#34 Darius Jackson

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
He probably hasn't executed a lead block since Pop Warner league. I'd say he's got much better odds making it as a RB than at FB.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rod Smirh the RB is supposed to be trying to convert to a FB, he is 6-2 and 231.
Add 10 pounds or so, and should be good

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
There will be more room when we release McFadden and save $2m

Don't see why they would cut him. He's cheap, can carry the ball 15-20 on a given gameday if needed in case of an injury and most importantly he's a good nickel RB.

I think Dunbar is the one who could be in trouble.

Jackson can force himself on the roster as a 4th RB by shining on Special Teams.

Reaction score
Don't see why they would cut him. He's cheap, can carry the ball 15-20 on a given gameday if needed in case of an injury and most importantly he's a good nickel RB.

I think Dunbar is the one who could be in trouble.

Jackson can force himself on the roster as a 4th RB by shining on Special Teams.

Because we just signed Alfred Morris who is a better scheme fit and less injury-prone

conner01

Reaction score
If we cut a vet I think it will be dmac. He is not as good behind zone blocking, he has been injury prone, he in the last year of a contract and saves money. Coming off a very solid year he could catch on with a team he has a shot at getting more carries on.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Because we just signed Alfred Morris who is a better scheme fit and less injury-prone

I agree Morris is a better scheme fit. I think they keep both. For only 2 million, they can choose to just deactivate DMC on gameday until he is needed. If his salary were higher, I'd agree with you.

Now if DJAX impresses throughout Minicamps and preseason, maybe he gives the coaching staff a reason to feel comfortable enough to let DMC walk. But we're far from that right now.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
Because you have 2 backups on veteran contracts

ding ding ding... I would let two of the vets walk...or cut em...I am ready to go young, smart and fearful of a smart tough HC...wait...this just in...we need a HC that players fear.....

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
The chances of carrying 4 RBs have been reduced with the Cowboys holding a roster spot open for Smith who likely won't play all season. That's going to make it harder to go long at RB.

It is unlikely that Smith opens on the 53. I doubt he practices in Training Camp which means he can open on PUP.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where did you get that information? Have any information on NFI and what it's stipulations are?

NFI rules are same as PUP.
NFI basically for rookies and any injury non football,related, as if the player was injured in some other form, like an accident, or a pick up basketball game.

As PUP are for players signed or was on roster coming off an injury from previous year, or if they had a knee scoped in off season like MCLain did last year.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I would hate to cut Morris or McFadden, but if this kid shows a lot of promise, then that would be the way to go.
Yup, I think that MCFad is out, if Jackson shows something, he's in. JMO

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
I am pretty sure the Boys aren't going with an all rookie RB backfield. Morris or McFadden or Dunbar will make the team. Still shaking my head with Dunbar

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Go with two rookies and Morris. Elliott's plug and play. Morris is a nice backup and Jackson can be worked in slowly. He's got the upside to warrant the roster spot. You're not going to sneak him on to the practice squad.

This would be a complete flush of the RBs we started last season with. Something that I think had to be done.

Last edited:

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I am pretty sure the Boys aren't going with an all rookie RB backfield. Morris or McFadden or Dunbar will make the team. Still shaking my head with Dunbar

Morris is pretty much a given since his salary is guaranteed and he fits the scheme.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
We played musical chairs last year at the RB position, which cost us draft picks. If we are committed to the running game then you keep 4 RB's. Keep Elliot and the Vets for sure and if Jackson can return kicks then you might keep 4 and cut Clutts.