3 lost fumbles - 3 ints by the QB = 1-3

Reid1boys

Reaction score
every offense has turnover and their defense overcomes. makes stops. its an excuse that you are giving a pass to the defense, because hey offense had a turnover...what about all the other times they failed to make a stop..

brady threw a pick 6...yet his team over came....so don't give me the excuse that the offense is causing the defensive problems. against cleveland, first 8 drives, they scored 7 times...make a stop for gawd's sake. they gave up 300 yards rushing....300 YARDS...whose fault is that? which team ever won a game, when their defense gives up over 250 yards rushing?

and if you think the above statement you made is correct, then you are demanding PERFECTION from offense. show me a perfect offense game in game out. I will be waiting.

Cowboys have had 9, NINE give aways, tied for the very most in the ENTIRE NFL. You can stop waiting. That says all you need to know.

Loso86

Reaction score
I'm not crazy to think Dak is fully to blame but his turnovers were at critical points in the game.

The team is a league worst minus-7 turnover ratio after four games and Dak has a lot of that blame.

Zeke doesnt get a pass with his 2 fumbles lost.

The 2 leaders on the team are making critical errors and we as fans wonder why Cowboys are 1-3
Very critical. But the defense not being able to get off the field.....AT ALL is the biggest reason. Yea they got short fields from the turnovers sometimes BUT that just means the other team wouldve driven field longer

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Cowboys have had 9, NINE give aways, tied for the very most in the ENTIRE NFL. You can stop waiting. That says all you need to know.
2 Ints in the last plays of the game, last few seconds of the game. in desparation throws...you want to talk realistic or you just want to throw numbers.

and I find it funny you cherry pick...eagles haver had 9 turnovers too. but lets take a look at the other side...browns defense has had 10. patriots 8, tampa 8, colts 7, on and on and on and on...Cowboys 2...

so you try to cherry pick something....its only fair to cherry pick the other side.

you failed...failed misreably.

and since you seem to like stats. please explain to me how a defense could give up 300 yards rushing and how that's offenses fault?....and explain to me how a defense gives up 4 straight 100+ yards of rushing a game......what chance does any team have of winning if that's how your defense?... come on dude.. you just want to throw stats around or you want to get real!?

what's your agenda?

Last edited:

Stak78

Reaction score
We got 99 problems but Dak ain’t one of them.

Find something else to ***** about.

I loved Romo for the awesome plays he could pull off at times. But Romo could break your heart with interceptions. Dak may not have all the talent that Tony did, but Tony was a lot more careless with the ball. Dak does a great job of not throwing picks. The blind side strips on not on him at all. His last 2 int’s were garbage time. I’m surprised he hasn’t thrown more when we are down big and they know we have to pass.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
A historically bad defense, but sure let’s have another thread about Dak.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
not if the pocket collapses like it has been and he is getting hit from behind....we have an UDFA playing RT...and at one point moved Martin out.

and for years people said, we have this OL and anybody can do this. now we have no OL and he is doing it...and they still complain. hey he didn't score in a quarter!!!

I get that, I also know that Dak knows protection is suspect and will need to get the ball out a bit quicker. I fully understand the situation he faces but he has to deal with it and has to do what he can to avoid it.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I get that, I also know that Dak knows protection is suspect and will need to get the ball out a bit quicker. I fully understand the situation he faces but he has to deal with it and has to do what he can to avoid it.
The fumble this past weekend was 2.77 seconds according to Next Gen Stats and was tied for the 15th fastest sack this year. It's not like he held the ball for a long time. So he can either dink or dunk, play the game with happy feet, or roll out every time we pass if he needs to get every ball delivered quicker than that to avoid being stripped from behind.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree - he isn't competent enough to move this offense
He's moved the offense to the 3rd highest scoring offense in the NFL. And it's not all 4th quarter. In the Browns game the scoring was heavily weighted to the 4th quarter, but that wasn't the case the other 3 games.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I agree, I think some of that needs to fall back on the OC, who worries me. he is inexperienced. too many times he doesn't utilize the whole field and doesn't get the fact that our OL is in disarray, so we have long developing plays and too many down field plays. now, don't get me wrong, I think we need to push down field, but he also has to protect his QB, based on game situation....

and the play calling has been a bit spotty. ala, seattle game in the end, he took 3 shots to the end zone, same side of the field, back to back to back...why? instead of just getting closer, so that we don't end up to heave the ball in a hail mary.....and he kept going to the screen pass, time after time and time after time it failed. was he thinking this time I am going to surprise them?

Kellen is got a lot to learn about being an OC in the league.....

Reid1boys

Reaction score
2 Ints in the last plays of the game, last few seconds of the game. in desparation throws...you want to talk realistic or you just want to throw numbers.

and I find it funny you cherry pick...eagles haver had 9 turnovers too. but lets take a look at the other side...browns defense has had 10. patriots 8, tampa 8, colts 7, on and on and on and on...Cowboys 2...

so you try to cherry pick something....its only fair to cherry pick the other side.

you failed...failed misreably.

and since you seem to like stats. please explain to me how a defense could give up 300 yards rushing and how that's offenses fault?....and explain to me how a defense gives up 4 straight 100+ yards of rushing a game......what chance does any team have of winning if that's how your defense?... come on dude.. you just want to throw stats around or you want to get real!?

what's your agenda?
2014 our defense was weak.... what was our record?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
2014 our defense was weak.... what was our record?
record was 12-4

that defense was respectble. ranked 15th in scoring defense. ranked 19th over all...they had 18 interceptions on the year.....give me that and we would be 4-0 right now. this defense is all time horrid. at this rate we will set and NFL all time record.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
record was 12-4

that defense was respectble. ranked 15th in scoring defense. ranked 19th over all...they had 18 interceptions on the year.....give me that and we would be 4-0 right now. this defense is all time horrid. at this rate we will set and NFL all time record.
They also got take aways and their stats were watered down by giving up garbage time stats.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
record was 12-4

The defense was also aided by a ball control offense that owned TOP and didnt turn it over, which allowed them to be in the middle of the pack and be respectable. This offense has simply not helped the defense but killed the defense. IM under no illusion that this defense is good at the moment, they are in bottom 1/4. but in bottom 2-3 because of the offense.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The defense was also aided by a ball control offense that owned TOP and didnt turn it over, which allowed them to be in the middle of the pack and be respectable. This offense has simply not helped the defense but killed the defense. IM under no illusion that this defense is good at the moment, they are in bottom 1/4. but in bottom 2-3 because of the offense.
That 2014 offense hurt the defense with turnovers. The defense also helped the offense by scoring and proving short fields. Would be happy to list out specifics tomorrow.

What the offense did do well was have a high average time of possession but that defense was better than people give them credit for.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
That 2014 offense hurt the defense with turnovers. The defense also helped the offense by scoring and proving short fields. Would be happy to list out specifics tomorrow.

What the offense did do well was have a high average time of possession but that defense was better than people give them credit for.
25 TOs in 16 games.

We are currently on pace for 36.