Drafted by Cowboys 2nd Round - Pick 58 - TE Luke Schoonmaker (Michigan)

CampJR

Reaction score
Yes. U jus a michigan fan
Couldn’t be further from the truth lol. Watch actual tape and don’t get enamored with Washington’s big frame and some of the nonsense you’ve heard.

Go watch actual game speed and you’ll see this guy runs away from defenders

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He was so good he had to sit in FA for a 1 year deal that was less than the tag last year. Stop it. Everyone knows he was average at best.
He finished the year injured. If you rank actual production in receptions, yards, and TD and it is what it is. And he made the pro bowl recently so stop speaking for everyone.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Couldn’t be further from the truth lol. Watch actual tape and don’t get enamored with Washington’s big frame and some of the nonsense you’ve heard.

Go watch actual game speed and you’ll see this guy runs away from defenders
I watch him catch the ball with no1 near him on a leak out and not break a tackle or outrun anyone.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It looks pretty obvious he's the LG with Tyron getting an incentive laden deal that shows he's still starting at LT.
I still think that's our best lineup at this time, until Tyron gets hurt. And I'm kind of hoping that Waletzko can progress to where we trust him to step in when that happens and keep Tyler at guard. I think Tyler can be an awesome guard. Better than what we could get if we move Steele there or play Edoga.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
He finished the year injured. If you rank actual production in receptions, yards, and TD and it is what it is. And he made the pro bowl recently so stop speaking for everyone.
Money talks and it was quiet for schultz cuz hes not that good

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think a lot of fans here drastically overestimate the ability of Hendershot and Ferguson. I don’t think either of them are more than JAG’s. Maybe Schoonmaker is JAG but I think he’s more complete than either of the two we have.

I’d be surprised if he doesn’t start.
I have high hopes for both Ferguson and Hendershot, but still believed that we needed to take a tight end in the first four rounds because those hopes might not pan out. I think among these three we can at least find one that can match what we got from Schultz, which wasn't terrible (around the top 10 in yards and catches). May not have a Kittle or Kelce but there are few of those.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Here’s two games. I challenge anyone to go through there and give me the time stamp of where he’s a difference making blocking TE, or doing something Fergy or even McKeon couldn’t do.

Well, so far against MSU, I see him try and make a wham block on a guy that blew by the center and the play was blown up. Next two run plays he got good pop inlinline but did not sustain. An a goal line TD, he blocked a S at the poa. Next run play he turns the DE at the poa on a short yardage 3rd down play.

That is as far as I have gotten so far. He definitely needs to work on his sustain but he does get push when he fires off the line. What really impressed me was his feet and punch in pass protection. He takes on DE which bodes well.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Well, so far against MSU, I see him try and make a wham block on a guy that blew by the center and the play was blown up. Next two run plays he got good pop inlinline but did not sustain. An a goal line TD, he blocked a S at the poa. Next run play he turns the DE at the poa on a short yardage 3rd down play.

That is as far as I have gotten so far. He definitely needs to work on his sustain but he does get push when he fires off the line. What really impressed me was his feet and punch in pass protection. He takes on DE which bodes well.
We talkin about blocking TE with the 2nd round pick? You get that on day 3 fam