Twitter: 25 yr old woman suing Jerry Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost12

Reaction score
we have no clue what has already happened behind the scenes. My guess is her attorneys already approached jerry, and he said piss off. And without a doubt there will be a future lawsuit. Id bet my life on that... unless Jerry caves and pays more money out to avoid going to court.
This. This this this this this times a thousand.

I do not believe that her attorney just up and filed the lawsuit out of the blue. There is no doubt in my mind that over the past several months, he reached out to Jones in an effort to sell her silence, and there were probably even negotiations between him and Jones' counsel to that end. Obviously those negotiations, if they even took place, failed.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
yep. but with the stipulation it wont hurt the amount she is due from the trust......
I didn’t see any mention of that stipulation. Instead she appears prepared to end that agreement which I’d interpret in ending whatever funds remain.

Ghost12

Reaction score
I’ve read that and clearly states Alex is seeking to be released from the agreement. Which means she’s willing to forfeit the remainder of funds due to her to be able to name him her father.
She is in her mid 20's. There probably isn't all that much - if anything - still due to her.

However, under normal circumstances, if someone violates a confidentiality agreement, the other person can sue them to get the money back. I don't see that happening here, but that is the way it would normally work. She no doubt wants to be indemnified from such a possibility.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have sympathy towards everyone in this case. Dumb Jerry slept with a woman that he wanted no relationship with. She is to blame here... she is at much to blame as he is.
They reached a settlement that was the best thing, in Jerry's mind to deal with it. How many people has this happened to out in society? A ton. Im not condoning any behavior, but im not also gonna make out like a man and a woman who went out and had sex together are somehow villains. By the looks of it, mom was financially secure to raise a kid Jerry didnt want. Kid was raised and appears to have a pretty good life. Its sucks she didnt have a father, but she isnt the first and she wont be the last. Life goes on.
No doubt the mother made her own choices. But the daughter shouldn’t be held to the decisions her parents made anymore than an adopted child looking for her biological parents.

Ghost12

Reaction score
I didn’t see any mention of that stipulation. Instead she appears prepared to end that agreement which I’d interpret in ending whatever funds remain.
My interpretation of the article is she wants to be able to publicly disclose Jones is her father without it impacting the agreement of whatever money he has given her or is yet scheduled to give her.

In other words, she wants to force Jerry to continue living up to his end of the bargain without her having to live up to her end of the bargain.
No doubt the mother made her own choices. But the daughter shouldn’t be held to the decisions her parents made anymore than an adopted child looking for her biological parents.
Except that's the way the law works 99.9% of the time. Children are held to the decisions parents make on their behalf because children cannot enter into legal agreements.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
She is in her mid 20's. There probably isn't all that much - if anything - still due to her.

However, under normal circumstances, if someone violates a confidentiality agreement, the other person can sue them to get the money back. I don't see that happening here, but that is the way it would normally work. She no doubt wants to be indemnified from such a possibility.
Alex is 25. She had two installments left at age 26 and 28. Why wouldn’t she have waited until she received her last payment if this was all about the money?
Why now?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My interpretation of the article is she wants to be able to publicly disclose Jones is her father without it impacting the agreement of whatever money he has given her or is yet scheduled to give her.

In other words, she wants to force Jerry to continue living up to his end of the bargain without her having to live up to her end of the bargain.
I’m not sure how you’d interpret as such. There’s no suggestion she’s attempting any such action.

If anything Alex appears prepared to end the agreement.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Except that's the way the law works 99.9% of the time. Children are held to the decisions parents make on their behalf because children cannot enter into legal agreements.
I certainly didn’t see any reference that she expects the financial agreement to continue. If I missed please copy and paste or link so I can see.

We shall see if as an adult she will be held to that agreement which is exactly what she is suing for

Ghost12

Reaction score
Alex is 25. She had two installments left at age 26 and 28. Why wouldn’t she have waited until she received her last payment if this was all about the money?
Why now?
Maybe because Jerry Jones is turning 80 this year. I am not trying to be callous here, but a wise lawyer would be prudent to advise that waiting 3 years to start this whole process up is somewhat of a large risk. I do not know the payout schedule of the original confidentiality agreement, but I think we can all safely assume most of it has already been paid.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Maybe because Jerry Jones is turning 80 this year. I am not trying to be callous here, but a wise lawyer would be prudent to advise that waiting 3 years to start this whole process up is somewhat of a large risk. I do not know the payout schedule of the original confidentiality agreement, but I think we can all safely assume most of it has already been paid.
I’d argue the reason she is challenging now is her mother has Cancer.

Alex is 25 and she has two installment payments left at age 26 and 28. Why wouldn’t she wait until she’s received all of the payments if it was all about the money,

Perhaps with her mothers life in jeopardy she’s sincerely just wanting to establish who her father is. She had an opportunity while working in the White House to go public with this and didn’t.

And still refuses to respond to media. She appears to be a class act. Not sure why there’d be any harsh thoughts in her direction?

Ghost12

Reaction score
I’m not sure how you’d interpret as such. There’s no suggestion she’s attempting any such action.

If anything Alex appears prepared to end the agreement.
Obviously you believe her lawyer when he says "she isn't looking for money".... I, however, do not.

Furthermore, with all due respect, there is something you aren't realizing: Jones made a lump sum payment up front, and also set up 2 trusts. This woman receives benefits from the trusts according to a predetermined schedule, but it isn't like Jones is still sending her money. He can't withhold the payments she is schedule to get at age 26 and 28 because that money is already in the trust. She isn't risking anything or sacrificing her future payments by filing this lawsuit.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
So...why does this girl want to disclose Jerry as the Father? Or is it just bad wording...she really just wants closure and for him to take the test to verify...for her own personal closure to who her father scientifically is? And Jerry is afraid this is laying the foundation to sue him or the estate...so he refuses?

If thats the case...couldnt a new NDA be formed?

Sounds like it could be but someone is being unreasonable. My bet is that there is nothing Noble going on here. I hope there is and its pure...but I doubt it.

Ghost12

Reaction score
I’d argue the reason she is challenging now is her mother has Cancer.

Alex is 25 and she has two installment payments left at age 26 and 28. Why wouldn’t she wait until she’s received all of the payments if it was all about the money,
As I mentioned before, that money is in a trust. She will still get it.
Perhaps with her mothers life in jeopardy she’s sincerely just wanting to establish who her father is. She had an opportunity while working in the White House to go public with this and didn’t.

And still refuses to respond to media. She appears to be a class act. Not sure why there’d be any harsh thoughts in her direction?
She is refusing to respond to the media because, for now, she is still bound by the confidentiality agreement.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Obviously you believe her lawyer when he says "she isn't looking for money".... I, however, do not.

Furthermore, with all due respect, there is something you aren't realizing: Jones made a lump sum payment up front, and also set up 2 trusts. This woman receives benefits from the trusts according to a predetermined schedule, but it isn't like Jones is still sending her money. He can't withhold the payments she is schedule to get at age 26 and 28 because that money is already in a trust. She isn't risking anything or sacrificing her future payments by filing this lawsuit.
Then you believe in something that hadn’t been reported or disclosed. Perhaps you’re just here to go to bat for Jethro. How noble. Lol

Ghost12

Reaction score
Then you believe in something that hadn’t been reported or disclosed. Perhaps you’re just here to go to bat for Jethro. How noble. Lol
LOL at least I know how trusts work. Let me know if you would like me to further explain to you any other stuff I learned about in high school.

Here is another thing you simpleton mind doesn't comprehend: I know a cash grab when I see one, but pointing out that it is a cash grab does not mean I am "going to bat" for Jones. He is a sleaze but that doesn't change the fact that it's a cash grab. Both statements can be true.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As I mentioned before, that money is in a trust. She will still get it.
She is refusing to respond to the media because, for now, she is still bound by the confidentiality agreement.
By suing him she’s already violated the terms of the agreement and he has the right to counter sue to end the agreement as well.

But the skeleton is already out of the closet. There’s no incentive left for him to dish out any more hush money.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
LOL at least I know how trusts work. Let me know if you would like me to further explain to you any other stuff I learned about in high school.

Here is another thing you simpleton mind doesn't comprehend: I know a cash grab when I see one, but pointing out that it is a cash grab does not mean I am "going to bat" for Jones. He is a sleaze but that doesn't change the fact that it's a cash grab. Both statements can be true.
Calling it a cash grab is a sleazy attempt at slamming Alex for simply attempting to establish her biological father. Not sure why anyone would take such a stance?

Ghost12

Reaction score
By suing him she’s already violated the terms of the agreement and he has the right to counter due to end the agreement as well.
Not necessarily. Filing a lawsuit does not immediately nullify an NDA nor is it automatically considered a violation of an NDA, especially if she wins.

Furthermore, there is no way in hell Jones will counter-sue his illegitimate daughter to recover money already given to her (of which there may very well be all that much left) or avoid payments due for several obvious reasons:

1) That would be an absolute PR nightmare
2) There may not be all that much money left (and would be less than pennies to someone like Jones)
3) He would be legally liable for back child support so even if he won on the NDA, he would lose on child support

To any intelligent person, she is playing a zero-risk game here.
Calling it a cash grab is a sleazy attempt at slamming Alex for simply attempting to establish her biological father. Not sure why anyone would take such a stance?
Then you believe in something that hadn’t been reported or disclosed. Perhaps you’re just here to go to bat for Alex. How noble. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.