Drafted by Cowboys 2nd Round, Pick 58 - Cowboys Draft DT Trysten Hill, UCF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carter

Reaction score
Feels like Taco Charlton 2.0 except that he also has Character Concerns. We went need and reached in my opinion especially with atleast 3 Safeties worth of Pick 58 sitting right there.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Feels like Taco Charlton 2.0 except that he also has Character Concerns. We went need and reached in my opinion especially with atleast 3 Safeties worth of Pick 58 sitting right there.

Maybe they should have drafted a safety, but comparing him to Taco is lazy.

CWR

Reaction score
Where do you think I quoted you?

Since you don't know what a quote is, I doubt you know what reputable means.

If you want to go by what a network of losers in their basements getting paid
by PFF to watch highlight clips and give opinions.as your top source over NFL.com
and say they know more than a literal football network with actual scouts, coaches and players,
well that's not very smart.

I dunno, the very fact they are getting paid to watch football kind of makes them winners no?

Carter

Reaction score
Maybe they should have drafted a safety, but comparing him to Taco is lazy.

Not comparing the skillset im just comparing my feel about the Pick. I also felt Taco was a Need Pick and a Reach. This was an overreaction to the Rams Game.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Not comparing the skillset im just comparing my feel about the Pick. I also felt Taco was a Need Pick and a Reach. This was an overreaction to the Rams Game.

I don't disagree that this team then's to react rather than anticipate.

That said, I'm not going to complain about getting tougher in the trenches.

I would have drafted Thornhill, but it's not like they selected a guy that was projected in the 4th or something.

Hill's a good prospect, and he's very young.

Carter

Reaction score
I don't disagree that this team then's to react rather than anticipate.

That said, I'm not going to complain about getting tougher in the trenches.

I would have drafted Thornhill, but it's not like they selected a guy that was projected in the 4th or something.

Hill's a good prospect, and he's very young.

I would be halfway on board if Hill would not have Red Flags concerning his Character and Motivation for the Game.

StarHead69

Reaction score
We just spent a fortune on two stud outside pass-rushers. That would’ve been a huge waste if QB’s could just step up in the pocket due to no interior penetration. They targeted a guy that gets into the backfield regularly, unlike the oft injured Collins. I like the pick. I also feel like people here would’ve been less negative if Hill hadn’t been rumored to be our pick before the draft.

Last edited:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I would be halfway on board if Hill would not have Red Flags concerning his Character and Motivation for the Game.

That's stuff I have to assume the team did their due diligence on.

On film, it looks like he plays hard and hustles.

Gaede

Reaction score
That's stuff I have to assume the team did their due diligence on.

On film, it looks like he plays hard and hustles.

Yeah, I don't think there is any question about Hill's hustle. He runs down basically every play at full speed

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
It's hyperbole like this around here that pisses me off. Warren Sapp? Sapp was a transformative culture changing player who was dominate and is the all-time sack leader for Defensive Tackles. This guy isn't close to Warren Sapp who was a Heisman Finalist. This kid couldn't hold Warren's jock at any point in his college and pro career. He might turn out to be decent but he's not a game changer.

The comparison is simply a way to demonstrate what Marinelli is looking for and why he finds it so important to draft Hill. Will Hill be as good as Sapp, not likely. Can he develop into a game changing force for our line, quite possibly. If you’re getting pissed off about football discussion I feel bad for you bro.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Sure safety would have been nice in the second, but unless we get a big bodied DT the safety just get worn...we a DT to keep the safeties clean so they can make plays...

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Not even close. This guys motor is relentless. he has an explosive burst. Those two things were huge ? Marks with Taco.

Status
Not open for further replies.