Quentin Nelson
Denzel Ward
Josh Jackson
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Tremaine Edmunds
Roquan Smith
Kolton Miller
Derwin James

These 18 are off the board. Who is your pick for the Cowboys? No trading.

I feel pretty confident that Ridley, Jackson and Kolton Miller will not be gone by 19.

Yes, I said Ridley.

RandyOh

Reaction score
To me the pick is between Harold Landry, Mike Hughes or Will Hernandez.
Hernandez being the safest pick left with Landry and Hughes having the highest potential at premier defensive positions.
I would not be upset with Landry at 19. Even if just a situational pass rusher in our scheme.

tm1119

Reaction score
I feel pretty confident that Ridley, Jackson and Kolton Miller will not be gone by 19.

Yes, I said Ridley.

A: it’s a hypothetical, just answer the damn question
B: What other 3 players do you feel confident will go before 19 that I didn’t list?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Why not Moore?
No where near the 19th best player. He's talented. He tested well. His tape is good but against questionable talent. Position isn't highest priority need. Plus, the draft is loaded with 2&3 round receiving talent.

Soonerman1

Reaction score
Sam Darnold
Josh Rosen
Josh Allen
Baker Mayfield
Bradley Chubb
Saquan Barkley
Marcus Davenport
Vita Vea
DaRon Payne
Calvin Ridley
Quentin Nelson
Denzel Ward
Josh Jackson
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Tremaine Edmunds
Roquan Smith
Kolton Miller
Derwin James

These 18 are off the board. Who is your pick for the Cowboys? No trading.
I would take either Derwin James, VV/Payne, Or Ridley. holy crap, I forgot grandpa Jerry win week 17 and we lost 3 spots where some of those would have been an option

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
At that point trade back into early20s, hopeing someone wants to come up for Jackson.
Think 2nd and 3rd rounds will be loaded this year.

tm1119

Reaction score
At that point trade back into early20s, hopeing someone wants to come up for Jackson.
Think 2nd and 3rd rounds will be loaded this year.

Nope. Trade back isn’t an option. Have to pick someone

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For those that claim player A or B should not be taken because you believe the are a second rounder. You might want to clarify they are a second round pick that will be there with our second round pick.

Another thing to consider.. Chances are at 19 all the players they have listed on their board as a 1st rounder will be gone. Very good chance the player they pick will be a second rounder.

With all of that said and according to the list provided....

Wynn
Hughes
Hernandez
MCGlinchey
DJ Moore

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Will Hernandez

The reason for this is because our LG position has a pretty large hole in it. So, why not get one of the best guards in the draft? I'd go either Hernandez or Wynn, but I prefer Hernandez. The point is, he would fill the void of LG that we've had since Leary left (though, Cooper did fill in admirably). Hernandez gives us sheer power at the LG position which will allows our oline to sweep helpless dlinemen out of the way resulting in our running game becoming so lethal that we can run it any time and any where on the field that we like.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

Yes, I said Ridley.
I'm not overly impressed with Ridley either. I do hope that some WR desperate team takes him in the top 18 though.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
TE Dallas Goedert........taking the best TE off the table, forcing Witten snap reduction. Along with Beasley, this gives Dak another safety net that can get downfield. This pick can add just as much if not more offensive impact as WR ( still can pick round 3-4 ).

With four of the top five guards still on the table, one should still be 50.

RandyOh

Reaction score
For those that claim player A or B should not be taken because you believe the are a second rounder. You might want to clarify they are a second round pick that will be there with our second round pick.

Another thing to consider.. Chances are at 19 all the players they have listed on their board as a 1st rounder will be gone. Very good chance the player they pick will be a second rounder.

With all of that said and according to the list provided....

Wynn
Hughes
Hernandez
MCGlinchey
DJ Moore
Very well said. Unless someone reaches for an OT and someone really wants Lamar Jackson, we are picking a player with a 2nd round grade.