3 rebuilds, 3 Super Bowls, while Dallas twiddles its thumbs in the dark

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It is weird isn't it?

We are trash but we beat the Eagles. "OMGz they didn't have popgun Hurts" and his 122 yards vs us...lol. It actually would have hurt them.
You don't hear the busdriver digs with Hurts, I mean, no TDs would be prime material.

Ken

Reaction score
You don't hear the busdriver digs with Hurts, I mean, no TDs would be prime material.
RIGHT because there is no consistency among the idiocy.

He is a TEXT BOOK busdriver.

Anyone who says otherwise has an agenda.

Reactions: G2

foofighters

Reaction score
It is weird isn't it?

We are trash but we beat the Eagles. "OMGz they didn't have popgun Hurts" and his 122 yards vs us...lol. It actually would have hurt them.
and yet, they are going to the SB. Totes weird...

Ken

Reaction score
and yet, they are going to the SB. Totes weird...
It is weird.

Blows up the who "ELITE QBS WINZZZZZZZZZ" narrative around this place.

He is a classic bus driver who has great players all around him. Ya know...thing you guys bashed dak for in 2016.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Those damn Eagles just did it yet again.

Andy Reid built a team with Donovan McNabb and a dominant defense went to the Super Bowl and ruled the division for a good while.

Then it was torn down.

Then Doug Pederson, Carson Wentz, and Nick Foles combined with a stellar defense and beat the mighty Patriots for the Eagles first championship.

Then that was torn down.

Now Nick Siriani, Jalen Hurts, and another stifling defense is in place with a very young roster, and they're headed to a third Super Bowl in 20 years. This group looks to be around for a long, long time, too, and they have a top10 pick waiting in April.

Meanwhile, Dallas continues to fart and fall down every offseason, no longer willing to go after anyone of significance in offseason free agency. It's either the offense is stacked with talent and the defense is a turnstile, or the defense is fairly stout but the offense can't block or lacks weapons.

The Eagles made key offseason moves, and it's paying off. Last year, the Rams did the same and won a Super Bowl. The year before, Tampa did the same and won a Super Bowl with Brady.

Philly now owns this division clearly, and here we are a big pile of gunk that isn't going anywhere anytime soon with this lot.

It's going to take a magical offseason of free agent moves to get this thing tuned for anything of significance going forward. That's hard with limited cap space, a middling QB making $49 million, and a list of players needing new deals. Pollard, CeeDee, Diggs, Micah, and a list of others.

Anything short of some huge signings - and I'm talking about Aaron Rodgers, Daron Payne, DeAndre Hopkins, Javon Hargrave type guys - and this will remain an effort in futitility.

They need to either go for it or blow it up. Because hope isn't a strategy, no matter how much they wish it was.
Great Post !
Its becoming more and more obvious how important the GM position is to a football franchise.
Jerry's lack of ability is becoming glaring now.
Until we get a quality GM we are never sniffing a SB.
That/s just our sad reality.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If you listen to interviews or read articles, it's not hard to Lurie's hands all over their success. His philosophy is really simple, Find the best guy, give him all the tools, and get out of his way but demand excellency.

foofighters

Reaction score
It is weird.

He is a classic bus driver who has great players all around him. Ya know...thing you guys bashed dak for in 2016.
Who's this, "you guys?" Where did I say that? Go ahead, I'll wait...oh and the same about elite QBs win.

Waiting...

kskboys

Reaction score
It is weird.

No, it really doesn't. There are no elite QBs in the NFC at present.

FTWayne

Reaction score
All I know is I read here that dak is the best quarterback in the NFL. I'm not sure why these others teams don't let him win though.

Ken

Reaction score
Who's this, "you guys?" Where did I say that? Go ahead, I'll wait...oh and the same about elite QBs win.

Waiting...
Made the comment in general. Normally people who say what you did believe that.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
MVPs don't throw 2 tds in 4 games down the stretch and playoffs. MVPs Don't get literally carried into the end zone so they can score.

MVPs don't throw for 91 yards in Championship games.

MVP....lol
Man...they won both playoff games scoring 30+ points and routing their opponent. There was literally no need for him to throw more than he did. Don't be dense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jethro thought Dak and Zeke were going to be his salvation. I’ll never forget Jethro’s look when Dak was being announced as our QB. Wish I had a copy of it .

It’s produced nothing more than stardom and creating a relative and interesting revenue stream providing a glimmer of hope .

While we watch other franchises completely build championship caliber teams almost overnight the Cowboys under Jethro and Son continue their ways to no avail. Except at the turnstile.

foofighters

Reaction score
Made the comment in general. Normally people who say what you did believe that.
"You guys are dumb."
"oh, wait...not you..."

Lol, it's just lazy and easy to to lump everyone in instead of actually taking the time to see what's actually there.

garyv

Reaction score
the biggest difference is ownership. The eagles are more aggressive and will get involved more in free agency. We wait
till the dust settles than dumpster dive. Basically a better more aggressive ownership.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Jerry and Stephen are just in over their heads. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Panthers make it back to the NFC Championship Game before the Cowboys do.

Ken

Reaction score
Man...they won both playoff games scoring 30+ points and routing their opponent. There was literally no need for him to throw more than he did. Don't be dense.
He missed every ball downfield he threw.

And when he didnt...it was two yards and less throws.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Eagles have never been afraid to make bold moves with Trades or free agency. The Cowboys have decided that they will tie one hand behind their backs and not sign top tier free agents. There is no way they can keep up with their competition this way. If it's not the Eagles, its the Rams. If not the Rams, the Bucs,. If not the Buc it will be someone else who is a player or two away so they go out and get the players they need. Jerry gets close and he sheds talent because he overpaid Zeke, and Dak, and DLaw and whoever.

Proof

Reaction score
There are actually people in here celebrating that we beat a team going to the SB when they had their backup. They also beat us another game. Can’t wait for the new banner “2022-2023 Beat the Eagles Once and they are in the Super Bowl.” Hang it proudly from the rafters
Come on man, clearly it's more that yes they are in the sb and it sucks, but throwing in the towel is not the move because we're clearly competitive with them.