3 reasons the F.O. Has leverage on Dak if they have the guts to use it

Creeper

Reaction score
Todd France is not going to respond to ignorant threats. Most likely he’s told the Cowboys, this close to free agency, he and Dak will not be signing any extension at this time. They likely have decided it’s in their best interest to negotiate Dak’s next contract as an unrestricted free agent. It does not mean he won’t sign with the Cowboys. This is more than likely the last player contract Prescott will ever sign. It makes sense to make it what Dak is most comfortable with. It will be somewhere between $50 and $60 million AAV like other top NFL quarterbacks. Jerry Jones can decide if he’s in or out. But the Cowboys will play Dak if they don’t cut him.
The point is still the same. The only leverage Jerry has is the threat of sitting him for an entire season while the Cowboys start looking for another QB. I wouldn't say it is great leverage but it is all they have. And honestly, if the Cowboys have already decided to move on from Dak, they have no choice but to use it. If Todd France thinks he can extort the Cowboys, then the get ready to get screwed.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
yeah i was saying they clearly said they were only interested in "TD's and Bags of Money!!!"..i think the team already has a bad culture losing would just bring it out louder during the season.
Culture....lol

Its pretty simple. If you are winning, everyone is best bros.
If you stink, the locker room is toxic.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The point is still the same. The only leverage Jerry has is the threat of sitting him for an entire season while the Cowboys start looking for another QB. I wouldn't say it is great leverage but it is all they have. And honestly, if the Cowboys have already decided to move on from Dak, they have no choice but to use it. If Todd France thinks he can extort the Cowboys, then the get ready to get screwed.
Do it, because Micah and CD want to play on a 4 and 13 team.

CD will love to negotiate his new long term contract after having a down year and no idea who his QB will be in 2025.

How many sacks will Micha have when they are playing from behind and not with a 20 point lead during the regular season?

Good luck with that.

shabazz

Reaction score
Then why bother to watch?
What does one thing have to do with the other?

A loyal fan should watch their team go through the good times and bad........but they don't have to be delusional about the quality of the teams roster and what the likely outcome will be.

I personally want to see the development of Mazi, Overshown and Brooks as well as the new 2024 draftees. The "new" defense implemented will be another item of note to watch. Dak and McCarthy playing and coaching as lame ducks is yet another reason to watch this present circus

PLENTY of reasons to watch this upcoming "season" :laugh:

Proof

Reaction score
yeah he was really broke at that time, the sleep number bed commercials, and local commercials, Jordan brand didn't want him :rolleyes:
not sure what that has to do with the point. if he “only cares about the bag of cash” there’s zero chance he’d risk injury and future earnings by playing without a new deal and for that little of a paycheck. he would’ve held out. but nope. hope that clears it up for you

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What does one thing have to do with the other?

A loyal fan should watch their team go through the good times and bad........but they don't have to be delusional about the quality of the teams roster and what the likely outcome will be.

I personally want to see the development of Mazi, Overshown and Brooks as well as the new 2024 draftees. The "new" defense implemented will be another item of note to watch. Dak and McCarthy playing and coaching as lame ducks is yet another reason to watch this present circus

PLENTY of reasons to watch this upcoming "season" :laugh:
If you’re already promising a bad season then you must get enjoyment out of watching the team lose. Appears a lot of fans are hoping for a train wreck so the team moves on from Dak and McCarthy and it leads to a top 10 pick. You’ll probably get even more disenchanted with the team watching Mazi because I already have him marked down as a bust. I’m just hoping he’s at least serviceable this season.

conner01

Reaction score
I don’t see any leverage. He plays out and is a FA. He gets paid. We extend him, he gets paid
And he has a no trade clause so I don’t see how the team has any leverage at all

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I don’t see any leverage. He plays out and is a FA. He gets paid. We extend him, he gets paid
And he has a no trade clause so I don’t see how the team has any leverage at all
They dont, but i love all the post saying "Jerry has put his foot down" no Dak's camp has basically said "We will see you in FA" at this point Jerry has no control...

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
one extreme point of leverage would be to draft only defense, then install an offense with lots of called QB runs.

shabazz

Reaction score
If you’re already promising a bad season then you must get enjoyment out of watching the team lose. Appears a lot of fans are hoping for a train wreck so the team moves on from Dak and McCarthy and we earns a top 10 pick. You’ll probably get even more frustrated watching Mazi because I already have him marked down as a bust.
Already a bust? Seriously?.......wow, give the kid more than just one season......but if you've deemed him a bust he may as well just hang the cleats up.

Some of us are patient.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
one extreme point of leverage would be to draft only defense, then install an offense with lots of called QB runs.
we do have Trey Lance...who is also a FA next offseason..lol. "This week on Jerry Jones shows the NFL how to GM!"

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Already a bust? Seriously?.......wow, give the kid more than just one season......but if you've deemed him a bust he may as well just hang the cleats up.

Some of us are patient.
I thought he was borderline terrible. He only got 4 snaps against GB. He was a liability all season. That had him lose a ton of weight to try and speed him up and that didn’t work. Now they want him to gain all the weight back. They have no idea what to do with him. He’ll never live up to his first round draft status. I thought Taco had more potential than this dud. Mazi was an awful pick.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Not really. He played out his entire contract. Many hold out
He has gambled on himself multiple times and won. He easily could have taken the money and not gambled.

Some of you say he only cares about money, then at the same time is he really going to risk injury and potential lose money.

Which one is it? Can't be both.

Motorola

Reaction score
The leverage is no other team will pay him what he values his self as.. would he rather make 40 million in Dallas or 40 Million in Oakland?
The team is in Las Vegas now.

Besides that...the new leadership for the Raiders - GM Tom Telesco and HC Antonio Pierce- have already put in place their path regarding the position.
Signed Gardner Minshew to a 2-year contract to compete with Aidan O'Connell to see who comes out ahead to be QB1 for 2024.
However...they have left the door open to drafting a prospect.
Three scenarios:
a) package their No.13 pick overall with others to swap with the Patriots (whom a number of sources cite they want out their No.3 slot);
b) staying put at No.13 - and see if one of the QB players still on the board is worth a gamble;
c) wait until the 2nd round (No. 44 overall) and judge the candidates still on the board fill their profile to select as their future QB.

Chasing6

Reaction score
yeah i was saying they clearly said they were only interested in "TD's and Bags of Money!!!"..i think the team already has a bad culture losing would just bring it out louder during the season.
Micah only cares about his stats. Every season his priority number 1 is defensive player of the year. When other teammates get a sack he could care less. He actually looks upset about it.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Micah only cares about his stats. Every season his priority number 1 is defensive player of the year. When other teammates get a sack he could care less. He actually looks upset about it.
Agreed but i like Micah so pay him he is great even though he too doesnt show up for playoff games....the double standard some posters have is incredible...if you want Dak gone over his playoff performance then how the hell do you want to keep any of the rest of these players?