#34 Darius Jackson

Reaction score
Latavius Murray 2.0...this kid is going to make it very hard for McFadden to make this team.

Exactly. What folks here are not talking enough about is the fact that, midseason last year when McFadden took over, we changed our blocking scheme to accommodate him. Went from primarily zone to primarily man. I think the FO signed Morris to replace McFadden as the lead back because he is better at zone running. Then, we made the move for Zeke. Jackson is a perfect 3rd RB because he can play ST well. If Zeke shows that he can play 3rd downs well (we know he can block but has to pick up the mental part), there really is no room for McFadden and his $2m salary on this roster.

Proximo

Reaction score
If this kid really shows some promise I wonder if we'll see a surprise cut?

Would we gamble on stashing this kid on the practice squad?

Manster68

Reaction score
Great pick. Only issue is after investing so much in Elliott, there's not a lot of room at the position.

I do think Jackson is heck of a prospect, especially in the 6th round.

I would hate to cut Morris or McFadden, but if this kid shows a lot of promise, then that would be the way to go.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
...and neither of them give you anything on special teams. There's a job to be had there if he can contribute on the coverage units.

Excellent point.

If he can turn into a good player on coverages, like other third and fourth string players have done in recent years, he can win a job. That is how Phillip Tanner made it, not the helmetless run.

Earning a job based off of special teams is not always just about the returner piece.

tm1119

Reaction score
We're only in May tap the brakes!

Murray: 6'3 223 4.45 40, 10'4 broad, 6.81 3 cone at pro day. 1106, 5.59YPC, 15 rushing TD last year in college.
Jackson: 6' 220 4.35 40, 11'1 broad, 6.82 3 cone at pro day. 1078, 5.1YPC, 14 rushing TD last year in college.

just drafted our starting RB
can't keep 2 veteran backups that don't play special teams
Team saves 2 million on the cap cutting McFadden vs 500K dead $ on the cap for cutting Morris
Morris is a better system fit vs McFadden and also has a better track record. On the field and injury wise.

Nothing I said was outlandish. Not saying it's a lock or anything, but 1 hammy tweak in training camp and McFadden is going to be in a lot of trouble is all I'm saying.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
McFadden will not be the odd man out. He is a lock making this team.

I wouldn't say he's a lock he's 29 years old with only one year left on his contract. If he were to start having a hamstring problems again this summer and the rookie looks good he could be trouble if we only keep 3 backs. Dunbar is definitely gone he only signed for one year and is currently rehabbing a significant knee injury.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Murray: 6'3 223 4.45 40, 10'4 broad, 6.81 3 cone at pro day. 1106, 5.59YPC, 15 rushing TD last year in college.
Jackson: 6' 220 4.35 40, 11'1 broad, 6.82 3 cone at pro day. 1078, 5.1YPC, 14 rushing TD last year in college.

just drafted our starting RB
can't keep 2 veteran backups that don't play special teams
Team saves 2 million on the cap cutting McFadden vs 500K dead $ on the cap for cutting Morris
Morris is a better system fit vs McFadden and also has a better track record. On the field and injury wise.

Nothing I said was outlandish. Not saying it's a lock or anything, but 1 hammy tweak in training camp and McFadden is going to be in a lot of trouble is all I'm saying.

Like I said it's only May plus he has at least three backs ahead of him. We're not desperate at RB we just drafted the top back in the draft who's going to start. If he's going to find his way into the rotation he's going to have to play well on special teams.

Last edited:

fortdick

Reaction score
6'0" 221lbs

Can he maybe put on 10 pounds and convert to a FB? Excellent blocker, they say.

As a baseball player, I believe he can catch the ball.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Is he as good as this Darius, though?

th