#34 Darius Jackson

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The only issues he had with his shoulder was a broken collarbone and there wasn't anything seriously wrong with his back. He didn't injure it to where it required surgery until after the 2013 season. You've misinterpreted me at least once in this thread claiming I accused you of saying something you didn't. The facts are you didn't think Romo could be re-signed under the cap and I did. You ended up being wrong!

After 3 seasons you're still not convinced re-signing him was the right thing to do despite the fact the team has only won one game the past 5 seasons with a QB other than Romo. Take a poll and see how many Cowboy fans are still in a wait and see mode as to whether re-signing Romo after the 2012 season was the right thing to do.

This is not true. He had back issues even then but they were not forcing him to miss significant playing time. He suffered the herniated disk later but the back problems were all there. The Disk was a result of those issues. Your statement about not believing Romo could be signed is inaccurate. If that is what I said, please show me. Obviously, any player can be re-signed if you are stupid enough to go to any lengths to do it.

After 3 seasons, two of which have not been very good, more injury concerns and the three EASY years of the contract, yes, that is correct. I am still not convinced that re-signing him to a long term deal and then doing exactly what I feared the team would do, use his contract to create cap, and as a result, lock us into additional year beyond the 2017 season, was a wise decision. You say this whole "we can't win a game without Tony" thing as if it's a good thing. Do you not understand that this is the problem? Other teams, with lessor backups won games last year. I have continually said that the backups were not the problem last season. Obviously, none of them were Tony but they were also not the reason we lost so many games last year. This team has become so reliant on Tony that the Offense, IMO, can no long function properly without him to run it. That's not a good thing. If the entire future of the Franchise is resting on the health of one player, that's very bad. As to the poll, we've already been over this. People can think what they want but all the facts are not in yet. Tony's story will not be written, based off his first three years of this contract and it's lucky for him that they aren't because the first three years have not been all that great. He has a chance but the story is going to be written, based on the following years. Said it then and I haven't changed my opinion. If he can't win a championship, then it's going to be a big mistake. At one point in time, people thought the world was flat and had you taken a poll then and asked the question, people would have overwhelmingly voted towards flat. The facts were not in. Take that poll today and what do you think the results will reflect?

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
This is not true. He had back issues even then but they were not forcing him to miss significant playing time. He suffered the herniated disk later but the back problems were all there. The Disk was a result of those issues. Your statement about not believing Romo could be signed is inaccurate. If that is what I said, please show me. Obviously, any player can be re-signed if you are stupid enough to go to any lengths to do it.

After 3 seasons, two of which have not been very good, more injury concerns and the three EASY years of the contract, yes, that is correct. I am still not convinced that re-signing him to a long term deal and then doing exactly what I feared the team would do, use his contract to create cap, and as a result, lock us into additional year beyond the 2017 season, was a wise decision. You say this whole "we can't win a game without Tony" thing as if it's a good thing. Do you not understand that this is the problem? Other teams, with lessor backups won games last year. I have continually said that the backups were not the problem last season. Obviously, none of them were Tony but they were also not the reason we lost so many games last year. This team has become so reliant on Tony that the Offense, IMO, can no long function properly without him to run it. That's not a good thing. If the entire future of the Franchise is resting on the health of one player, that's very bad. As to the poll, we've already been over this. People can think what they want but all the facts are not in yet. Tony's story will not be written, based off his first three years of this contract and it's lucky for him that they aren't because the first three years have not been all that great. He has a chance but the story is going to be written, based on the following years. Said it then and I haven't changed my opinion. If he can't win a championship, then it's going to be a big mistake. At one point in time, people thought the world was flat and had you taken a poll then and asked the question, people would have overwhelmingly voted towards flat. The facts were not in. Take that poll today and what do you think the results will reflect?

If offense is so reliant on Romo, how is that his fault??? If offense falls apart without ONE player then blame the coaching. Getting rid of Romo without a viable backup plan at QB is just all kinds of stupid because it does not solve the real problem of inept coaching.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If offense is so reliant on Romo, how is that his fault??? If offense falls apart without ONE player then blame the coaching. Getting rid of Romo without a viable backup plan at QB is just all kinds of stupid because it does not solve the real problem of inept coaching.

I never said it was his fault. I said it was not good. I never suggested we get rid of Romo with no backup plan either. In fact, for YEARS I said that we needed to be addressing the QB situatuion. I mean, I agree with you. I think it's flat out stupid how we have managed the QB position but obviously, I make no decisions so I just kinda live with it, like we all do. I also agree with you that a lot of it is coaching but to me, it's really Jerry. Jerry is the ultimate decision maker on that IMO.

Reactions: BAT

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
First of all, you made the claims, it is you who needs to post whatever you think it is that I said. Secondly, I didn't want to "Sacrifice" anything. This is not and was not a Satanic Ritual and I am not deranged so nothing so dramatic as that I'm afraid. However, based on your Sacrifice Claim, I can see why you are in the dark here. I never wanted to give up anybody but I never made the decisions to overpay players and put us in a position that we could not manage, cap wise. That came as a result of contract decisions like the one we made with Tony, much earlier. Decisions like those are why we could resign the players we wanted in the first place. It's pretty easy to blame the team for not resigning Murray but in truth, the minute Tony was extended, it meant that either Dez or Murray or Ware were not coming back, just like I explained, in those threads years ago. Those are the facts.

The Poor performance by Tony is here nor there. I didn't start the thread so it really has nothing to do with me to be honest and it has nothing to do with this conversation. You can say that the reason that all started was Tony's poor performance and that might or might not be true, I don't know. That was not the primary reason I didn't want to sign Tony to a long term deal. That's really a circular argument. "The thread was only started because of Tony's poor performane" or "Well yeah, if he would not have played poorly, there would be no reason to discuss it". I mean, when you really think about it, the entire idea of what you said is silly. Of course the thread existed because Tony played poorly. Had he played well, that thread never exists but more to the point, had he not repeatedly played poorly in big games, this would not persist. This is not a shot at Tony, it's just the truth of the matter. I don't agree about the injuries. There were concerns and they proved true. That's just being dishonest. There were plenty of concerns and clearly, they were warranted. Of course realize what it sounds like when you say, "Tony had no injuries (which is not true) but Ware had multiple injuries that season so it was the right move to release him" yes? Same thing with Murray, I mean, I don't necessarily disagree because the book on Murray, coming out of OU was that he was injury prone and the Cowboys new that when they drafted him so it is what it is. I will say this, I believe that once Tony was signed, the Cowboys were never going to give him big money and that's why they had no problem giving him over 400 carries in a season. They new what that meant long term and they could have managed that but they didn't. The Sean Lee contract is not relevant to Dez or any other player. His contract and how it was set up is actually more friendly to the team and allows for flexibility, as well as protection against injuries. The contract is actually cheap through this season and doesn't get expensive till next season. This is probably why we drafted the injured Smith in the 2nd round. The 80% pay for play clause protects the team against injuries on Lee so the Dez vs Lee contract is a none starter. The Dez contract is what it is and honestly, all that really shows is that the concerns over his future contractual demands were valid.

By your logic, Jerry will ride Tony through a bad contract until he retires and we will be saddled with a poor option (like Carter) for years to come. We will suffer through 10 years of failed management poor football before we right the ship and have nothing to show for it because Jerry will repeat his mistakes from the 90s. Is that about it? Just remember that in your scenario, all of the decisions made to prop up Troy were poor and they failed miserably. You can't just take some of the story and use it to support your position without taking all of it. What does that say about the Tony decision? Fortunately, I do not hold with that. There is no reason to think that we would have taken Smith or Manual. We might have but then again, we might not have. We know that Jerry loved Lynch but is he on the team? As I recall, Manning was also an FA then so who is to say that we wouldn't have signed him or some other FA option? Obviously, we would have had the cap to do it. Lets say we went with Smith or Manual, the option would have still been there to take Derek Carr in 2014 and we really like him. I can't imagine we would not have taken him if Smith or Manual would have been the picks but to be honest, it's probably more likely that we would have taken a QB in 2012. It could have been Wilson or Osweiler or Cousins or Foles. I honestly doubt it would have been Manual or Smith.

The Cowboys have created the "Can't Function" situation with Tony themselves. This offense is created to facilitate him and that makes it a problem. However, if Tony is gone, then that problem is gone and you run a more traditional Offense. I don't really buy the whole, "Can't Win Without Tony" theory. At some point, we will have to and then we will see if that is true.

You made the claim that you were concerned about getting Ware, Murray and Dez re-signed so feel free to provide your comments from 3 years ago and we'll go over them. I'm not about to waste my time you're the one interested in rehashing a 3 year old argument. All I did was mention you were wrong about Romo being re-signed and you won't even concede that. You want to go through the entire argument again. Being more concerned about re-signing other players at the expense of your franchise QB makes absolutely no sense because the Cowboys aren't going to win games without Romo that's been proven since he was re-signed.

Ware was a season away from being released due to injuries and not wanting to take a pay cut. Murray had yet to establish himself and had plenty of time on his contract no one including you were thinking about extending him 3 years ago. You like many didn't want Romo back because you were put off by his dreadful season finale performance vs Washington that cost the Cowboys a playoff spot and felt he couldn't win the big games. I was on board with many who thought we'll never win a championship with him but he gave us a chance and the team would have no chance without him. You don't move on from your franchise QB unless you have a QB behind them who gives you just as good a chance to win.

All the Cowboys had was Kyle Orton and they weren't going to win crap with him. I'm not going to waste my time going through your entire post we need to narrow things down so we're not still arguing this when training camp opens. My logic is that you don't move on from your franchise QB who's still playing at a very high level unless you have a very competent QB behind them who gives your team a chance to win every week. If you don't have that QB you'll end up like the Cowboys did in the early 2000's after Aikman was released. The problem with you and many who wanted to move on from Romo is you had no viable contingency plan.

Most wanted to tank with Orton until we found a better option what kind of a plan is that? If the Cowboys traded Romo whatever picks they got, part or all of what they got would have gone on his replacement. There's no doubt in my mind that Jerry would have drafted a QB most likely Geno Smith who would have been seen as a good value at #31. After Romo's back surgery at the end of the 2013 season Jerry who was very concerned about Romo almost drafted Manziel so if he traded Romo or allowed him to walk there's NO DOUBT he would have drafted a QB in the 2013 draft and the Cowboys would still be looking for a QB.

As for the offense fitting only Romo I agree it's Romo friendly but there's still no excuse for not being able to incorporate a backup QB and have more success than we've had. Other teams do it, Denver did it and still made the playoffs and won the SB. To go 1-11 with three backup QBs is incomprehensible when you look at some of the talent on the team. This team is much more talented than the Campo teams of the early 2000's and they won some games with different QBs who weren't as good as the backups we used last season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Romo wasn't missing any time from his back prior to 2013. His back or the collarbone he broke in 2010 wasn't a concern after the 2012 season. You won't find one poster including yourself that was citing injury concerns with Romo as for the reason not to re-sign him. He was getting older and many fans and FANS had reached the end of their rope with him and his big game failures. You believed Romo couldn't be re-signed and wanted me to go through our cap situation and prove it to you.

You claimed I could find everything I need to figure out the cap on the Internet. lol The facts are in and have been for years that the Cowboys can't win consistently without Romo. You're under the belief that you simply draft a good QB to replace the one you have and you're set. Sorry, but it's not that simple or several teams including Cleveland wouldn't be going through years of agony trying to find a good QB. You or anyone else who thinks it's easy coming up with a franchise QB must think the world is flat.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_1bc2b60c-a592-5c8e-b619-90b4502de2a4.html

Here is an article that is kinda neat on Jackson. He played High School football near me here in Illinois.

Good story, and of course we want to pull for these small town guys.

The apprehension I have is that he didn't get more of a chance at his level of lower competition.
He wasn't injured, and there has been no report of suspension or lack of commitment. With his speed and agility, he should have set some records in the small high school arena, and should have gotten better offers from colleges, then simply tore it up at the small college level.

So, what's the catch? His scouting report says he has marginal football instincts, runs upright, doesn't finish or deliver a blow, and has well below average vision as a runner.

He doesn't appear to be very fond of contact; therefore he might not be of any value on STs either.

I'm just not sure he can play FB at this level; it will take somewhat of a transformation.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus
Darius Jackson RB, Eastern Michigan (6-0, 220) 4.40

Thick in the lower body. Plays in a read option attack. Gets the ball sideways then heads toward the line. Has some vision to see the hole and make the cut. Really does a nice job of finishing runs. See long runs in his games. Some plant and burst when he is making cuts. Will attack the hole. Can catch the ball and get up the field, but there were some snaps where he had concentration problems with his hands. Will drop some easy passes. Will lunge as a pass protector. Can see that he wants to be in position and knows what to do but his execution can be off. Can work through the gaps. Will protect the football. Runs through arm tackles. Physical player, especially tough around the goal line.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You made the claim that you were concerned about getting Ware, Murray and Dez re-signed so feel free to provide your comments from 3 years ago and we'll go over them. I'm not about to waste my time you're the one interested in rehashing a 3 year old argument. All I did was mention you were wrong about Romo being re-signed and you won't even concede that. You want to go through the entire argument again. Being more concerned about re-signing other players at the expense of your franchise QB makes absolutely no sense because the Cowboys aren't going to win games without Romo that's been proven since he was re-signed.

Ware was a season away from being released due to injuries and not wanting to take a pay cut. Murray had yet to establish himself and had plenty of time on his contract no one including you were thinking about extending him 3 years ago. You like many didn't want Romo back because you were put off by his dreadful season finale performance vs Washington that cost the Cowboys a playoff spot and felt he couldn't win the big games. I was on board with many who thought we'll never win a championship with him but he gave us a chance and the team would have no chance without him. You don't move on from your franchise QB unless you have a QB behind them who gives you just as good a chance to win.

All the Cowboys had was Kyle Orton and they weren't going to win crap with him. I'm not going to waste my time going through your entire post we need to narrow things down so we're not still arguing this when training camp opens. My logic is that you don't move on from your franchise QB who's still playing at a very high level unless you have a very competent QB behind them who gives your team a chance to win every week. If you don't have that QB you'll end up like the Cowboys did in the early 2000's after Aikman was released. The problem with you and many who wanted to move on from Romo is you had no viable contingency plan.

Most wanted to tank with Orton until we found a better option what kind of a plan is that? If the Cowboys traded Romo whatever picks they got, part or all of what they got would have gone on his replacement. There's no doubt in my mind that Jerry would have drafted a QB most likely Geno Smith who would have been seen as a good value at #31. After Romo's back surgery at the end of the 2013 season Jerry who was very concerned about Romo almost drafted Manziel so if he traded Romo or allowed him to walk there's NO DOUBT he would have drafted a QB in the 2013 draft and the Cowboys would still be looking for a QB.

As for the offense fitting only Romo I agree it's Romo friendly but there's still no excuse for not being able to incorporate a backup QB and have more success than we've had. Other teams do it, Denver did it and still made the playoffs and won the SB. To go 1-11 with three backup QBs is incomprehensible when you look at some of the talent on the team. This team is much more talented than the Campo teams of the early 2000's and they won some games with different QBs who weren't as good as the backups we used last season.

Why do I have to provide comments from three years ago? If you are saying that I am lying, then you show where I am lying. This is nothing new here. My views on this haven't changed. Anybody who knows me as a poster knows that I am all about financial stability within the organization. You are the one claiming that I said this or that three years ago. If I did, then show it. I'm telling you I didn't. I don't have to prove that I am telling the truth. That's not how it works. I am telling the truth. If you don't believe that, then prove I am lying to you. You are not very good at tell the truth at all are you? I have said, repeatedly that I am willing to agree to disagree. In fact, when you suggested it, I fully agreed. You are the one who continued to bring it back. As far as I am concerned, it's done and regardless of how stupid that decision may prove to be, there is nothing we can do about it now. Yeah, can't win without Romo. I just hope that we have a season where we don't have to. If he's on the shelf again, where is your "Can't win without Romo" then?

Your statements about Murray and Ware and extended them are not true. There are several posters, on this board, who watch contracts and they are talked about regularly. The OL and how we were going to get them all signed, even before we drafted Collins was a discussion. Just because you may not be a part of those discussion doesn't mean we don't have them. You are wrong. The biggest problem I ever had with Romo was his unwillingness to run the ball more and his desire to want to throw out of every bad situation. I didn't like that he threw inopportune picks but nobody likes that I'm sure. If you have a different view of it, like I said, just post the thread and I will discuss it. All the rest is your crap and you own it.

Not wanting to waste time is a good choice. I don't either but apparently, you are completely OK with saying stuff about posters and then wanting them to disprove what you say. You are all in on wasting time, just so long as it is not your own apparently. I understand, nobody really wants to have to do that but hey, you made the claims so it's on you to spend the time. If you are unwilling or you just find that what you have said proves to be untrue, then just step back from the statement and admit it but don't act like it's not on you to prove it cause it is. As far as your "Logic", I am aware of what your position is. I was aware of it then and I am aware of it now. It is your opinion and that is fine. However, your statement about not having a plan is again, inaccurate. It's not a plan you want to hear or like so you chose to ignore it but that doesn't mean there wasn't one. I will also say that your entire premise is wrong. I was in favor of signing Tony to a shorter contract for more up front money or trading him. It was not just a "Get ride of Tony" thing. That's not true. That's your version of the truth. It's interesting that you bring up the 2000s, after Troy. It's interesting because that's one of the very real scenarios I see this team in, in the near future but tell me, how old are you? I ask this because you totally ignore the years prior to Troy's retirement and the mess this approach left this franchise in. We were not stuck with Carter and the litany of other usless QBs because Troy retired. We were in that mess because of the moves we made to try and extend the chance to win another championship. Stupid moves designed to prolong Troy's career. Basically, the same kinds of things that are happening now.

I'm not going to make claims about what "most" wanted to do but I will say this. I will say that there are a lot of regular core posters on this board who have been screaming for years, the importance of developing QBs and the importance of investing resources into the position, beyond the Occasional 4th round pick, every 7 years. Those posters are not Fan Boys of Tony but they are also not Haters of Tony. They are posters who understand what it means to be QB poor. The contingency plan is to actually plan for the day when you have to play without Tony. The contingency plan was to realize that if you Traded Tony, you would get value in return. The contingency plan was to realize that the team would have Cap and that the team would be able to sign a decent Vet if one were available with any luck. The contingency plan was to understand that it is better to have a few losing seasons and get yourself into a position where you have a young QB that you can win with for 10 or 12 years, rather then make a poor gamble on a situation where you have a very limited window for success. Most of all, you have to realize that contingencies exist because not every situation is tenable. You don't see that with Tony. It is not we who had no contingency plans. It is you who has none because in your world, the idea that the team could win without Tony is impossible.

I agree with you on your last point. There is no reason we shouldn't be able to win without Tony. At least some games but we clearly can not. That's a real problem for us because it is my opinion that Tony is much closer to the end then to 5 more years. JMO.

Now, I didn't bring up the Romo thread. You did that. I agreed to agree to disagree multiple times but you do not seem to want to do that, even thou, you suggest it originally. I agree to disagree with you if that is what you would like to do. It's your call.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why do I have to provide provide comments from three years ago? If you are saying that I am lying, then you show where I am lying.

Never said you were lying I'm saying I don't remember you ever bringing up Ware, Murray and Dez as players we could lose if we re-sign Romo. I'm certainly not going to look for something that may not exist so if you mentioned those players then it's up to you to prove it. You mentioned you were concerned about the cap and that extending Romo could cost us players in the future but I don't recall you naming any specific players. You were more concerned about re-signing other players than Romo. When I have the time I'll cover more of your comments but we're going to have to narrow this down because I don't plan on spending a week or more on this.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Never said you were lying I'm saying I don't remember you ever bringing up Ware, Murray and Dez as players we could lose if we re-sign Romo. I'm certainly not going to look for something that may not exist so if you mentioned those players then it's up to you to prove it. You mentioned you were concerned about the cap and that extending Romo could cost us players in the future but I don't recall you naming any specific players. You were more concerned about re-signing other players than Romo. When I have the time I'll cover more of your comments but we're going to have to narrow this down because I don't plan on spending a week or more on this.

I did and many other poster did as well. The implications of Tony's future contract were talked about a good two years before the day came and what contract might mean, in relation to other young players was discussed in detail. I am not the only one either. There are a lot of posters who were concerned about that. Even posters who want to sign Tony long term had concerns over that.

It's easy to avoid the week. Just agree to disagree. That's as hard as it is really.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I did and many other poster did as well. The implications of Tony's future contract were talked about a good two years before the day came and what contract might mean, in relation to other young players was discussed in detail. I am not the only one either. There are a lot of posters who were concerned about that. Even posters who want to sign Tony long term had concerns over that.

It's easy to avoid the week. Just agree to disagree. That's as hard as it is really.

Like I said I don't recall Ware, Dez or Murray being mentioned and if you mentioned them find your post and we'll discuss it. That thread would have NEVER been started had Romo played well vs Washington leading to a Cowboys victory. Many didn't feel he was worth a $100 million extension based on the lack of success we were having with him in big games. His health never came up fans and FANS were disgruntled over his dreadful performance vs Washington and wanted to move on from him.

No one wanted him weighing our cap down due to the lack of big game success he was having...FACT! I said let's agree to disagree days ago but you keep going. When I have the time I'll find a quote or 2 from you in that thread and we'll see exactly what you said THEN and what you're saying NOW.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Like I said I don't recall Ware, Dez or Murray being mentioned and if you mentioned them find your post and we'll discuss it. That thread would have NEVER been started had Romo played well vs Washington leading to a Cowboys victory. Many didn't feel he was worth a $100 million extension based on the lack of success we were having with him in big games. His health never came up fans and FANS were disgruntled over his dreadful performance vs Washington and wanted to move on from him.

No one wanted him weighing our cap down due to the lack of big game success he was having...FACT! I said let's agree to disagree days ago but you keep going. When I have the time I'll find a quote or 2 from you in that thread and we'll see exactly what you said THEN and what you're saying NOW.

If that's what you want to believe, that's fine with me. I disagree, the thread, and many more like it, were started both before and after. That's just the simple truth of it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If that's what you want to believe, that's fine with me. I disagree, the thread, and many more like it, were started both before and after. That's just the simple truth of it.

I don't recall ever seeing a thread like that where practically half the board wanted to move on from Romo. His meltdown vs Washington in the season finale of the 2012 season was the most down on Romo I had ever seen the fanbase. Many who supported him wanted to move on from him. Feel free to provide a link to a thread prior to the 2012 season or after where that many fans wanted to move on from Romo.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't recall ever seeing a thread like that where practically half the board wanted to move on from Romo. His meltdown vs Washington in the season finale of the 2012 season was the most down on Romo I had ever seen the fanbase. Many who supported him wanted to move on from him. Feel free to provide a link to a thread prior to the 2012 season or after where that many fans wanted to move on from Romo.

You don't remember a lot, from the sound of your comments and I don't know that anybody ever said that half the board watned anything. Those are your statements, not mine.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You don't remember a lot, from the sound of your comments and I don't know that anybody ever said that half the board watned anything. Those are your statements, not mine.

I remember a lot but you want to forget because you ended up wrong. Most of our argument consisted of you not thinking Romo could be re-signed and you ended up wrong. Why can't you concede that? You were worried about our salary cap and that re-signing him could hurt us down road so you were thinking more about signing other players even though even though Romo had yet to turn 33 and was clearly the teams most important player.

You were so convinced Romo couldn't be signed here you were asking me to do the math and figure out how we were going to sign him under the cap.

You have the numbers, you can look at it and figure out how your going to do it. Every player's cap number is public info. Maybe you are just too lazy to do the work? I've lost count of how many times you've asked me to provide info in this thread. Why don't you do a little of your own homework here? I suspect it's because you can't answer or won't answer because you know what it will spell out. You are going to have to cut players in order to get under the cap. As I said earlier, Spencer is going to be the first example but he won't be the last. So yeah, lets hear it. It's your plan, you explain it. That's how it works. Lets hear it.

You were so convinced Romo couldn't and wouldn't be re-signed it led to this exchange.

He'll find a way to keep Romo because he knows he'll be looking at a 4-12 to 5-11 season in 2013 without him.

Nothing like Blind Faith.

Agree to disagree I suppose. You make sure you come back and look me up in a few years if we have resigned Romo. Please be sure not to forget about that.

I didn't forget to come back and look you up a few years later. :laugh: Let's not forget this quote of mine.

We will keep Tony...book it!
:D

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I remember a lot but you want to forget because you ended up wrong. Most of our argument consisted of you not thinking Romo could be re-signed and you ended up wrong. Why can't you concede that? You were worried about our salary cap and that re-signing him could hurt us down road so you were thinking more about signing other players even though even though Romo had yet to turn 33 and was clearly the teams most important player.

You were so convinced Romo couldn't be signed here you were asking me to do the math and figure out how we were going to sign him under the cap.

You were so convinced Romo couldn't and wouldn't be re-signed it led to this exchange.

I didn't forget to come back and look you up a few years later. :laugh: Let's not forget this quote of mine.

Fair enough. You have done your part. Please be sure to come back a few years down the road so we can revisit this.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Fair enough. You have done your part. Please be sure to come back a few years down the road so we can revisit this.

Trust me, in a few years there won't be anything from this discussion you'll want to revisit.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Trust me, in a few years there won't be anything from this discussion you'll want to revisit.

Oh, I am sure I won't but it's because I think that the results won't be pretty. Not because we will win a Championship. However, if we do, I will be happy to be wrong.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Oh, I am sure I won't but it's because I think that the results won't be pretty. Not because we will win a Championship. However, if we do, I will be happy to be wrong.

The results might not be pretty due to the coaching and not having a viable QB to replace Romo.