3-2 isn’t surprising

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Understand the state you just described is the worse state to be in the NFL. It means we are not good enough to to the SB and not bad enough to get a top pick. I’d rather be very very good or very very bad.

This time 5000 freakin' thousand!

It's like we're in a perpetual state of purgatory. Maybe not the 8-8 variety that we were in some 5+ seasons ago, but the 10-6 kind when you may win the WC round but lose in the divisional round.

Big whoopie. I'm tired of that folks, it's our time now, no?? We deserve it. Wake me up when our defense is good enough to take us to the NFC Championship game.

... notice I left Dak alone for once. Lol.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Sensible post. Although it’s disappointing because many of us want better this season.

All that being said. If the cowboys win the next two before the bye (very possible). They will be in the drivers seat of the division still at just about the halfway point.

It’s not all bad.

Just a frustrating couple of weeks.

Obviously, winning the division is the first goal of the season.

...but do you think this team and/or coaching staff is capable of beating any teams of significance in the playoffs?

I'm not a big fan of just getting by or hoping like heck we get hot at the right time. This team needs something to get them over the hump and we currently don't have it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Some of us warned to put on the brakes after 3-0 start until we faced some tougher opponents.

Now we have a better sense of who we are. Which isn’t all bad. We’re still good enough to dominate average to less than average teams but will struggle against the better teams.

Some we’ll lose and some we’ll win. Up next is one we should win.

We are about where I thought we would be. In a battle for division and fight for a playoff spot. Season is still on Cowboy fans.

You cant sugar coat this one buddy. We got beat by a good team (Saints) and got destroyed at home by a very good team.

This team will NOT have success in the playoffs at this rate. Not happening.

There are for certain 3 teams better than the Cowboys in the NFL:

Rams, Packers, Saints (Brees). Then you have the Seahawks that are most likely better as well.

Philly? We arent sure yet. I just dont see how this team gets to the championship game.

cern

Reaction score
3-2, after starting 3-0 is disgusting. Now the doubt begins to fester. Carbuncles or boils. Does it really matter.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You cant sugar coat this one buddy. We got beat by a good team (Saints) and got destroyed at home by a very good team.

This team will NOT have success in the playoffs at this rate. Not happening.

There are for certain 3 teams better than the Cowboys in the NFL:

Rams, Packers, Saints (Brees). Then you have the Seahawks that are most likely better as well.

Philly? We arent sure yet. I just dont see how this team gets to the championship game.
I don’t expect this team to get to the championship. That would definitely exceed my expectations.

How could anyone expect this dysfunctional organization to reach a championship again unless our talent was that much better?

aria

Reaction score
It’s going to be a challenge.

We must remember that most experts and analysts picked and predicted Egirls would win division so it’s not like it would be an upset or surprise.
To most here it would be, remember all the hysteria and crap talking about the Iggles after our first 3 games? As you mentioned earlier, a lot of us warned about the lack of competition they had played and were scoffed at. Having said that, our team made a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes today and showed who they an be in the second half.

I still think we make the playoffs, split with the Iggles and can compete with anyone.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Understand the state you just described is the worse state to be in the NFL. It means we are not good enough to to the SB and not bad enough to get a top pick. I’d rather be very very good or very very bad.

This, sign me up too be 0-5 and knowing I will get a top pick thru out the draft each round, then to finish 8-8 and picking 18th or 19th.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Obviously, winning the division is the first goal of the season.

...but do you think this team and/or coaching staff is capable of beating any teams of significance in the playoffs?

I'm not a big fan of just getting by or hoping like heck we get hot at the right time. This team needs something to get them over the hump and we currently don't have it.

That’s the disappointing part.

Even if they win the division. They lost to two key NFC opponents. I don’t trust this team to go into Green Bay or New Orleans in the playoffs and win.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
3-2, after starting 3-0 is disgusting. Now the doubt begins to fester. Carbuncles or boils. Does it really matter.

What is hilarious is that I said after our 3-0 start that they better not let up because last time they started 3-0 they missed the playoffs and I was flamed for two days straight for even suggesting this team could miss the playoffs this year.

Well that doesn't sound so far fetched now, does it.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I expect this team to win 6 or 7 games at best they are pretty bad all the way around the defense is soft and the offense is not much better

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not when you consider our first three opponents which many of us warned was premature to anoint this team before playing tougher competition.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I expect this team to win 6 or 7 games at best they are pretty bad all the way around the defense is soft and the offense is not much better
We have several winnable games left with our division and the Jets. And we’ll win a few of the tougher games. Bills, Lions are winnable. Maybe Minn or Chi. And possibly split with Phil.

Unfortunately we are playing a 1st place schedule, the AFC East and what’s considered the toughest division at least thus far in NFC North.

Some of us warned this brutal schedule could limit expectations this season. It’s why most experts and analysts didn’t pick us to win division placing us as somewhere between 4th and 7th best team in NFC.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I don’t expect this team to get to the championship. That would definitely exceed my expectations.

How could anyone expect this dysfunctional organization to reach a championship again unless our talent was that much better?

How much talent do we need? We have one of the most if not the most talented roster in the NFL.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Not when you consider our first three opponents which many of us warned was premature to anoint this team before playing tougher competition.

So its no surprise to you now that this team cant beat anybody over .500?

Funny, I remember you calling me a troll for pointing out the last time the team started 3-0 they didnt make the playoffs so they better not let up.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
OP always trying to lower expectations so Garrett looks better.

Its Diehards MO.................he likes to talk a big game and call out other posters, but when things go south he quickly lowers expectations so it doesn't look so bad for his boy.

I mean, the dude literally called me a troll the other day for even suggesting this team could miss the playoffs after a 3-0 start. Now he is on this board trying to tell everybody that he never expected to beat the good teams this year. Its laughable how transparent he is.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How much talent do we need? We have one of the most if not the most talented roster in the NFL.
Obviously we are still weak on DL and up the middle specifically on defense .

And our OL is aging, often injured and over rated. And we don’t have an Elite QB.

In Cap era with rare exception usually need either an Elite prolific passer or a top Generational defense. We have neither .

Noclaf

Reaction score
I’m hopeful for 10-6.

I think 5-2 is a good goal at the Bye. Then come out and beat NY before we begin brutal stretch in week 10 where 5-3 would probably be a good finish.

Reasonable realistic expectations.
they will be lucky to go 8-8 I'm seeing 6-10

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Obviously we are still weak on DL and up the middle specifically on defense .

And our OL is aging, often injured and over rated. And we don’t have an Elite QB.

In Cap era with rare exception usually need either an Elite prolific passer or a top Generational defense. We have neither .

Amazing how you blame Dak because he isnt Elite, but you support Garrett.

How incredibly strange is that? LOL

Dak is plenty good enough and putting up all the stats now.

Other than DT and safety, this team has everything it needs. With a real HC it should be competing now for a championship.