3 lost fumbles - 3 ints by the QB = 1-3

blueblood70

Reaction score
No arguments from me. Wilson is light years better. He only gets 36 million a year and Dak wants over 40 million. Um no.
wouldn't say light years but that alone makes the difference RW been under just as much duress , Run game isnt tops , and defense sux, he makes a difference making less mistakes and bigger plays under the same conditions..

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Week 1 - the much maligned defense gave up seven second half points. They had us up 14-13. Daks offense scored 3 points second half.

Last week - Daks offense puts up 0 points second and third quarters. We’re up 14-7.... then the score becomes 38-17.

you want to credit him with coming back? Fine... what happened in the middle of the game? While the browns were scoring every possession dak couldn’t muster up one td drive. It’s easy to look at his end of the game stats and say he played great.... but did he really? I think it was an above average game... nothing more

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I haven't been able to watch any of the games, but I think most of Dak's turnovers have been early, haven't they?

second quarter last week, 2nd and beginning of the 3rd the week before in Seattle. Both times they have come when the score is close and they happen. It kills any momentum the offense has and absolutely shreds the defense who is already struggling but now gets thrown on the field to defend a short field. You watch the Seattle games it’s really glaring because the game just swung on the turnover right before the end of the first half - we were driving down the field and have a chance to go into the half with the lead and we would be getting the ball back to start the second half. Boom, fumbles the ball and the Seahawks score. Then we come out after the half and the first drive another fumble.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Everyone expects this offense and QB to play 100% perfect. And you know what, it pretty much has to for even a chance to win. The defense and special teams contributes NONE. Nada. Not even an ounce of help.

The special teams single handedly turned that Seattle game when they fumbled the ball at the one and then a safety and Seattle gets the ball back. Another special teams blunder against Cleveland where we start at the 4. But of course, they get zero blame. Pats on the back and this offense takes the blame.

When you ask your offense to have to score in the 40s time and time again to win, that is not a recipe for success.

I quiver at how low IQ so many of our fans are.
Man....I agree 100%. I’ve said it time and time again....our fanbase is just dumb.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The same thing they did to Romo. The defense sucks but if the quarterback doesn't secure on every drive, it's 'his fault'. Thinking any deeper hurts the brains of the less intelligent.
Yep. It pains me to watch teams win games with their quarterback sucking. Romo never got the luxury of having good field position and Dak looks to have to fight the same way.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
second quarter last week, 2nd and beginning of the 3rd the week before in Seattle. Both times they have come when the score is close and they happen. It kills any momentum the offense has and absolutely shreds the defense who is already struggling but now gets thrown on the field to defend a short field. You watch the Seattle games it’s really glaring because the game just swung on the turnover right before the end of the first half - we were driving down the field and have a chance to go into the half with the lead and we would be getting the ball back to start the second half. Boom, fumbles the ball and the Seahawks score. Then we come out after the half and the first drive another fumble.
I watched Brady throw a pick 6 and they win. We have to be mindful of what we are asking of Dak here. We are basically saying play flawless but bail the defense and specials out.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, Dak has not been the entire problem. Dak’s biggest failures have come from waiting until the game is over before he starts to play ball. He puts up the most meaningless stats in the league. Of course they come after the game is out of reach. Dak was also a slow starter last year. I think his biggest fault is his inconsistent play. For three quarters he is bad, but he sure can stack up meaningless stats in the 4th quarter.
Bs. He had 200 yards and 2 touchdowns in the first half of last game.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Man....I agree 100%. I’ve said it time and time again....our fanbase is just dumb.

the only way what you said makes sense is if you operate with the idea that not turning the ball over is somehow “perfect playing” - no you can play like garbage and not the turn the ball over, or like a few weeks ago have Russel Wilson not turn the ball over. Or the one game we won where Matt Ryan did not play perfectly but he also didn’t turn the ball over. You Dak fanatics act like turning the ball over is normal and we should totally overlook it. Well if simply asking Dak to not turn the ball over is “perfect play” then aren’t you folks demanding the defense be perfect after the offense coughs up the ball and expects the defense to defend a short field?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not crazy to think Dak is fully to blame but his turnovers were at critical points in the game.

The team is a league worst minus-7 turnover ratio after four games and Dak has a lot of that blame.

Zeke doesnt get a pass with his 2 fumbles lost.

The 2 leaders on the team are making critical errors and we as fans wonder why Cowboys are 1-3

Dak is not responsible for his turnovers its Connor's fault......:omg:

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Week 1 - the much maligned defense gave up seven second half points. They had us up 14-13. Daks offense scored 3 points second half.

Last week - Daks offense puts up 0 points second and third quarters. We’re up 14-7.... then the score becomes 38-17.

you want to credit him with coming back? Fine... what happened in the middle of the game? While the browns were scoring every possession dak couldn’t muster up one td drive. It’s easy to look at his end of the game stats and say he played great.... but did he really? I think it was an above average game... nothing more
Lol garbage stats

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I watched Brady throw a pick 6 and they win. We have to be mindful of what we are asking of Dak here. We are basically saying play flawless but bail the defense and specials out.

Yea and you watched Matt Ryan not throw a pick a few weeks ago and lose. The difference is that more often than not you turn the ball over you will lose if your team loses the turnover battle, you turn the ball over enough the odds are not in your favor that you will win. Does it happen? Sure, is it the exception? Absolutely

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
the only way what you said makes sense is if you operate with the idea that not turning the ball over is somehow “perfect playing” - no you can play like garbage and not the turn the ball over, or like a few weeks ago have Russel Wilson not turn the ball over. Or the one game we won where Matt Ryan did not play perfectly but he also didn’t turn the ball over. You Dak fanatics act like turning the ball over is normal and we should totally overlook it. Well if simply asking Dak to not turn the ball over is “perfect play” then aren’t you folks demanding the defense be perfect after the offense coughs up the ball and expects the defense to defend a short field?
If you want to make a point about not playing perfect and winning I’m not sure if using teams that played this crappy defense is the way to do it.

If you want to use Dak’s turnovers as the reason why the defense sucks that’s fine but one or two short field for the defense doesn’t justify giving up 35-40 points a game.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yea and you watched Matt Ryan not throw a pick a few weeks ago and lose. The difference is that more often than not you turn the ball over you will lose if your team loses the turnover battle, you turn the ball over enough the odds are not in your favor that you will win. Does it happen? Sure, is it the exception? Absolutely
If you lose the turnover battle you will more than likely lose.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
If you lose the turnover battle you will more than likely lose.
Yea and guess what, we lost last week by 11 points, we gave up 14 points that came off turnovers. Week before against Seattle - same thing. In each of these games you take care of the ball you win and gues what, your QB isn’t tossing it 50+ times a game

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm not crazy to think Dak is fully to blame but his turnovers were at critical points in the game.

The team is a league worst minus-7 turnover ratio after four games and Dak has a lot of that blame.

The 2 leaders on the team are making critical errors and we as fans wonder why Cowboys are 1-3
When you come back and you put the team ahead and you give us a chance to win. And the defense can’t make one stop. Don’t dare blame Prescott. He’s doing what he hast to do turnovers a part of the game. Elliot just doesn’t pay attention when he fumbles there’s a difference

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We’re losing for one reason and one reason only. Again it comes down to the scheme coaching. Do you have the best running back in the league. But you don’t use him . And our defense is atrocious.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

We overcame the turnovers. He’s got 35 points you’re supposed to winning this league. Yeah blame the quarterback LMAO