3 lost fumbles - 3 ints by the QB = 1-3

Proof

Reaction score
if he had any pocket awareness and wasn't a slow reader these turnovers would be limited.

They are limited you dolt. He's fresh off the longest streak w/ out throwing a pick in franchise history. With the line they have though, the pace their playing, and the amount of dropbacks he's been asked to do, it's just law of averages

Ken

Reaction score
I'm not crazy to think Dak is fully to blame but his turnovers were at critical points in the game.

The team is a league worst minus-7 turnover ratio after four games and Dak has a lot of that blame.

Zeke doesnt get a pass with his 2 fumbles lost.

The 2 leaders on the team are making critical errors and we as fans wonder why Cowboys are 1-3
Two of the Ints ended games. 3 fumbles by a qb happens, particularly when you are starting two undrafted tackles and dropping back to pass, by far, the most in the league.

Same with the ints. It is actually a small number, all things considered.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
I'm not crazy to think Dak is fully to blame but his turnovers were at critical points in the game.

The team is a league worst minus-7 turnover ratio after four games and Dak has a lot of that blame.

The 2 leaders on the team are making critical errors and we as fans wonder why Cowboys are 1-3

For everyone that is butt hurt right now and wants to defend player's turnovers...

ANY TURNOVER THAT RESULTS IN POINTS IS BAD.

This makes Zeke's turnovers slightly worse than Dak's as they have all led to points. Dak getting the ball swatted out of his hands is partially his fault, but can be shared with the swiss cheese line we have in place. Fun times.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

Dak is the reason the team had chances to win. Yes his turnovers are his fault he throws the ball. But its that much harder to complete when a team knows you have to throw. When ur scoring 30+ points every game u expect to win. The defense is 100% why this team is 1-3.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
it's not even the turnover themselves as much as it is the timing. It's one thing to fumble in the 1st q and then have another one in the 4th q. But when they come in a series of drives right after another, it demoralizes the team and especially the D. I don't really hold the end of game interceptions against Dak as much as I do the fumbles. And it seems if Dak fumbles, you can count on Zeke fumbling on the next series. Both these guys have to increase their focus and not put the team behind the 8 ball like they have several times this year.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think you need to try rewriting that...unless that's all you meant to say.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If you're throwing it over 50 times a game, you are FOR SURE going to have a few picks.
The 3 lost fumbles already is a bit of a problem though.

The TOTAL DIFFERENTIAL is really the bottom line.

Right now Dak has 12 Total TDs and 6 Total turnovers.
That +6 after 4 games is actually pretty good.....certainly, top 10.

cowboyec

Reaction score
well what the hell does missed tackles,poor run defense,busted coverages,no real pressure on the QB,bad kick-returns =.....this new math confuses the hell out of me.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score

We have to protect the ball better and that starts with the players that handle it the most: Dak and Zeke.

Still not as big a problem as the defense though you’re not wrong. It’s still a big problem we have to correct.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
If you're throwing it over 50 times a game, you are FOR SURE going to have a few picks.
The 3 lost fumbles already is a bit of a problem though.

The TOTAL DIFFERENTIAL is really the bottom line.

Right now Dak has 12 Total TDs and 6 Total turnovers.
That +6 after 4 games is actually pretty good.....certainly, top 10.

Yep. Throwing the ball 50-60 times a game is a recipe for consistently turning the ball over. This is one of the obvious reasons why teams would prefer to not throw the ball this much. It’s nice to know Dak can sling it if he has to but we need balance and we need to stop turning the ball over like we are until the defense can hopefully improve enough to become a rusty revolving door instead of a well oiled one.

Bigdog

Reaction score
107 points given up in those 3 losses. . .
Of those 107 points 28 of them were after Dak and Zeke fumbled the ball but to put the blame on Dak and Zeke for the losses is pretty stupid. Yes they have made mistakes but this defense is absolutely horrendous. Dak has to play a perfect game even for the Cowboys to be in contention to have a chance to win. Nobody can do that.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Gotta scale Dak's turnovers by #attempts. INTs still only 1.5%. That's good. Given the jailbreaks against Donald, and with Steele at RT, the fumbles aren't that bad, although not good.

He's averaging 50 attempts a game, 201 for the season. That's more like 6 games of normal QB play. They're not perfect machines. There will be an error rate, and that rate usually goes *up* when they have to throw more per game. Dak's has not.

All in all, I say Dak has protected the ball better than should be expected from the load he's carried.

jnday

Reaction score
This is so disingenuous. QBs fumble sometimes when pressure is unblocked, happens.

One INT was on, more or less, a Hail Mary. On another, the WR stopped his route.

Does the team need to protect the ball better, yes, but it's not like Dak has been the problem in that regard.
No, Dak has not been the entire problem. Dak’s biggest failures have come from waiting until the game is over before he starts to play ball. He puts up the most meaningless stats in the league. Of course they come after the game is out of reach. Dak was also a slow starter last year. I think his biggest fault is his inconsistent play. For three quarters he is bad, but he sure can stack up meaningless stats in the 4th quarter.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Gotta scale Dak's turnovers by #attempts. INTs still only 1.5%. That's good. Given the jailbreaks against Donald, and with Steele at RT, the fumbles aren't that bad, although not good.

He's averaging 50 attempts a game, 201 for the season. That's more like 6 games of normal QB play. They're not perfect machines. There will be an error rate, and that rate usually goes *up* when they have to throw more per game. Dak's has not.

All in all, I say Dak has protected the ball better than should be expected from the load he's carried.

Damn straight.

But not in the fantasy world of the board trolls.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Even Homersville USA gets it:

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ys-might-have-the-worst-defense-in-the-league

Maybe you should too?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you want your quarterback to make even LESS mistakes and play a flawless but unrealistic game how about you tell the defense and special teams to stop putting him in a hole to begin with? The more you throw the more prone to turnovers you are. If you don't want turnovers then stop throwing it 60 times a game and start playing some defense.

You guys want this perfect quarterback that never turns the ball over but don't want to even give him even a DECENT defense that would allow him to play less risky.

The same thing they did to Romo. The defense sucks but if the quarterback doesn't secure on every drive, it's 'his fault'. Thinking any deeper hurts the brains of the less intelligent.