3/4- Who’s the pick?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Just like everyone is saying their are good day 2 WRs or their are good day 2 DTs just take them in the 2nd rounder 3rd rounds, same can be said for interior linemen. If Green is a waste of a roster spot like most say(which I agree he is) and Cooper is not that much more of an upgrade (which I think people have been playing it up a bit to justify their love of Wynn or Hernandez) then a 2nd or 3rd round OG is still very much an upgrade to what we have at Guard right?

Also we will not be going into the draft without someone who can start at LG. Either Cooper or a vet like Josh Sitton who is a starter quality guard will be signed. Our FO does some questionable things but they are not total morons

Counterpoint, I have a receiver in mind (which I've mentioned for the last few days) for round 2 or 3 (assuming he can make it to 3). As for DT, I have a friend of mine from college who's in draft who would be amazing for us to get. I still think Hernandez would be magnificent as would Wynn.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Randy, darth, and Dylan must be getting paid by DJ Moores agent:lmao2:

I honestly love that you guys are holding strong though.
I just dont see it at 19...at all.
But if you do, go for it

DFWJC

Reaction score
Ridley sort of reminds me of a Treadwell type of player. Highest rated receiver that should go in a later round.
I think there's a chance that this years WR class has a ton of guys that stick and contribute, but none (or maybe Ridley) that are 1st round talent

It just seems like a 2nd/3rd round year for WRs value-wise
I've been wrong before though

RandyOh

Reaction score
Randy, darth, and Dylan must be getting paid by DJ Moores agent:lmao2:

I honestly love that you guys are holding strong though.
I just dont see it at 19...at all.
But if you do, go for it
Nah i have about 7 defensive players i want ahead of Moore. Just not going to sit back and say lets just take the OG cause its safe. Playing it safe is a very Jason Garret like thing to do and why we are now below teams like the Jags, Titans, and Eagles.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Nah i have about 7 defensive players i want ahead of Moore. Just not going to sit back and say lets just take the OG cause its safe. Playing it safe is a very Jason Garret like thing to do and why we are now below teams like the Jags, Titans, and Eagles.
I'm with you on the remaing OGs.
They look like trade down or 2nd round trade up worthy. Not so sure about 19

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Safe in the first couple of rounds is the very correct thing to do

RandyOh

Reaction score
I'm with you on the remaing OGs.
They look like trade down or 2nd round trade up worthy. Not so sure about 19
We really are picking in no mans land this year. lack of players truly worthy of a 1st round grade is gonna cause players with 2nd round grades to get drafted earlier then people think. In past drafts picking in the top 20 would just about guarantee you get a first round player. a 2nd round talent taken at 19 is gonna play with people heads this year.

And I agree. Wynn and Hernandez are early and mid day 2 prospects who might sneak into the end of the first.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
Nah i have about 7 defensive players i want ahead of Moore.
I have 6 defensive players I would take ahead of him.
  1. Derwin James
  2. Vita Vea
  3. Minkah Fitzpatrick
  4. Tremaine Edmunds
  5. Roquan Smith
  6. Bradley Chubb
  7. D.J. Moore

RandyOh

Reaction score
You could talk me into it.
Payne is a hard one to talk people into due to his lack of production. I see a 20 year old with the size and strength to take on blocks and stop the run. As well as the athleticism and length to become a much better pass rusher. Its more about giving the best 4-3 dline coach in football a young talent with the tools to develop into some thing great.

Funny enough it seems to be easier to talk people into a 20 year old 1 tech lacking in college production from a major program at 19 Then it is a productive 21 year old WR who jumped over so many hurdles in his career that has the size, hands, explosive athleticism, route running, and fight to continue developing into a great offensive weapon. Oh well :confused:

DiResta

Reaction score
I don’t see taking another interior lineman in the 1st having a big impact on the wins column. Is it the safe way to go? Sure Wynn or Hernandez will do their job at a high level and neither look like busts. Its why I see them as prospects im not pounding the table for but wouldn’t be mad if we took them either but, you can’t play it safe all the time. We are already going to play it safe during free agency. Playing it completely safe in the draft as well is not going to lead to anything better then a 2nd round exit in the playoffs.
i think i want to go with a safer pick because Taco was not really ready to start plus all the talk for drafting a #2 wr that wont be much impact if any leaves me unwilling to take the risk on a 1st round pick
a guy like Wynn starts day 1 and plays 95% of the snaps
that lets you use a average guy like Cooper and swing guard + center. thats huge for the Cowboys

but reality is someone could slide and i hope its Derwin.
Esch was looked at as a mid 2nd rounder 2 weeks ago but now he might be the guy to take at 19 if you want him

DiResta

Reaction score
Just like everyone is saying their are good day 2 WRs or their are good day 2 DTs just take them in the 2nd rounder 3rd rounds, same can be said for interior linemen. If Green is a waste of a roster spot like most say(which I agree he is) and Cooper is not that much more of an upgrade (which I think people have been playing it up a bit to justify their love of Wynn or Hernandez) then a 2nd or 3rd round OG is still very much an upgrade to what we have at Guard right?

Also we will not be going into the draft without someone who can start at LG. Either Cooper or a vet like Josh Sitton who is a starter quality guard will be signed. Our FO does some questionable things but they are not total morons
theres a huge drop from Nelson and another from Wynn and Hernandez though

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I like DJ Moore but at 19 it's a reach and theres no denying that. I wouldnt be upset if ge was the pick there. I would go Evans in the 1st and possibly Cain or EQSB in the second, may be even Chark

Creeper

Reaction score
First, I need to know what they did in free agency. But let's assume they did nothing except sign a couple of guys from the K-Mart chopping list. Then I would pick Wynn or Hernandez and fill the OG spot. I think both of these guys will be quality starters in the NFL and OG is a huge need for Dallas.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Preach it!!
We couldn't have played worse, these guys are professionals no matter how much you hate the team. You couldn't have laid down worse then Philly did in that game. You wanna make this sport a bigger farce then people already thing professional sports is, lay down and try less against a team that isn't trying. I am sick of seeing this crap being posted as logical and within reason.

Verdict

Reaction score
We couldn't have played worse, these guys are professionals no matter how much you hate the team. You couldn't have laid down worse then Philly did in that game. You wanna make this sport a bigger farce then people already thing professional sports is, lay down and try less against a team that isn't trying. I am sick of seeing this crap being posted as logical and within reason.

What you are posting by doesn't make a lot of sense. The team who wanted to lose more lost. We are drafting three spots lower as a result. We couldn't even lose right. That win cost us 3 draft spots ----in seven rounds.