Drafted by Cowboys 2nd Round, Pick 58 - Cowboys Draft DT Trysten Hill, UCF

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Amazing thing about people defending this pick.

Most didn't even know his name before today.

And others who might have, never have discussed his play before today.

We know that you don't like the pick. We also know that your evaluation of talent has not landed you a job in the nfl so why don't we see how this plays out.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
True. I hope he turns out to be a good pick but he was originally projected to be a forth round pick . I just ..find it ironic that Rod was against drafting a dt early and now he wants to reach for one

Your username was projected by many as a 3rd. Have you gone back 2-3 years or more and looked at how accurate these rankings end up being?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Surprised they prioritized DT

People have been *****ing about not spending on DT for years. Well, here it is. Live it up.

He's our highest DT pick since Maryland, maybe only Spears if you count him as a DT, which I think is fair enough.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
I don’t think so.

I think they made their mind up well before the draft and didn’t care who was on the board.

That is why everyone knew somehow who the 58th pick in the draft would be far ahead of time.

And that still doesn't mean it won't be a good pick. Trying to decide whether you like a pick on draft day is about the most useless exercise I can think of.

Fredbeard

Reaction score
Your username was projected by many as a 3rd. Have you gone back 2-3 years or more and looked at how accurate these rankings end up being?
Actually you can probably tell by my username that i was a fan of the pick in 2013. Before the combine hill was widely ranked as a fourth round pick. The draft magazine I had at the time had Fredrick ranked in the second round.no one knows whether hill will be a bust or a great pick. you dont need to white knight for hill against anyone who is remotely negative of the pick . my main complaint is that i dont trust marinelli.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
We know that you don't like the pick. We also know that your evaluation of talent has not landed you a job in the nfl so why don't we see how this plays out.

We also know this front office isn’t perfect in the draft and frankly has failed when it comes to taking on kids who have some character/work ethic issues and developing them.

Hill smells like Charlton all over again.

Talented kid with so-so production in college who has some red flags in terms of work ethic, focus, discipline who the Cowboys largely took out of need.

Let’s hope this one works out much better.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
so why pay Lawrence 21 million a year? if 3T is the most important position on the defense?

3-tech disrupts the pocket and helps the DEs to be more effective. If Hill can use his quick first step and his pop to threaten the QB, Lawrence's sack number will go up and he'll look like he's worth more than $21 million. If Hill fails, then we'll look a lot like we did last year.

Frankly, I think the kid has some Leon Lett in him. He just has to figure out how to use what he's got.

Fredbeard

Reaction score
Thanks for explaining my point to yourself.
Lol get over yourself dude. Take a break from posting and deal with your obvious personality disorder.you seem to already have him pegged as a future probowler and hofer. Lol

Johnny23

Reaction score
This is a good pick. Guy can be a dominant Warren Sapp type player. Way more upside than the safeties. When will you guys realize this team doesn’t prioritize safeties?
It's hyperbole like this around here that pisses me off. Warren Sapp? Sapp was a transformative culture changing player who was dominate and is the all-time sack leader for Defensive Tackles. This guy isn't close to Warren Sapp who was a Heisman Finalist. This kid couldn't hold Warren's jock at any point in his college and pro career. He might turn out to be decent but he's not a game changer.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
D5IhJPOWwAARKwr

Pretty obvious why Marinelli loved him. What do Hayden, Ivie, and Hill all have in common?

They all are high effort, non-stop motor type of guys. Hill does have a great SPARQ score. But I hope he can actually play because in the NFL everyone plays hard.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I am worried if we will have enough seats in the DL meetings tbh.

That being said, neither Collins is likely a Cowboy after this year. So, this seems to be with an eye to the future. And in McGovern’s case, I wouldn’t rule him out of starting at some point. Frederick is an unknown and Tyron has back issues; I imagine at some point there will be some shuffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.