Drafted by Cowboys 2nd Round, Pick 58 - Cowboys Draft DT Trysten Hill, UCF

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Hill was a gigantic reach. Like 2 to 3 rounds early.

This is more of a reach than Daniel Jones at 6th overall, to put it in perspective

Based on what? What Todd and Mel say? I remember when Dallas reached for Travis Frederick......how’s that work out. I think last night showed these teams pay ABSOLUTELY NO ATTENTION to the so-called draft experts on the internet.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Guy can play, everyone will soon find out....

I think THIS tweet form THIS guy (I think running the Senior Bowl kinda gives you NFL clout) says everything. Again, all of you posting what WalterFootball, Mel & Todd, etc.... say as gospel need to ask yourself one question - are those guys "in the know" more than the GUY THAT RUNS THE SENIOR BOWL?????? :facepalm:

glimmerman

Reaction score
I heard he didn’t play much with new staff coming in. But when they were in the big game they kept him in and he dominated. Was it because the starter was injured or because he has a bad attitude. Another Taco..

FaSho

Reaction score
Just seems like a big reach. Then again, everyone said Frederick was too, and that worked out lol

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Just seems like a big reach. Then again, everyone said Frederick was too, and that worked out lol

Frederick and Jaylon Smith both were big reaches. Hopefully this one turns out similar.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Collins was not injury prone coming in from Nebraska in 2016. Neither is Hill.

Collins has broken his foot three years in a row and therefore has been limited. The poster was comparing Hill to Collins...

Johnny23

Reaction score
Collins has broken his foot three years in a row and therefore has been limited. The poster was comparing Hill to Collins...
I know and I was bringing up the fact both came into Dallas with a clean bill of health. What's happened after for Collins is moot point. Their play is identical in that they're gap shooters who when on athleticism and have poor leverage and technique. Collins was praised for being a wrestler it doesn't translate in the pros. He wins verse bad offensive lines and is non existent against good ones.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I know and I was bringing up the fact both came into Dallas with a clean bill of health. What's happened after for Collins is moot point. Their play is identical in that they're gap shooters who when on athleticism and have poor leverage and technique. Collins was praised for being a wrestler it doesn't translate in the pros. He wins verse bad offensive lines and is non existent against good ones.

Inconclusive.. Collins full potential is unknown do to multiple freak injuries...

85Cowboy85

Reaction score

This headline is deceiving. It says in the article Marinelli hands this to every player that walks in the door.
I do this with every guy from a free agent to a draft pick, just my own copy of it, back and forth, front and back,” Marinelli said. “It talks about how we play, what I ask of you in practice, day of games, all of it. I am very clear of it. I said to him, ‘If it doesn’t fit you, tell me now, because you will not be happy here. I told him to keep it, and he said, ‘Coach I feel great about this.

This is not a real contract. This is just a tool Marinelli uses to motivate his players.

Status
Not open for further replies.