3rd down - who scares you more Heath at S or Taco at RE

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
If I had to guess, I’d put my money on a safety being BPA at 58...

We need both though...

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
I still have hope Taco will turn the corner. I wish I had it in me to look into his twitter claim of passrush snaps, but I don’t. I’ll keep in eye on him in training camp. Darn you Gregory.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
As it stands today without Gregory, Taco is probably the RE on 3rd down. Unless there’s a unicorn in the 2nd that can contribute as a rookie.

And Heath whose as bad as RW31 in pass coverage is there.

So if you can only address 1 which would it be

That's the problem: we ONLY ever address one. In the case of this "win or bust" season, we've addressed none.

JayFord

Reaction score
I like heath he tries and he’s clutch in Some big moments

But if I’m Qb I look for 38 take 3 steps and launch it at whoever he’s covering and I can rest assure it’ll be a first down for us

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Heath makes a mistake it's magnified.
He is a better safety than taco is DE.

my take.. .

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As it stands today without Gregory, Taco is probably the RE on 3rd down. Unless there’s a unicorn in the 2nd that can contribute as a rookie.

Heath played SS in 2018 and is better in coverage than many NFL Strong Safeties. Heath's issue in 2018 was run defense/tackling NOT pass coverage .

Brooksey

Reaction score
Tyrone Crawford scares me at D-end. Anytime they see him they audible and pass or we called the wrong defense. He’s terrible against the pass and got killed against the Rams/Colts run offense

Beaker42

Reaction score

Heath by a long shot. Taco can play his RE spot, Heath can’t play his.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Get Heath to add 20 lbs and make him a LBer.

Taco needs reps.

He needs to play to get better.

He has some ability..

he needs to get the snot beat out of him and let him get edgy.

:angry:

coult44

Reaction score

It's sad that we have this thread
I've said this about players in the past and it turned out true. If they were not on the Coybiys roster they couldn't make another teams practice squad

Ddisco22

Reaction score

That's easy
Heath!
Especially if it's 3rd n long and if it's 3rd n short Taco won't be in.

pansophy

Reaction score
Taco -- if we get to the QB then Heath doesn't have to do nearly as much. I personally have believed that a great pass rush does more to make the secondary look good then a great secondary makes the pass rush looks good. The Giants have basically won 2 super bowls on that premise.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not particularly worried about either. I think Crawford will move out and be serviceable on third downs if Charlton or Armstrong. Ant cut it, and we were ok with Heath at S all year last year. Both positions are good candidates for adding upgrades, though.

kskboys

Reaction score
Get Heath to add 20 lbs and make him a LBer.

Taco needs reps.

He needs to play to get better.

He has some ability..

he needs to get the snot beat out of him and let him get edgy.

:angry:
LB's need good lateral agility and phone booth quickness. Heath doesn't have those.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I’m not particularly worried about either. I think Crawford will move out and be serviceable on third downs if Charlton or Armstrong. Ant cut it, and we were ok with Heath at S all year last year. Both positions are good candidates for adding upgrades, though.
It’s like we’re dating 5’s at both spots and we’re afraid to ask out the 8’s that are showing interest in us.