3 lost fumbles - 3 ints by the QB = 1-3

Blackspider214

Reaction score
If you want your quarterback to make even LESS mistakes and play a flawless but unrealistic game how about you tell the defense and special teams to stop putting him in a hole to begin with? The more you throw the more prone to turnovers you are. If you don't want turnovers then stop throwing it 60 times a game and start playing some defense.

You guys want this perfect quarterback that never turns the ball over but don't want to even give him even a DECENT defense that would allow him to play less risky.

Everyone expects this offense and QB to play 100% perfect. And you know what, it pretty much has to for even a chance to win. The defense and special teams contributes NONE. Nada. Not even an ounce of help.

The special teams single handedly turned that Seattle game when they fumbled the ball at the one and then a safety and Seattle gets the ball back. Another special teams blunder against Cleveland where we start at the 4. But of course, they get zero blame. Pats on the back and this offense takes the blame.

When you ask your offense to have to score in the 40s time and time again to win, that is not a recipe for success.

I quiver at how low IQ so many of our fans are.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
The same thing they did to Romo. The defense sucks but if the quarterback doesn't secure on every drive, it's 'his fault'. Thinking any deeper hurts the brains of the less intelligent.

Yet Romo is still proclaimed at so great by so many of these fans. They made excuses FOR him and blamed the defense. Yet for Dak, they blame him and make excuses for the defense. This thread is evidence of that.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Everyone expects this offense and QB to play 100% perfect. And you know what, it pretty much has to for even a chance to win. The defense and special teams contributes NONE. Nada. Not even an ounce of help.

The special teams single handedly turned that Seattle game when they fumbled the ball at the one and then a safety and Seattle gets the ball back. Another special teams blunder against Cleveland where we start at the 4. But of course, they get zero blame. Pats on the back and this offense takes the blame.

When you ask your offense to have to score in the 40s time and time again to win, that is not a recipe for success.

I quiver at how low IQ so many of our fans are.

Our fanbase is astoundingly infantile and stupid.

I assume it’s par for the course in most, if not all fan bases but I’ll say this....as a UNC fan, Hurricanes fan, and Braves fan, this fan base takes the stupid to another level that I don’t see in fan bases of the other teams I like.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yet Romo is still proclaimed at so great by so many of these fans. They made excuses FOR him and blamed the defense. Yet for Dak, they blame him and make excuses for the defense. This thread is evidence of that.

So you're claiming that Romo had good defenses then?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The same thing they did to Romo. The defense sucks but if the quarterback doesn't secure on every drive, it's 'his fault'. Thinking any deeper hurts the brains of the less intelligent.
I don’t even mind someone doing this as long as they are consistent. I could just agree to disagree with them. The problem is many people will excuse one QB while blaming the other. So they show the ability to think a little deeper but only if they choose to do so. The double standards are a plenty when discussing the Cowboys QBs.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t even mind someone doing this as long as they are consistent. I could just agree to disagree with them. The problem is many people will excuse one QB while blaming the other. So they show the ability to think a little deeper but only if they choose to do so. The double standards are a plenty when discussing the Cowboys QBs.

They're grinding axes, nothing more. And looking stupid while doing it. Anyone that points a finger anywhere else other than the worst defense in the league is showing one of two things:
  • They're mad at the quarterback because he hasn't accepted whatever the Cowboys offered him on a long term contract.
  • They have no clue what they're watching on Sundays.
And in that case, who really cares what they think?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I'm not crazy to think Dak is fully to blame but his turnovers were at critical points in the game.

The team is a league worst minus-7 turnover ratio after four games and Dak has a lot of that blame.

Zeke doesnt get a pass with his 2 fumbles lost.

The 2 leaders on the team are making critical errors and we as fans wonder why Cowboys are 1-3

What would you have proposed Dak do on the Garrett strip sack exactly?

Also did you actually watch Dak's INT intended for Cooper at the goaline?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Dak is on pace to shatter the pass attempte record.... and they are surprised that turnovers are going to follow?

Dak is only 11th in INT %, tied with..... MVP favorite Russell Wilson.

We HAVE TO BE SMARTER on these forums. It's like strictly looking at sacks and saying a player is bad because he doesn't have enough. It's very stupid! There is all this information available, USE IT!

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Of those 107 points 28 of them were after Dak and Zeke fumbled the ball but to put the blame on Dak and Zeke for the losses is pretty stupid. Yes they have made mistakes but this defense is absolutely horrendous. Dak has to play a perfect game even for the Cowboys to be in contention to have a chance to win. Nobody can do that.

Exactly. How many opportunities has the offense had after our defense forced a turnover? It goes both ways. The field position game is absurdly one-sided because the defense can't stop anyone....and the offense is STILL putting up huge points! Anyone...and I mean ANYONE that puts the blame on the offense just doesn't know football.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
They are limited you dolt. He's fresh off the longest streak w/ out throwing a pick in franchise history. With the line they have though, the pace their playing, and the amount of dropbacks he's been asked to do, it's just law of averages
limited with stat prescott's slow reads and no pocket awareness. stat prescott slobber

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry threw out a lot of hints today on 105.3 the fan. He is not convinced on Dak. I don’t blame him. One game of mistake free football might help.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
limited with stat prescott's slow reads and no pocket awareness. stat prescott slobber

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Speaking of slobbering, the toddlers have broken out of the sandbox again!!

I think this one needs his diapey changed lmao. He stinks.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It’s 2 lost fumbles. Not 3.

Yes Dak needs to protect the ball better. But placing all the blame on the QB is asinine. We have the worst defense EVER after 4 games.

EVER

IN NFL HISTORY.

come on people
its 3 and all 3 lost

https://www.nfl.com/players/dak-prescott/stats/

btw RW has zero lost fumbles been sacked 11 times thats 2 more then Dak ,
is 4-0 with horrid defense as well..

why Luck? no hes simply better his YPA is #1 4 less TOS on more sacks and bad defense

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

Speaking of slobbering, the toddlers have broken out of the sandbox again!!

I think this one needs his diapey changed lmao. He stinks.
learn the rules here, if you can't discuss a post without insults, maybe you need to find a kiddie forum.

blueblood70

Reaction score
6 turnovers from the QB in 4 games is way too many. And people here make fun of Wentz. Dak is just as bad. When is the last time Dak went on the road and beat a good team? Hahahaha
btw RW has zero lost fumbles been sacked 11 times thats 2 more then Dak ,
is 4-0 with horrid defense as well..

why Luck? no hes simply better his YPA is #1 4 less TOS on more sacks and bad defense