35 years since round one QB

1942willys

Reaction score
They found their franchise quarterback that has done nothing that Prescott hasn't done early in his career. You do understand that Prescott was the rookie of the year, won13 games probably would have then even better his second year had Zeke not got ridiculously suspended and then in 2018 went to the second round of the playoffs, both those playoffs runs were cut short because of bad defense.​

So, you acting like that one off outlier so far that's all we have on Houston's quarterback is somehow he's going to be better than Prescott??

Is that what you're saying?? Are you saying you're taking one good year ,I mean I've seen Blake Bortles go to an AFC championship games, I've seen Mark Sanchez go to a couple, I saw teams bring quarterbacks along with them to a couple of Super Bowls and even win some historically like Nick Foles and a whole list of guys like Trent dilfer were not better than Prescott.

Their teams were better than Prescott... So, what you're now judging is a one year one off sample of Houston's quarterback... What we're talking about here is it going to get them farther because we seen this tune with deshaun Watson with Houston puffing their chest out and it never happened they are futile and anybody who keeps talking about these moves Houston's making; hey big clap, big Garett sarcastic clap, because nobody wins games when none are being played ,schedules have not been released, the regular season has not yet started...they are now what 75 years and waiting?? makes 28 not so bad waiting for #6 as Houtons waiting for #! 75 years let that sink in.. CJ and Texans =TBD INC!! let SE IT not predict it..​

The Houston Oilers, the Tennessee Titans, and the Texans have all linked together for zero Super Bowls in 63 years ,

so again these first round picks ,I don't care what they might look like good or bad early, We/I need to see more than one season from this guy but thanks for picking out one when the guy who went before him didn't look so good... the number one overall pick like Baker Mayfield is not better than Prescott, we got him in the fourth round, we also got Romo which I would take over Baker Mayfield in about dozens of other failures over your little handful of success stories.

It's really not about just a first round pick you need to be in the top five to get those guys you can't do that if you're winning the number of games the Cowboys are winning.. so unless we have a bad season and get a top ten pick where we can move up into the top five without sacrificing the next three to five drafts it's not worth it IMHO

And by the way Bob was nice enough to post something, I think it's on this thread might be the Last Post the Dallas Cowboys have been around since 1960 and only have had two top quarterbacks in the first round??​
So this is not a Jerry Jones thing, this is a league thing and sometimes when you already find your quarterbacks other ways you don't need a first round pick to be successful... so how about I raise your CJ Stroud and show you a guy like Brock Purdy, Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Wilson, and many others who were not top picks and now we can add in Prescott because he's been a top five the top ten quarterback and can bring us to the promised land if he had a better team...​
You know team that even resembled something that Troy and Roger had; Prescott would be successful on those teams and so with Tony Romo IMHO We have not had a good team in quite a long time, it's not about a first round quarterback, it's about a better assembled team including the coaching staff that both our last two quarterbacks have not had... You go look at all those playoff losses and you show me the offensive lines that our 70s and 90s Cowboys have had and guys like Tony Dorsett and Emmitt Smith and the defenses and the coaching Staffs and I'll tell you why quarterback is not our main issue...​
No matter what anybody tries to tell me Troy and Roger never carry this team they didn't carry their teams they never were asked to they never had to they literally had some of the top running games top physical offensive lines top receivers along with some of the top defenses and they all showed up in the playoffs our team is not showing up to support our quarterback from the top down our team is losing in the playoffs...​
TEAM it's not spelled quarterback..​
And look I'm not suggesting we should never pick a first-round quarterback, I'm telling you there's no blueprint for success because we've seen quarterbacks taken all over or even undrafted players have success, we've seen backup players win Super Bowls, literally that were far under Prescott's level of talent is.....​
The largest problem is the team has not been built to handle a long playoff run they are not physical enough, they don't bring a balanced offense ,they do not come to play their best in all phases, including coaching, and we just keep picking on the quarterback....​
And by the way we have our first round quarterback HIS name is Trey Lance LOL​
I mean he's on our team is he not ? LOL just maybe they can mold this guy into something but stop telling me that you need to have a first-round quarterback to be successful because that's just not true.. But if you are going to do it you're not trying to pick him at #30 or #25 or #15 you're trying to get into the top five to do this or you can get lucky and find one outside the top five but just picking one in the first round is not lining yourself up for success as we have PROOF ie teams like the browns, jets, and Denver have given up on the draft and went high risk and its also not working out..at least with Dak we only sacrifice MONEY, not wasted draft capital going after similar guys....why has Indy taken so long to replace PM and so far BB got fired because he could replace Brady faster where was their plans??​
we get it you love Dak and want to worship him
do not have to write War and Peace

cowboybish

Reaction score
The only 2 big ones that were not are Montana and Brady
Montana was a good quarterback, but Bill Walsh‘s system was new to the league, and Montana ran it perfectly. It would be interesting to see Joe Montana in the league today to see if his results were similar. Not taking anything away from him.

Einstein

Reaction score
Yeah, and as much as I wish we would take (the right) one, look at the other teams in our division and how many 1st round QB's they've taken. How many have really worked out? Eli and maybe McNabb.