said there. How am I going to know if I like your answer unless I read it first? I would be so happy to comply with what you said if it were possible. Sometimes you do post something worth reading so when I see you've posted something, I have to read it to know if I like it. While we are getting over ourselves, I want to apologize for my jerk tone toward you in my previous post. It was uncalled for.
I got defensive and I apologize too. I also used a jerk tone and was condescending. No disrespect to you, just caught me at a bad moment.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
So...are we not going to address the Mom putting this girl in a situation where her father wants nothing to do with her?

Because of religion...you should birth children? You shouldnt have sex/pleasure without accepting pain?

Jerry is the bad guy in all this? Or should birthing children be more of a mutual decision?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So...are we not going to address the Mom putting this girl in a situation where her father wants nothing to do with her?

Because of religion...you should birth children? You shouldnt have sex/pleasure without accepting pain?

Jerry is the bad guy in all this? Or should birthing children be more of a mutual decision?

Not sure what religion has to do with this.

Jerry cheated on his wife, got some girl knocked up, and then gave her a bunch of money not to tell anybody about it.

Are you suggesting that she should have had an abortion? Maybe she did not want to kill her baby, maybe she wanted to be a mom and Jerry was like "whatever, not my problem, here is a million dollars to keep your mouth shut and raise the kid".

FanofJerry

Reaction score
See...putting your kid in that situation is kind of questionable, imo. There are situations like a woman being pregnant and her husband is killed and she goes though with the birth...I can get behind that. But having a child with your side dude who wants nothing to do with the child...and the child having to deal with the moms decision is questionable, imo.

Jerry falling for temptation is not the same as bringing a child into the world in a weird/bad emotional situation for the child and having the child deal with that.

Im not defending Jerry. The username is a coincidence. I do like Jerry and the Jones', though. Im trying to be reasonable.

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
See...putting your kid in that situation is kind of questionable, imo. There are situations like a woman being pregnant and her husband is killed and she goes though with the birth...I can get behind that. But having a child with your side dude who wants nothing to do with the child...and the child having to deal with the moms decision is questionable, imo.

Jerry falling for temptation is not the same as bringing a child into the world in in a weird/bad situation and having the child deal with that.

Im not defending Jerry. The username is a coincidence. I do like Jerry and the Jones, though. Im trying to be reasonable.

Maybe Jerry should have been a man about it and accepted responsibility for his actions and been a real dad to the child instead of having nothing to do with her.

As a guy and as a dad, I have no sympathy here for Jerry. He is the one that cheated on his wife, he is the one that could not keep his zipper up, and he is the one that could not be bothered to even use a condom. Then when the girl he is banging gets knocked up, he wants nothing to do with the child and is somehow a victim in all of this?

Maybe its just me, but if you are going to whip it out and get some girl pregnant, then be a man about, accept responsibility for your actions, and try to make it as right as you can for the child by being a real dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.