3 fatal front office flaws

Diehardblues

Reaction score
His image of himself. As long as I don’t try to climb this mountain and fail, I can call myself a mountain climber.

Kronke could tell Snead to go all in because he had a fall guy. What GM has been running a franchise for this long with such poor results?

Mike Brown had to do something. The Bengals are not ratings and revenue darlings and his fans were getting fed up with their team, especially when the Browns started making noise.

The Cowboys were the cutest puppy in an ugly litter in the East and as long as that holds he doesn’t feel the need to do anything out of character that might make him ego vulnerable.

This stopped being about money a long time ago, it’s all about one old man’s ego now.
I’m not sure how this would diminish image anymore?

Loso86

Reaction score
As I said besides a few players I would take the Cowboys over those teams

Dalmations202

Reaction score
I have two questions:
1) What is the job/role of the GM.
2) What is the job of the Chief Operating Officer

These two answers will show most of the failure of the team.
Jerry's problem is not keeping the title of GM. It is not doing the job of the GM.
Stephen's problem is not having the title of COO. It is not negotiating contracts that are advantageous to the Dallas Cowboys.

The Cowboys are getting beat by a family atmosphere, professional lawyers taking advantage of oil men, and a lack of discipline where players go around coaches. IE Atmosphere and Ego

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The only image that matters is the one in his mind. Do you think he sees himself or his family like most of us do here?
Of course not. I do think he’s aware . But we do know he responds to public perception . Regardless if we like how he responds .

The bigger point is how could taking risk hurt his image . And what I was responding to.

Do you think taking some risk that don’t work out is a concern to him?

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm starting to think it may not be the worst thing in the world that the cap situation is forcing us to cut ties with certain players.

Maybe they will knock it off with the ridiculous hamstringing structures for players Jerry wants to be liked by because they have no choice.

Then maybe by the time Payton takes over and institutes some reason into the whole situation as far as culture.....we maybe have half a shot for a year or two between the time Parsons and Diggs need to be paid and when we are looking for a new QB.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course not. I do think he’s aware . But we do know he responds to public perception . Regardless if we like how he responds .

The bigger point is how could taking risk hurt his image . And what I was responding to.

Do you think taking some risk that don’t work out is a concern to him?
Yes, I think it is all how it looks to him. I think his ego is that fragile.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm starting to think it may not be the worst thing in the world that the cap situation is forcing us to cut ties with certain players.

Maybe they will knock it off with the ridiculous hamstringing structures for players Jerry wants to be liked by because they have no choice.

Then maybe by the time Payton takes over and institutes some reason into the whole situation as far as culture.....we maybe have half a shot for a year or two between the time Parsons and Diggs need to be paid and when we are looking for a new QB.
I wouldn't be putting too much hope in Payton riding in to save the day. First off, he is highly overrated and no one but family gets control of that team. Booger is not about to subrogate his ego to any HC.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I wouldn't be putting too much hope in Payton riding in to save the day. First off, he is highly overrated and no one but family gets control of that team. Booger is not about to subrogate his ego to any HC.
I know it....it's grasping at straws but I don't see many other avenues that offer hope.

These guys are a long way off from admitting that change just may be a good thing.

Really...is Jerry gonna be talking to the media all through his 80s? At what point do we at least shed ourselves of that embarrassment?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know it....it's grasping at straws but I don't see many other avenues that offer hope.

These guys are a long way off from admitting that change just may be a good thing.

Really...is Jerry gonna be talking to the media all through his 80s? At what point do we at least shed ourselves of that embarrassment?
Not until he's toes up. He's a celeb addict.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

We won’t . At least not until there’s no breath or mind left.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The problem in Dallas isnt on the field. Its ABOVE THE FIELD.
Yes, which effects the on field.

But we still don’t have enough on the field. If you believe we do then you are buying the above the field rhetoric.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yes, which effects the on field.

But we still don’t have enough on the field. If you believe we do then you are buying the above the field rhetoric.
Oh no. We need OL help, DL help, and mental help. For continuing to follow this team expecting different results lol.

In all honesty. If we fix the trenches. We are in better shape than most believe. That window is closing quickly though.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Oh no. We need OL help, DL help, and mental help. For continuing to follow this team expecting different results lol.

In all honesty. If we fix the trenches. We are in better shape than most believe. That window is closing quickly though.
All fine. McCarthy said he will fix the penalties.

He also told everyone he knows how to lead a team through an NFL postseason.

One foot in the grave, the other on a banana peel.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The problem in Dallas isnt on the field. Its ABOVE THE FIELD.
That's the true frustrating part.

Losing because we just stink and can't get good players would be one thing....losing because a real coaching staff may threaten Jerry's ego and need to be a star is maddening.

phildadon86

Reaction score
All fine. McCarthy said he will fix the penalties.

He also told everyone he knows how to lead a team through an NFL postseason.

One foot in the grave, the other on a banana peel.
If my HC told the media that he was going to work on penalties in the offseason. He would have been out the door before he got back to his office.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Speaking of the process of grief and loss as it relates to Cowboys fans

1. Denial - "We were one and done this year, but next year NFC Championship Game - babeeee!!!":flagwave:
2. Anger - "We're one and done - AGAIN!":mad:
3. Bargaining - "Pleaseeeeee! If we can break the one-and-done jinx, I'll give up smoking, drinking AND cheating.":thumbup:
4. Depression - "We're one and done - AGAIN!" :(
5. Acceptance - "One and done? Been there, done that. 26 years and counting."