Drafted by Cowboys 2nd Round - Pick 58 - TE Luke Schoonmaker (Michigan)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
After watching the whole video, I don't think he broke a single tackle. But he has good hands, and seems to find a way to get open.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Horrid pick.

Draft picks are commodities. Those trying to rationalize/justify this pick for a 25-26 year old blocking TE is just like spending $90,000 on a Kia Sorento and then arguing “it’s just what I need; reliable transportation.”
Except in the car market, all Kia's are manufactured to be near identical and there is a market with 1000s of dealers and millions of drivers making the market infinitely more stable and predictable.

Draft picks are at core the right to select a player and they evaluated him higher than the cottage industry we have think for us did.

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why select this TE when Terrence was available? He was a better help and a need a guard, he is never left over, I really don't understand this pick.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
I get that he can block, but a 2nd round pick on a blocking TE? I do not get that.
From Bruce Feldman

"Very impressive numbers from Michigan TE Luke Schoonmaker at UM Pro Day. At over 6-5, 252, his 3-Cone time was 6.81. That was faster than every TE ran in Indy and only one WR or RB at the Combine (Jaxon Smith-Njigba) was quicker. Schoonmaker also had a 4.26 shuttle time."

Has the frame to easily add 10lbs. Probably needs more functional strength. I see him as a late bloomer that is just growing into his frame.

Really looks likes like a combination of Fergy and Hendershot.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Horrid pick.

Draft picks are commodities. Those trying to rationalize/justify this pick for a 25-26 year old blocking TE is just like spending $90,000 on a Kia Sorento and then arguing “it’s just what I need; reliable transportation.”
:laugh:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Horrid pick.

This is exactly it. His film was dry as hell.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
From Bruce Feldman

"Very impressive numbers from Michigan TE Luke Schoonmaker at UM Pro Day. At over 6-5, 252, his 3-Cone time was 6.81. That was faster than every TE ran in Indy and only one WR or RB at the Combine (Jaxon Smith-Njigba) was quicker. Schoonmaker also had a 4.26 shuttle time."

Has the frame to easily add 10lbs. Probably needs more functional strength. I see him as a late bloomer that is just growing into his frame.

Luke has Witten type size. Hopefully he puts on weight and develops this season.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
From Bruce Feldman

Michigan obviously fudged numbers at his pro day. Nothing about his film screams elite athlete. Darnell Washington's does

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Sorry, but can you please make it so that I can respond to private messages? I have posters messaging me and I cant even respond and I feel Im being rude that I cant do so.

Thank you.
Dang they got you too lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Michigan obviously fudged numbers at his pro day. Nothing about his film screams elite athlete. Darnell Washington's does
BWAAAAAA!!!!

I watched film on Washington and the guy screamed too big for the NFL TE position and an injury waiting to happen. knew nothing about his injury history. All of a sudden he gets flagged as an injury scare.

Im good, but Im not that good. But its seemed obvious to me the guy was big time bust potential.

John813

Reaction score
had an NIL with AARP

Don't mind the position taken but man not liking this pick. Still think someone like Kraft would be a better pro

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
BWAAAAAA!!!!

I watched film on Washington and the guy screamed too big for the NFL TE position and an injury waiting to happen. knew nothing about his injury history. All of a sudden he gets flagged as an injury scare.

Im good, but Im not that good. But its seemed obvious to me the guy was big time bust potential.
And this guy screams jag that we already have on the roster. He doesnt give this team anything different than what we have.

ICP

Reaction score
The problem is most don't understand the pick and poo-poo it.

Once they see this kid, especially his run blocking, they will like him.

The Cowboys want to run the ball and he is a road grader and good receiver also.

Better blocking TE than what we have. Cowboys clearly want to win the trenches this draft.
I would say that if Dallas wants to run the ball they should have been looking at some RBs or hopefully have a plan post draft to improve the position.

GoldenR

Reaction score
As long as he's good for 2100 yards and 18 TD's in 3 years. That's what our last TE was good for fan boys. Bye the way, it's a throwin league. 2 tight end sets, blah blah blah.....